• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

It's Time for You to Step Down; an open letter to Chad

Do you think Chad should resign and sell the MCGamer Network?

• Yes - New Co-Owner (50/50 split)

• Yes - New Owner (Chad resigns fully)

• Yes - New owner, but Chad stays around (51/49 split or bigger)

• No - Chad stays here as it is

• No - New administration is needed

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cardfan

Experienced
Reaction score
Well. I don't really know what to think.. I mean yeah, I agree that owners should be active and all, but maybe he's just trying to ride it out a bit? I think JustAhotdog said some rude things about MCG and MCC, and I think he's just trying to avoid more drama as it is.

Keep in mind, this is his server and he can do what he wants when he wants to do so. Just like everyone else said, he's here when they need him.

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
Well. I don't really know what to think.. I mean yeah, I agree that owners should be active and all, but maybe he's just trying to ride it out a bit? I think JustAhotdog said some rude things about MCG and MCC, and I think he's just trying to avoid more drama as it is.

Keep in mind, this is his server and he can do what he wants when he wants to do so. Just like everyone else said, he's here when they need him.
It is his server of course and things can stay the way they are and maybe be fine. If things are going to change for the better then something dramatic has to happen imo

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Anarchism follows a similar principle as this suggestion. "Woohoo idealism, uproot the establishment! Get those darn incompetent leaders out!"

Then what? Who's put in place? How will they be better than the fully effective staff team we already have that's been doing this for four years?

What you need is activity and willingness to cooperate, not a new kid on the block

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
Anarchism follows a similar principle as this suggestion. Woohoo idealism, uproot the establishment! Get those darn incompetent leaders out!

Then what?
Sounds like someone who didn't read the letter. I listed legitimate reasons as to why I personally think that Chad should step down in some form. Read the letter and try again

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Sounds like someone who didn't read the letter. I listed legitimate reasons as to why I personally think that Chad should step down in some form. Read the letter and try again
I was really just addressing the first point :p

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Alright, but honestly I'm not going to argue against the points made against me anymore since I'm just too drained. Too many people making me look stupid for me to want to try anymore since these threads never work anyways
Don't feel like you're being made to look stupid, it's an honest concern and it's good that you're voicing it. It's definitely well thought out, I personally just don't want to see Chad leave but new ownership wouldn't be a bad idea. Just from the standpoint of what I've seen I'd like to see him stay :D

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
Don't feel like you're being made to look stupid, it's an honest concern and it's good that you're voicing it. It's definitely well thought out, I personally just don't want to see Chad leave but new ownership wouldn't be a bad idea. Just from the standpoint of what I've seen I'd like to see him stay :D
He can stay around in a 50-50 position, which is one of the poll options I listed. I just think Chad by himself isn't able in his current situation to lead MCGamer effectively

EDIT: 4/5 of the options on the poll involve Chad still staying around, so why are people so worried that having a change would bring bad things?

FjRI || Catty

Career
Reaction score
I would say that it's mostly the developers have come under scrutiny lately, not really Chad. Maybe he is the problem... I'm not sure.
Personally, I honestly don't think many people are in a position where they know enough about the server to be able to suggest that Chad leave.
I think the biggest issue with the server or whatnot is the growing disinterest in the gameplay/ minecraft in general. Even if mcsg were to die (which, it will) I feel it'd be more due to the somewhat dull & repetitive gameplay.

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
I would say that it's mostly the developers have come under scrutiny lately, not really Chad. Maybe he is the problem... I'm not sure.
Personally, I honestly don't think many people are in a position where they know enough about the server to be able to suggest that Chad leave.
I think the biggest issue with the server or whatnot is the growing disinterest in the gameplay/ minecraft in general. Even if mcsg were to die (which, it will) I feel it'd be more due to the somewhat dull & repetitive gameplay.
Right, as I've said before a couple of times on other long responses (don't blame you for not reading them), Chad may not be directly responsible for individual mistakes. However, it IS his job to make sure the mistakes are less likely to happen again, which from what I can tell isn't happening. That is why I call upon Chad in such a dramatic way as I have

FjRI || Catty

Career
Reaction score
Right, as I've said before a couple of times on other long responses (don't blame you for not reading them), Chad may not be directly responsible for individual mistakes. However, it IS his job to make sure the mistakes are less likely to happen again, which from what I can tell isn't happening. That is why I call upon Chad in such a dramatic way as I have
Chad can't control the abusiveness in the community, hackers or winboosters etc. For AU in any case, those are probably the biggest issues.
Unless you see absolutely everything Chad does or doesn't do for the servers, I don't think you can really say that he should step down.
I'll reiterate once more, it's the developers that have been criticised lately. As a former competitive player, I know that many glitches are frustrating to play with. But the solution is simple- don't play.
I'm sure there's more to a server than fixing bugs and maintaining an active presence on the forums.
Not to mention, so many people are purely just sick of the gameplay. Same old maps being chosen, same people every game (on AU anyway) and inevitably dying to a hacker or try hard or whatever. It's just how it goes, and again, Chad can't really change that.

Last edited:

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
Chad can't control the abusiveness in the community, hackers or winboosters etc. For AU in any case, those are probably the biggest issues.
Unless you see absolutely everything Chad does or doesn't do for the servers, I don't think you can really say that he should step down.
I'll reiterate once more, it's the developers that have been criticised lately. As a former competitive player, I know that many glitches are frustrating to play. But the solution is simple- don't play.
I'm sure there's more to a server than fixing bugs and maintaining an active presence on the forums.
Not to mention, so many people are purely just sick of the gameplay. Same old maps being chosen, same people every game (on AU anyway) and inevitably dying to a hacker or try hard or whatever. It's just how it goes, and again, Chad can't really change that.
Alright, you're entitled to your opinion :^) I'm not going to argue your points any further as it'll lead to flame but I totally see your point. That is the point of this thread anyhow

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci