• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is mcsg... dying? (Read BEFORE commenting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felipe

Platinum
Reaction score
MCSG, has been, and still is one of my favorite online, minecraft community. But is it slowly dying?

(please read through this read before claiming it is flame, thanks!)

Lets start off with the wonderful teamspeak. I've hopped on it on and then, but it just feels extremely empty. Most of the people online, is the amazing staff team, and a couple of active people. When I was applying for mod around this time last year, the teamspeak was packed with a bunch of other users. It was a very diverse place, and almost every channel had someone in it. Now, not so much. The entrance hall used to be a long list to scroll through. now its just another small channel. Not to mention the trolls that still lurk around the teamspeak. And I'm not trying to bash on the staff team, because it is a wonderful group of amazing loyal people, but they don't communicate with the regular players as much as they used to. They're either in their own custom channel, or up in big groups in mod chats. And a large sum of the active teamspeak users, are applying for mod, which means moderator chats are only going to get bigger.

Now I'm going to talk about the server itself, the server is getting smaller, and I'm pretty sure anyone that has been here for more than a year or two can tell. This server has gone from an active daily 9000-10000 users on, to a small 1000 to 2000, ever rarely 3000. And this is an observation not only made by me, but other staff members, and ex-staff members. It really pains me to see my favorite server slowly dropping in the amount of active users. And lets not forget the forums, the forums are also shrinking, scroll through the community corner and you see more Goodbye threads than Hello threads.

I don't know what could be causing this problem of this server shrinking, but I have a few guesses. What I think could be causing a shrinkage, is the public image of MCGamer. In my opinion, MCGamer's image, doesn't look very good. As people see the staff as corrupt, and open to anyone who tries. But this isn't true. And nothing is really being done to stop this way of thinking. One easy fix to this would be to try to calm down 'Mod Drama' before it gets bad. Another thing that I think leads to the shrinking of the server, is that Moderator is no longer a prestigious rank, its become almost a joke. And some bad apples make this an even worse problem.

I'm sorry that this seems like a negative thread, Because I could go on and on about how great MCGamer is, but this is something that needs to be discussed in our community. This community needs to see some changes. even though I have no power whatsoever to make changes happen, I wish a Sr. Staff member would see this and bring this up in a meeting. I really care for the future of this server. And I know I'm not the only one.

Thanks for reading this long thread, I would like for some staff members and other general members of this community to drop their opinions about this topic, I really want to see others opinion on this.

Thanks again!

TheOfficialAG

Diamond
Reaction score
MCSG, has been, and still is one of my favorite online, minecraft community. But is it slowly dying?

(please read through this read before claiming it is flame, thanks!)

Lets start off with the wonderful teamspeak. I've hopped on it on and then, but it just feels extremely empty. Most of the people online, is the amazing staff team, and a couple of active people. When I was applying for mod around this time last year, the teamspeak was packed with a bunch of other users. It was a very diverse place, and almost every channel had someone in it. Now, not so much. The entrance hall used to be a long list to scroll through. now its just another small channel. Not to mention the trolls that still lurk around the teamspeak. And I'm not trying to bash on the staff team, because it is a wonderful group of amazing loyal people, but they don't communicate with the regular players as much as they used to. They're either in their own custom channel, or up in big groups in mod chats. And a large sum of the active teamspeak users, are applying for mod, which means moderator chats are only going to get bigger.

Now I'm going to talk about the server itself, the server is getting smaller, and I'm pretty sure anyone that has been here for more than a year or two can tell. This server has gone from an active daily 9000-10000 users on, to a small 1000 to 2000, ever rarely 3000. And this is an observation not only made by me, but other staff members, and ex-staff members. It really pains me to see my favorite server slowly dropping in the amount of active users. And lets not forget the forums, the forums are also shrinking, scroll through the community corner and you see more Goodbye threads than Hello threads.

I don't know what could be causing this problem of this server shrinking, but I have a few guesses. What I think could be causing a shrinkage, is the public image of MCGamer. In my opinion, MCGamer's image, doesn't look very good. As people see the staff as corrupt, and open to anyone who tries. But this isn't true. And nothing is really being done to stop this way of thinking. One easy fix to this would be to try to calm down 'Mod Drama' before it gets bad. Another thing that I think leads to the shrinking of the server, is that Moderator is no longer a prestigious rank, its become almost a joke. And some bad apples make this an even worse problem.

I'm sorry that this seems like a negative thread, Because I could go on and on about how great MCGamer is, but this is something that needs to be discussed in our community. This community needs to see some changes. even though I have no power whatsoever to make changes happen, I wish a Sr. Staff member would see this and bring this up in a meeting. I really care for the future of this server. And I know I'm not the only one.

Thanks for reading this long thread, I would like for some staff members and other general members of this community to drop their opinions about this topic, I really want to see others opinion on this.

Thanks again!
Not dying stop making these pointless threads!

Bradyy_

Tribute
Reaction score
One word

Badlion
BadLion is growing in popularity, but I would not point fingers immediately and blame them. MCGamer server offers many unique playing experiences for players, but you have to keep in mind what is popular and trending in the Minecraft community. You do not have to copy game modes or types, but come up with unique and exciting ideas that accommodate the popular styles, which in return, brings in new/more players. MCGamer is already trying to do/doing this, but I think it could be done more and at a faster pace. :)

Jacksonbanan

Platinum
Reaction score
I fully agree on everything you stated here, the forums are not as good as they used to be, frankly, I stopped being active when the new forum update occurred. The administrative team accepts a lot of moderators, and I personally wish that they would be more stricter when it comes to accepting moderators, or change the way of becoming a moderator completely.

I am not indicating that all moderators are bad, don't get me wrong, I like the majority of the staff team.

I started to play on the server less when the Antvenom "collaboration" or whatever you want to call it, took place, obviously there is not too much to do about that now.

I might potentially quit Minecraft overall when the 1.9 update happens regardless, so all of these concerns might not apply to me anyway.

IceCarbonDiabloX

Experienced
Reaction score
the best part is that people are just now realizing, when me and a few others have known for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci