• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

It's Time for You to Step Down; an open letter to Chad

Do you think Chad should resign and sell the MCGamer Network?

• Yes - New Co-Owner (50/50 split)

• Yes - New Owner (Chad resigns fully)

• Yes - New owner, but Chad stays around (51/49 split or bigger)

• No - Chad stays here as it is

• No - New administration is needed

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
@Every Staff Member that rebutts this statement.

The community doesn't give two cents if an owner or staff members leaves.

WE CARE THAT THEY MAKE A POSITIVE CHANGE!!
We Care that our server is functioning properly.
We care the our demands our meet (or in general) on the time dates promised.
If the community hits up the staff team with, we need a new anti-cheat. We should receive it. Not in 12 months but in a few weeks.

like a teacher cares that your assignment is on time
+1 Perfect analogy. Chad is the student who never hands in his homework and has now run out of due date extensions

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Not to rain on the parade of some people, but I figured I might as well drop my two cents in here. Chad really isn't around all that much in the sense of the community, but when it comes to the big decisions that happen in Sr. Staff and Admin chat, he's there. Sure, not every second of the day, but he can usually be reached. It's really not fair that he gets roasted just because he hasn't logged on to the forums in awhile. Who's to say he hasn't been on the forums on an alt account and is simply completing various administrative work that way?

Preston417

Career
Reaction score
I mean, you made some fair points, but keep in mind; Chad built this network. I don't think it's in his heart to leave. Sure, he might not be active on the forums, etc. but I have seen him in staff channels in the past few weeks. He likely stays up to date with the administration at all times as that's really the core important part he needs to stay in tact with, and then the administration serves as him, just 'not' him. That's my personal view point at least.

– Preston

Last edited:

Lad

Quantum
Reaction score
okay so im not going to just write a essay in the forums im just going to say he might be inactive, but thats why he hires so much staff? to do his "job" you think steve jobs hand makes his products? no my point is probably not valid but still, he hires a reasonable amount of staff to moderate this server.

Dave

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Im not going to say to much because i like to stay out of all this how ever there comes a point when all the admins say talk to chad and he ignores you for the last 2 months its a bit stupid and before a mod says hes busy i have tried his phone, his slack, his skype and even asked admins to pass on the message not a word and its the same with some others and given im the owner of an official build team what i want to talk about is business not community stuff so going by what people said when i was flicking though he is "paying attention to the higher parts of running the place" is not fully true but thats all im putting in to this topic

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
Im not going to say to much because i like to stay out of all this how ever there comes a point when all the admins say talk to chad and he ignores you for the last 2 months its a bit stupid and before a mod says hes busy i have tried his phone, his slack, his skype and even asked admins to pass on the message not a word and its the same with some others and given im the owner of an official build team what i want to talk about is business not community stuff so going by what people said when i was flicking though he is "paying attention to the higher parts of running the place" is not fully true but thats all im putting in to this topic
Periods are a thing :kappa: thanks for your input though

Last edited:

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
Not to rain on the parade of some people, but I figured I might as well drop my two cents in here. Chad really isn't around all that much in the sense of the community, but when it comes to the big decisions that happen in Sr. Staff and Admin chat, he's there. Sure, not every second of the day, but he can usually be reached. It's really not fair that he gets roasted just because he hasn't logged on to the forums in awhile. Who's to say he hasn't been on the forums on an alt account and is simply completing various administrative work that way?
Perhaps what you're saying is true. Perhaps he is secretly being active without us knowing. But here's where I come back to one of my points: he isn't communicating with us as a community what is happening. Say he goes through a really busy season with his other job. An owner who communicates with his server would post a quick forum post saying "Hey, I love MCGamer but I've got to step back for a bit due to my IRL job, X admin will take over my job temporarily while I am on leave". There, the problem's solved, we understand it and get it and everything's fine. But if he doesn't tell us these things like Chad has the tendency to do? Then we've got a problem.
okay so im not going to just write a essay in the forums im just going to say he might be inactive, but thats why he hires so much staff? to do his "job" you think steve jobs hand makes his products? no my point is probably not valid but still, he hires a reasonable amount of staff to moderate this server.
Of course you're right, it's not like it's actually Chad's job to do these things, but the reality is that he is the CEO and founder of his business which makes him directly responsible for the mistakes and screwups that the server has come upon. If the developers fail to make an anti-cheat of high enough quality, sure you could say it's the developers fault. But at the end of the day, it is Chad's fault as the leader of the network for not making sure that things are of a high enough standard.

Last edited:

Fierce

Career
Reaction score
I totally agree with Jusser, but the staff are just going to play the whole "defenders of mcgamer" role and post on this thread ridiculing it. Props to Jusser for having the balls to make it.

J

District 13
Reaction score
Can I hear from Gecko because I find his opinions unbiased and fair.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci