• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is MCSG going downhill?

Hystericallify

District 13
Reaction score
it is going downhill. Like everything it gets unpopular after a while, So I decided to move to TIMV and resign as moderator here :D
You and Northy was the reason I made this thread. After that discussion in the server, thought I would hear everyone's opinions.

Hyrulekid

Survivor
Reaction score
I personally am kind of inactive, because I don't have the... I don't know what it is, but I can't play more than 1-2 hours per day of MCSG, so I tend to play a mixture of TiMV, PA, nate's server and others. I'm still there, and I think this community is also still there, just hibernating, waiting for either bugs to vanish or holiday season.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
I wouldn't say it is going downhill, but more that it is driving along a very hilly road. It fluctuates from time to time, lie many things that happened to explode in popularity. of course it will never be able to hold onto the huge numbers of players it had early in the year that caused every server to fill immediately, but it will always have a strong enough following to stay strong.
When I read this, it feels like something I read for another server a long time ago...that server used to be extremely popular, but then it just...

...anyway, unlike the other server, the reason for a ton less users these days has nothing to do with losing popularity, not one bit. School is back, Minecraft updated to 1.4...only half the people will be here until the update, and about 2 thirds of the half of them are busy at school most of the day. Ever notice how many users are on on the weekends when we were on 1.3? School being back in since summer is over =/= losing popularity.

My opinion on the subject - no, these servers are not going downhill. Sure, there are things like the voting system that I don't particularly agree with, but you can't please everyone, and there is no such thing as "perfect". Any issues that occur in 1.4 will be smashed just like they were in 1.3. 1.4 should bring even less issues than 1.3 did anyway, by far. They didn't make such significant changes as last time. If you find yourself frustrated over any bugs that occur in 1.4, then just take a break for a little while. Quitting won't help, and it will all blow over.

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
All of us have our lives to live. And not in front of the computer. Mcsg is fun, but we can't spend the rest of our lives here.

We need money, love and other nice stuff to be happy!

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I have to say, I enjoyed things better when it first started back in April. Things change though. Too many community maps. I say you just remove voting altogether and use the element of the hungergames.....suprise!

Every server has it's rise and downfall, and heaps of bumps inbetween. In my minecraft life, I have played on 4 servers, around 5 months on each, and they said they would never go down. MCSG will do the same, once people find some new way to PVP in Minecraft. We will always have the core base that will try to play, but school,boredom and ragequitting will drop our player base greatly. Minecraft will gently go out of fashion and people will find a new game to play.

Just what happens on most popular servers. Sorry to make it sound harsh and stuff :p
These servers are great, and people who really are dedicated to them [like me]...won't be going anywhere :)

curefoot

Diamond
Reaction score
I hink it is what been said school in and people have lifes to live. MCSG will be here for a while. Just let the bugs get fixed.

Jetscat1

Survivor
Reaction score
There's a difference between Changing, and going Downhill, i'm sure we're not going downhill. As all the comments above stated, it's one of the most busy times of year. Holidays coming up, Getting into the groove of school, Work, ect. There's going to be a possibility of inactivity, and it'll be quite common, also keep in mind, many Users/Staff may have updated to 1.4, and are just waiting until the Servers update. Staff quitting also ties into inactivity, it's a busy time of year, We're doing a lot better then most Minecraft servers are. (When it comes to Staff).

By bad conditions, I could see were you came from with that. There's some possible adjustments with all the 'Anti Spam/Block/Lag' but this is going to happen, even if we have the option to change it. Before an Update, all plugins are going to go crazy, along with the Developer(s). The servers will 100% never crash and burn, as long as we stay as we're now. The server has such a big community, that it will never just die out. The servers will bring in new people everyday, and also take out people as well. This is just like any other server, just it's noticed more on MCSG, due to how large it is, and automation to it. Sorry if this was unclear, just woke up. "."

Charzard10

Tribute
Reaction score
I do not think that the servers are going downhill. As most people said, there is school right now and people can't sit at their computer all day. I think it will be a good, long while before MCSG goes out of style.

VebbiHD

District 13
Reaction score
There's a difference between Changing, and going Downhill, i'm sure we're not going downhill. As all the comments above stated, it's one of the most busy times of year. Holidays coming up, Getting into the groove of school, Work, ect. There's going to be a possibility of inactivity, and it'll be quite common, also keep in mind, many Users/Staff may have updated to 1.4, and are just waiting until the Servers update. Staff quitting also ties into inactivity, it's a busy time of year, We're doing a lot better then most Minecraft servers are. (When it comes to Staff).

By bad conditions, I could see were you came from with that. There's some possible adjustments with all the 'Anti Spam/Block/Lag' but this is going to happen, even if we have the option to change it. Before an Update, all plugins are going to go crazy, along with the Developer(s). The servers will 100% never crash and burn, as long as we stay as we're now. The server has such a big community, that it will never just die out. The servers will bring in new people everyday, and also take out people as well. This is just like any other server, just it's noticed more on MCSG, due to how large it is, and automation to it. Sorry if this was unclear, just woke up. "."
Thanks!

eshancowee

District 13
Reaction score
In my opinion, Yes, Very much so, I'm starting to see problems with the community staff and servers in general, And I think MCSG start to be going downhill, But who knows? Christmas in about 2 months, if MCSG can make it (I'm sure it will) then They wont be running out of a playerbase anytime soon. Just the community seems a bit...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci