• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is it all a waste of time?

Reaction score
MCSG changed my life for the good, and a lot, before I even got into it, I was a lone wolf in my neighborhood and in school in general, video games where the only place where I could still be somewhat connected to, when I started to join clans at the start, I was very shy and I never was active, I always thought that people wont care much about me just as much in the real world, when I join met arountjuuh in January 2013, this is when I felt like I had someone who cared about me and enjoyed talking to me, and when I join TeamSypher (<3), this is when I felt comfortable and I manged to express myself without being ignored, I managed to get so much more friends than I ever had, and I felt like I had a reason to live for, I thought that if I did managed to do so well in this "internet world" maybe I would do well in real life, and this was true. :)
In conclusion, video games are not a waste of time (Atleast from my experience), the games and the community there taught me that you should be who you are, and no matter what, life will get better, they also taught me to never be afraid to say what you think, and express yourself. I feel that if I never played video games or was on the internet, my life would be completely different than what it is right now, and for the bad.
This is why I love the MCSG community so much <3

TomahawkGoesChop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Video games changed my life drastically. If there wasnt any video games, alot of people would have, well, commited suicide. Video games give self respect, creativity and give the ability to make decisions faster. If you keep balance with school, video games and your social life, it definitely doesnt feel like a waste of time.

Sench

Diamond
Reaction score
My english grades has grown better and better because of this video game. In the fact I am Norwegian its not so easy to communicate well with an other person with an other language. Therefore I play and talk with others here in the community pretty much everyday. You may wonder "How much did your grade grow from the begining too now?" Well, Ill tell you. A "B" from a "C-".

Mango

Mega Nonce.
Reaction score
Playing video games has changed my life for the better, in my opinion. If I hadn't have met all the people I love here on the Internet then I wouldn't be the same. In real life I have low self esteem, and little to no self confidence. Coming online changes me. I can act 'normally' and express myself fully. Being able to get on the Internet when real life is torture is a great relief. I don't really know how else to describe it.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I think playing games has been an overall positive thing for me. I guess I'm different than a lot of people here in that games aren't my "addiction" or "escape," they're really just something I do as a pastime. I don't think they've negatively affected me really. It may seem like I spend a lot of my time here (and I do spend a decent amount of time, to be fair), but I still do plenty of other things. I've enjoyed making friends and meeting people here, and it's a good place to practice and test my writing, debating, and creativity. I think I've had valuable experiences that I'll look on fondly when I'm older, and I'm glad to have found this place.

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
It's only a waste of time if you make it a waste of time.

Video games can be used as an escape from work and stress, but it can be abused as something that will only weigh on more stress and effect your work.

For me personally? Yeah, sure. I've met some good friends through video games, and without video games I'd probably have a really boring life. I use video games, as RC had stated, more as a past-time rather than my escape.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
In all honesty, I probably wouldn't have ended up where I am if I had not discovered MCSG. Probably a person a lot different...maybe with more real life and...well....actual friends. Better grades, more social. That all could have happened to me. But it didn't, and I'm glad it didn't happen. I honestly don't know where I would be if I had not discovered this place one fond day two years ago. This community had brought smiles to my face countless times, experiences and life lessons that I wouldn't have gotten anywhere else, and even support in grave times in my life. It's so good to be in a place where nobody judges who you are, nobody cares about your skin colour, how smart or sporty you are, what you like and what you don't like. That's what really ties this community together, because in the end, regardless of our ranks on here, we're all humans. We all make mistakes, and that's completely fine. I love being surrounded by people that I wouldn't have met any other way. From the other end of Canada, to the U.S. to all around the world, I would have never found any of these amazing people any other way. This place is just so comforting to be in, and it's definitely offered me an escape in harsh times in my life. And where I can feel like nobody would ever bring me down. Sure I've probably raged countless times because of dying thousands of times on here. But I don't care, I really don't. People would say their life would have been better off had they not ever found this place. But the people, the community as a whole and everything in it, had most certainly changed me as a person, and to who I am today (and teaching me better grammar along the way). So no, this virtual reality that I've spent almost two years of my life on has never, and would never be a waste. I'll probably forget this when I'm an adult. It's inevitable as I would probably grow out of this game and Minecraft, as well as these servers, would come to a halt these days. But the impact they've made in my life is irreversible (in a good way, of course!) and will always be present in me forever...
Love you all <3

#Emotional #BetternotTL;DRme! #ProbablyButDidntExaggerateIt

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
I think it both affected me for the better and the worse.
It has given me many friends, although I may never meet them, they're some of my closest friends. I've entrusted secrets with then that I haven't even told personal friends I've known for a long time. That being said, I also hate that. Whenever I would talk about my friends, I would only talk about my "internet friends." I strayed away from friends I knew and saw everyday. I have lost some of my closest friends and I hate that about myself. However, that meant I was too obsessed with video games. That lead me to meet new friends who, up until recently, I hardly talked to. We became friends due to common interests. So that's another reason in thankful.
When I would be with my family I would constantly be thinking of MCSG, the forums, my rank, etc. It ate me up and as much as I tried, I couldn't stop. I couldn't stand that I could prioritize a video game over my family. I also lost sleep and my grades suffered due to my forum obsession. I would also choose online friends over irl friends, because if I left my internet friends for a week, something would fall apart. That also caused me to lose friends on both sides. However, I've now introduced some of my irl friends to my internet friends, which actually improved our relationship. It may be through a video game, but I spend a lot more time with my irl friends. As much as I love MCSG, I'd have to say that it was kind of a waste of my life. At least when I would sit there try grading solo. In no way were the friends I made a waste.

TL;DR:
Don't waste your time tryharding alone. Play with friends, but prioritize your irl friends over the ones you meet online.

Ultraviolence

Experienced
Reaction score
the internet made me the person i am 2day video games r bad and i hate them now its all about instagram twitter and tumblr

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
I would never consider it a waste of time in the sense of all the things I've learned, and the fun I've had, but most importantly, the friends I've made.

I have met some of the most amazing people I've ever met, and like ever will meet online, and I would never call that a waste of time.

I can honestly say foruming has improved my writing skills, and being involved here and other minecraft related places got me into 'digital art' which I am so happy to have been introduced too.

Something Col_StaR mentioned in his post regarding moderation is entirely true. I think that if I played "24/7" I would be more likely to consider that part a "waste", but the truth is I don't. I think most people who play occasionally, and mostly focus on other things, like talking to their friends on Skype or team speaks, are highly less likely to consider it a waste of time, since they see it as more of a social interaction than just "gaming all day".

I've also never let MCSG effect my real life responsibilities, like school, and it doesn't effect how often I hang out with my 'IRL' friends, which makes a difference in how I view MCSG.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci