• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is selling accounts against mojang rules?

Otto

Diamond
Reaction score
I'd happily buy your account for around $50 atleast mate ;)

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I don't see why it would be against the rules or how Mojang would find out anyway.

Elebits

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I've sold accounts on eBay before for a variety of games. It's against the rules for most of the games, but I honestly couldn't care less. Just be careful though, I've had people try to scam me in the past. Sometimes you'll get someone who takes all the items off the account and claims you took the items or they got hacked and they appeal for a refund. It's never worked since I had proof, but just be careful!

Always check their eBay rep too, if they only have 1-2 buys or just negative feedback, don't risk it.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Not illegal, but a large grey area and a major headache for Mojang (and one of the reasons they came out with a much more strict EULA. They just couldn't tackle this topic in particular). Heck, it's a headache for us too. Our community's policy of, "one user, one account" exists for simplicity's sake, because once you have an account that's been swapped around a group of kids like the flu, it becomes very hard to be confident in who owns what, and thus what actions can we do to help this person with an account that might not actually be theirs. And that's not mentioning the scams.

In general, it's a, "be careful what you pay for" measure. There's a reason no one wants to give warranties on used items, nor can the Support Team help out everyone with a second-hand account.

I'd happily buy your account for around $50 atleast mate ;)
Ill pm you
me too pls
General Rule #17:
17. You may not sell items for monetary value (such as Minecraft Accounts, In Game Ranks, or in game items) for any sort of personal gain on any of our platforms.
As such, please take your business offers and discussions off our platforms. That includes forum PM's (since it's still our forums). Skype is the most common place. Legal move so that we aren't held responsible or associated if a Private Party Purchase goes sour.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci