• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is the Apple Watch worth it.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
yes it is. they have sold more Apple watches on the first day of pre-order than all other smart wathes in the world in the last 5 years.
Says who? Apple. Besides that, how many smart watches have been made?!?! xD

TSGLuke

Platinum
Reaction score
I, personally do not think the Apple watch is worth it, I would consider getting the Moto 360 or Samsung gear watch if I was considering buying a smart watch, as it has a much cheaper price. With that being said, if you already have an Iphone, the Iwatch may be a more viable option only then, in my opinion.

UndeniableZombie

Experienced
Reaction score
I live next to apple and my mom worked at apple. While looking at the iWatch first hand, I can say it isn't a bad product, however there are many better smartwatches out there, and I'm being fully honest here - all smart watches are absolutely useless for anything other than for show. Just like many other products your paying for a brand and show, not quality. The iWatch is really wierd imo, and I like the googlenow watches better.

I'd suggest buying a phone like the OnePlus One (350$ for 64 GB off contract with great specs), your money would be better spent.
*apple watch lol

Exzone

District 13
Reaction score
Smartphones were good. Tablets were just smartphones with bigger screens and lack of cell coverage (in most cases), and now we have smart watches. Just no.
Totally agree with you :)

jtmboy

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't think it is worth it , many other brands provide the same thing for less

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Setting aside the extreme anti-Apple hate in this thread...
I think whether or not the Apple Watch is worth it really depends on the individual. I consider myself platform neutral for the most part - however, although I like Android and iOS equally, I tend to own mostly Apple/iOS devices, simply because the Apple ecosystem blends together so well.
Next, do you regularly wear a watch? If not, then you should really reconsider your need for a smartwatch. In my case, I do regularly wear a watch, so upgrading to a smartwatch is a natural transition for me.
That being said, yes, I preordered the Apple Watch, and I think it's worth it for me, given that it's the most feature-rich smartwatch I can use without switching to an Android phone.

In regards to the cost factor, the up-front cost may be higher, however from my experience it seems that Apple products always retain their value much better over time than non-Apple products, and they tend not to depreciate as much. This applies even more so if you have a first-generation product like the Apple Watch; if you were to buy a $300 AW now and keep it sealed, then sell it 5-10 years down the line as a rare collector's item, you could probably get upwards of $2,000 for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci