• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is MCSG digging their own grave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
To be honest, even myself don't like the fact that the stats will be reset that way, despite my bad efforts in the Survival Games, but it is good to have a fresh start, and if they do refresh the statistics, then it would bring out more opportunities to making the server even better for the community. And as MoLoTov said, the poll was there for a reason, meaning that the majority of the community has agreed with the statistics reset, including myself. However, I think that they will keep the previous statistics somewhere around from what I heard, meaning that you can still look at them. And I do admire how hard you have worked for getting such a vast amount of wins, but you can always screenshot your statistics and show it around in the forums as a signature, not necessarily too difficult. Also, the meaning of MCSG is to have fun, we should definitely take some consideration that it isn't about having wins and being dominant, but actually having an enjoyable time and trying to make friends, despite the trash-talkers and hackers, that is the main purpose of the community, and the staff is literally always there for us when we need them. :)

Also, I have high doubts that disrespect and trash-talking is not punishable, even in the rules it has stated that we must all respect players. Also, you can always report the disrespectful people by getting some evidence, and posting it in the report abuse section, also following the format. Hence, meaning that disrespect could be punishable if it gets too out of hand.

I would be glad to clarify that the attempts of trying to remove hackers isn't necessarily a failure, or a miserable attempt as stated. The thing is, over a thousand suspects have been banned the past month, and waaay over 10,000 have been banned the previous years. But we have to accept the reality, that we can't remove all the hackers in the world, as much of a virtual fantasy we want to live in, it just isn't possible. Because more and more will keep coming in, but we must acknowledge the fact that MCGamer would have been meters within its grave already without the attempts of removing the hackers, and without the trusted staff members we have today to keep the community in line, then it would have been so much worse.

Overall, I understand your point of view and perspective towards seeing what is going on with the community, even I have had similar thoughts towards it. But the truth is, MCGamer isn't really digging its own grave, it is only growing healthier, and stronger. We also gotta understand that without the good staff there to help us out in the recent malicious attacks, then we would no longer have been a community. I think that we need to try to let more people understand what is going on, there's nothing to worry about, Wyz_Guy. Things change, and sometimes people will disagree, but rest assured that MCGamer is not going to the ground. :) :D
Nice reply, you got valid points there :3

But the trashtalking issue is really bugging me, I won't be happy until it gets dealt with. No, being disrespectful is not punishable, but harassing is here at MCSG. Difference between being disrespectful and harassing, is so slight it shouldn't even exist. Being disrespectful: 'l2p' Harassing: 'l2p Wyz_Guy'

That is so dumb! People are breaking rules by being disrespectful and not getting even punished! Same here at the forums.

NotCanziano

Diamond
Reaction score

But the trashtalking issue is really bugging me, I won't be happy until it gets dealt with. No, being disrespectful is not punishable, but harassing is here at MCSG. Difference between being disrespectful and harassing, is so slight it shouldn't even exist. Being disrespectful: 'l2p' Harassing: 'l2p Wyz_Guy'

That is so dumb! People are breaking rules by being disrespectful and not getting even punished! Same here at the forums.
l2p Wyz_Guy

Kupi

Diamond
Reaction score
Hey, grow up then come speak to me thanks
Tell me to grow up LOL you are the one crying about stats resets in a game, go outside find some friends and stop rotting your life away on a minecraft server.

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
Tell me to grow up LOL you are the one crying about stats resets in a game, go outside find some friends and stop rotting your life away on a minecraft server.
You can't really tell other people what to do, you aren't any better person even if you go outside, it's very stupid to brag with the fact that you go out.

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
This is exactly why I told you to grow up :)

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
This thread is to discuss about the latest updates & news MCSG has brought to us, like Global Stat Reset, saying that trashtalking will never be punishable, all the miserable attempts to remove hackers.
The leaderboard reset was a suggestion, and they're gathering opinions on it. Read the post next time.

If you are offended by people saying "get rkt" "gg 10 hearts", you need to grow some thicker skin.

If you think you can do better at getting rid of hackers, record and report 'em yourself.

I will honestly throw my cat in the oven and cook it because I seriously think that this needs to be discussed.
You have issues and should probably go see a professional.

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
The leaderboard reset was a suggestion, and they're gathering opinions on it. Read the post next time.

If you are offended by people saying "get rkt" "gg 10 hearts", you need to grow some thicker skin.

If you think you can do better at getting rid of hackers, record and report 'em yourself.

You have issues and should probably go see a professional.
I don't get offended by trashtalking, but I know some people do, and it makes the community more hostile.

I also know that younger people may get very sad about it, and this is a form of cyberbullying, if you didn't realize.

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

I guess that is an issue that should definitely be acknowledged, people getting away with saying things like that, or basically meaning that it is ok if the insult isn't necessarily directed at anyone. I would propose that maybe the rules could be a little strict and not make any references like that, otherwise, we would have to "ignore" that sort of thing and try to move on. Hopefully this will be discussed about in future. :)

MCSG is very competitive and honestly I don't work 1 and a half year to 'screenshot your statistics and show it around in the forums as a signature'. You say it should be fun, good luck with that with all the teams, boosters, hackers, you name it.
Indeed, it would be best if we try to enjoy it, and I do agree with your point with the fact that there are people who just make the game worse for people. But it is our job as a community to continue trying to report rule-breakers that make the game worse. And as I said, we can't rid them all, it is a fantasy even I would dream to living in. But it is still our job to trying to do our best to catching those who make it worse for us.

Also, I don't mean to strictly propose people to show their statistics as a signature in the forums, despite of how easy it can be in a way, I don't necessarily say that people must do it. However, if the statistics mean a lot to some people, then there must be some form or way to showing them off without trying to get people to search you and your rankings in-games, or the leaderboards. From what I would infer, that good statistics would prove dominance and dignity. Otherwise a way to gain popularity, I don't know myself, so I apologize for it. But we must remember, that MCGamer isn't necessarily all about Survival Games. Yes, it may be the main aspect for the community, however there are plenty of different games around, and a ton more coming up for us soon. We must consider Creative, ZedChase, Team Fortress, and the Antvenom network games that are bound to come around soon. The statistic reset is so it provides a bigger opportunity for us all, and sometimes, it is good to try and propose the enjoyment of a game. Regardless of who the individual is, hacker, trash-talker, booster, teams. It is best to try to be optimistic about the situation. Maybe saying "It was a good game! Good job!" Or "Dang, you got me good, well done!". And yes, it may sound peculiar saying it to a hacker or a booster, but I think that we should not just blatantly show that we are frustrated at them. It is easy to get evidence without saying a thing. I do hope I haven't typed anything that offended you, or made you even more angry towards my sheer lack of knowledge of the MCGamer community, but it is my opinion, and I would love to stay in good terms with you. :)

Reactions: Wyz

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
I guess that is an issue that should definitely be acknowledged, people getting away with saying things like that, or basically meaning that it is ok if the insult isn't necessarily directed at anyone. I would propose that maybe the rules could be a little strict and not make any references like that, otherwise, we would have to "ignore" that sort of thing and try to move on. Hopefully this will be discussed about in future. :)

Indeed, it would be best if we try to enjoy it, and I do agree with your point with the fact that there are people who just make the game worse for people. But it is our job as a community to continue trying to report rule-breakers that make the game worse. And as I said, we can't rid them all, it is a fantasy even I would dream to living in. But it is still our job to trying to do our best to catching those who make it worse for us.

Also, I don't mean to strictly propose people to show their statistics as a signature in the forums, despite of how easy it can be in a way, I don't necessarily say that people must do it. However, if the statistics mean a lot to some people, then there must be some form or way to showing them off without trying to get people to search you and your rankings in-games, or the leaderboards. From what I would infer, that good statistics would prove dominance and dignity. Otherwise a way to gain popularity, I don't know myself, so I apologize for it. But we must remember, that MCGamer isn't necessarily all about Survival Games. Yes, it may be the main aspect for the community, however there are plenty of different games around, and a ton more coming up for us soon. We must consider Creative, ZedChase, Team Fortress, and the Antvenom network games that are bound to come around soon. The statistic reset is so it provides a bigger opportunity for us all, and sometimes, it is good to try and propose the enjoyment of a game. Regardless of who the individual is, hacker, trash-talker, booster, teams. It is best to try to be optimistic about the situation. Maybe saying "It was a good game! Good job!" Or "Dang, you got me good, well done!". And yes, it may sound peculiar saying it to a hacker or a booster, but I think that we should not just blatantly show that we are frustrated at them. It is easy to get evidence without saying a thing. I do hope I haven't typed anything that offended you, or made you even more angry towards my sheer lack of knowledge of the MCGamer community, but it is my opinion, and I would love to stay in good terms with you. :)
I'm honestly fed up of people telling me it's my job to report hackers, no, no it's not. It's my choice if I wish to report them or not in no way is it my job.

I don't believe the leaderboard reset is a bigger opportunity for all of us because simple I, and many others have wasted a lot of time on MCSG to get high amounts of wins. It doesn't take a week to get 2,500 wins, they're going to be reset. Set to 0. The stats will mean nothing, no one will care about a legacy leaderboard either. I don't play anywhere near the amount I used to when I wanted to get top, not even close and I do not want to do it again, what's the point? This reset is ridiculously unfair for us, I mean like "Yay we get legacy leaderboards"...No, only people who have quit would like that.

Don't worry about being on bad terms, I don't take offence and everyone has their own opinions and you're going the right way about it. People who I'd get on bad terms with are arrogant people like this:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci