• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

DEADLY DESCENT In To The Storm

Do you think this map should be added?

• Yes

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • No [Explain Why]

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

MCS

Diamond
Reaction score
Hello all! Welcome to the map In To The Storm.

+ Map Back Story +
The Idea Originated from the Movie 'In To The Storm' a movie based on waves upon waves of tornadoes hitting different places in America. If you haven't seen the film, I'd highly recommend it but yeah anyway, back to the point. The map is made from different colors of wool to give the feel of being inside a Live tornado, those wool colors are:

Light Gray: Example
Gray: Example
Dark Gray: Example

Map Radius: 65x65

The map has also got some added features like Cars, a School bus and trees which have been pulled up from the ground by of course the tornado, and for some reason a Plane at the top, we had more of an idea for this but we put it out of the way at the top of the map to give an idea of how destructive tornadoes are. Yeah.. Let's go with that xD

Anyway the bit you've all been waiting for here are the screenshots of the map:

The Pointless Plane mensioned previously!

The Picture shown here is the spawn point, this is of course where the users spawn and respawn after death.

Here is what the floor looks like, based off a scene from the film.

Here is a school bus being pulled up from the 'nado.

Here is a house being broken up by the tornado.

Here is a tree that's been knocked down by the storm.

We have kept the Idea of the 3 tier'd areas to give an insight as to where about in the map you are.
Here's a video for a better view of the map:

Thank you all for reading the thread, hope you like the map!

Coordinates of spawn point: X: 59 Y: 135 Z: -56
Y Coordinate of bottom level: Y: 4

I,Essentrix/Maxcy, xNeonCreeper and ItsJohaan agree and accept that by submitting this map to the MCGamer Network for consideration it may be altered by the staff of MCGamer at any time in order to make gameplay changes. Also, by accepting this you understand that any violation of the map guidelines such as, but not limited to OP items being placed, may result in the immediate removal of your map and or any associated given ranks (Map Maker) from our servers. The MCGamer staff have full rights to decide whether or not the map in question is applied to or remains on the server network and the status of the map is subject to change at any time.

Last edited:

TotalDramaTony

District 13
Reaction score
I love the concept, and I appreciate parodies, however it looks a little too monotone, I know you're focusing on the dark ends, but I feel like even adding just one more color, or two would help make it look a little more exciting.

AGFire2013

District 13
Reaction score
Looks really nice (as far as I can tell with like 132523423 blocks of stone in there), it would be a great map to play c:

MCS

Diamond
Reaction score
I love the concept, and I appreciate parodies, however it looks a little too monotone, I know you're focusing on the dark ends, but I feel like even adding just one more color, or two would help make it look a little more exciting.
We will definitely take it in to consideration! Thanks for the feadback!

Looks really nice (as far as I can tell with like 132523423 blocks of stone in there), it would be a great map to play c:
Thanks for the feadback!

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
This map looks very well put together, and I like the organization of the theme! Hopefully we'll all be able to play this on MCG one day :)

MCS

Diamond
Reaction score
This map looks very well put together, and I like the organization of the theme! Hopefully we'll all be able to play this on MCG one day :)
Greetings,

Personally I love the the way this map design looks! I think it would make a great addition to the Deadly decent map collection on MCGamer. However, unfortunately this is not a decision I get to make! Never-the-less best of luck good fellow!
Thanks for the feedback!

Luka

Quantum
Reaction score
I like the idea but it could have a bit more colours because, just as Tony said, It's a bit monotone :D Good luck on getting it in game, you have my support! :)

Johqn

Quantum
Reaction score
I like the idea but it could have a bit more colours because, just as Tony said, It's a bit monotone :D Good luck on getting it in game, you have my support! :)
Thanks, but once again this is based of a storm so we chose to have dark colours for this map, but thanks for the support!

BenjiBaeb

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
From the screenshots provided, I can't really say I like it.

- Lacks a "WOW" factor
- Needs more colour
- Adding a car and a destroyed road doesn't make it anything like the film "Into the storm", if you're going based it upon a film, at least make it look like the film.

In my own honest opinion, I do not like this map for the simply fact that it does not excite me, nor does it remind me of the film it's based upon.

However, it is a nice idea, Goodluck with the map. Maybe you could make some changes from the criticism given.

(Sorry if I sound rude, it's my honest opinion.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci