• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is the Apple Watch worth it.

YourAverageTiger

i control this entire operation
Reaction score
Apple is trying to recover from their lost war versus Google, Samsung, and other big companies. This isn't really helping.
Preach.

Anyhow, it really is about marketing and making more money. They make a watch basically the same as all their products and double its price. Money

They make a less advanced touch phone (iPod). Money

They make a phone with a large screen. Money

Also, Google Glass is not that different. Both are using strategic marketing methods to earn money. People see smart-glasses, they will buy it. They see a smart watch, they will buy it.

No difference, but we don't see it. As humans, we should look into the product more before we buy them, and not just fall for it at first glance.

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
Apple is trying to recover from their lost war versus Google, Samsung, and other big companies. This isn't really helping.
yes it is. they have sold more Apple watches on the first day of pre-order than all other smart wathes in the world in the last 5 years.

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
When iPhones came out I thought "wow this is so dumb, they already have iPod touches this is the exact same thing". Got one.
When iPads came out I thought "wow this is so dumb, this is just a bigger version of an iPhone". Got one.
When iPad minis came out I thought "this is just an in between size of an iPad and an iPhone... I don't need this..." Got one.
Now that the iWatch is out, is it worth it? No. Will I end up getting one because I'm a mainstream conformist? Probably.

You should let me know if you like it!
Ok I will. And like you said everything Apple makes is just the same product but a different size, yet I still need to buy all of them :)

YourAverageTiger

i control this entire operation
Reaction score
yes it is. they have sold more Apple watches on the first day of pre-order than all other smart wathes in the world in the last 5 years.
That may be because people want an Apple product. No matter which it is, they will buy it. I can safely say even though I had iPhones for my entire life, the Sony Xperia is amazing and way better than it.

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
If apple ever comes up with more creative names for their products, I might actually consider buying them. I just don't like how they either put i or apple in front of what the product is, and call it a name.

Seekr99

Platinum
Reaction score
There is going to be a newer version coming out soon after the release of this one.

Seekr99

Platinum
Reaction score
^ They did that with the iPhone 1, which left buyers upset

Seekr99

Platinum
Reaction score
They've always done this, it's part of their marketing plan.

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
That may be because people want an Apple product. No matter which it is, they will buy it. I can safely say even though I had iPhones for my entire life, the Sony Xperia is amazing and way better than it.
yes. like ive never wanted an smart watch. but now that apple has one i need it :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci