• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is Teaming Fair For Players Playing Solo?

Is Teaming Fair For The Others Playing Solo?

• Yes

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • No

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • To a certain extent

Votes: 11 39.3%

• Total voters

Mistress_Panda

Survivor
Reaction score
I agree with Vanicle.

A plugin could be added to where, you cannot drop items.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Ironic how no one, not even the mods, think teaming is fair to solo players.

I personally am fine with teams as long as they're fair. However, there's nothing more frustrating than dying to a team because they are so stacked. And since 1.8 is mostly about who has more armor anyway, they are much harder to kill.

But here's the problem: there's no discouraging teaming. People realize that nothing is stopping them from doing teams of 5 every game. And so they exploit this. They abuse it more and more until they run out of friends. Then they random team.

I'm thinking the most effective way of reducing teams is by affecting stats, but that'd be very hard to do in a fair way. It's too difficult to tell when someone is teaming for a plugin to do it. Any ideas??

Mistress_Panda

Survivor
Reaction score
This is a slightly weird idea btw..

When people choose an arena, they usually pop up into a circle full of other players. My idea is that when players are waiting for other people to join.. There could be a command.. But you can only use it when waiting for the game to fill up. Once the game is full and countdown begind, its a useless command.

/team username would be the command. Example..

I join a game, with my brother and sister.
One of us, lets say me. Has to type /team username..

/team JesseSkeletonMC, Jesse would get a team request & he could type /team Mistress_Panda. I then do, /team list. It shows a list of people on my team. Its me, & him. And one slot left. /team DinoBrooke. She gets a request and she accepts it. Once you are in a team, you cant leave. /team list, *Team is full*
This command would allow only 3 people to team.
- They are allowed to harm each other.
- They can drop items only to each other.
^^^
That is the main point of the command. If you dont have a team you cant drop items to people. But it can only be a team of 3.

plop
:3

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
Its not fair, but there is nothing you can do about it!

DE5T1NY

Platinum
Reaction score
I hate it how people say there is nothing you can do about teaming :/ Just implement solo and teams sg like on GommeHD and there'd be nothin to worry about. People say "Oh just get good and then you can kill teams" Well for the inexperienced players it can be hard to get good when you always die because of a team of 3 or 4 ;-;

AbyssMCSG

Tribute
Reaction score
The Survival Games is about doing whatever you can within the extent of the rules to win the game. It's not about being fair, it's about being competitive yet fun and intriguing at the same time. I personally find teams annoying, but it's all part of the game. Gotta take em down.
Ok, I'll try randy teaming every game now. Ty for the tip

AbyssMCSG

Tribute
Reaction score
This is a slightly weird idea btw..

When people choose an arena, they usually pop up into a circle full of other players. My idea is that when players are waiting for other people to join.. There could be a command.. But you can only use it when waiting for the game to fill up. Once the game is full and countdown begind, its a useless command.

/team username would be the command. Example..

I join a game, with my brother and sister.
One of us, lets say me. Has to type /team username..

/team JesseSkeletonMC, Jesse would get a team request & he could type /team Mistress_Panda. I then do, /team list. It shows a list of people on my team. Its me, & him. And one slot left. /team DinoBrooke. She gets a request and she accepts it. Once you are in a team, you cant leave. /team list, *Team is full*
This command would allow only 3 people to team.
- They are allowed to harm each other.
- They can drop items only to each other.
^^^
That is the main point of the command. If you dont have a team you cant drop items to people. But it can only be a team of 3.

plop
:3
For the teams of three part, what would happen is it was a clan battle?

Reaction score
Oh my god this has been made too many times and has been answered too many times >.>
Like srsly, how is teaming UNfair? It's just friends having fun together playing a common game. Are people still complaining about these pointless things?

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
I don't see why it's not fair. I mean, 1 vs. 2 isn't really even, but anyone has the ability to team with anyone that would like to team with them.

Reactions:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci