• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

It's Time for You to Step Down; an open letter to Chad

Do you think Chad should resign and sell the MCGamer Network?

• Yes - New Co-Owner (50/50 split)

• Yes - New Owner (Chad resigns fully)

• Yes - New owner, but Chad stays around (51/49 split or bigger)

• No - Chad stays here as it is

• No - New administration is needed

Results are only viewable after voting.

charliewolves

Career
Reaction score
I just want a better map system that allows community to decide on maps and remove maps that are out dated and underplayed
Tyranny of the Majority. The minority would just get crushed. This is completely unfair. For example, I like Origins and SG 3 Both of which the minority are big fans of, however, under the system suggested these maps would be removed (probably). This punishes the minority for liking certain maps. I think there should be a separate system for "popular" and "unpopular" maps. That way the minority doesn't get punished as heavily ;p

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
Tyranny of the Majority. The minority would just get crushed. This is completely unfair. For example, I like Origins and SG 3 Both of which the minority are big fans of, however, under the system suggested these maps would be removed (probably). This punishes the minority for liking certain maps. I think there should be a separate system for "popular" and "unpopular" maps. That way the minority doesn't get punished as heavily ;p
Little off topic, but I'll bite.
There's always people that like the random small maps... Doesnt mean they should stay. Sometimes when you grow you need to cut the excess, which means removing maps that aren't popular and don't play consistently with most maps.

Perhaps they could stay only in MCSG maker and be removed from the normal SG games. Is this possible Ava ?

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Interesting thread. I won't be commenting with my actual opinion, but I can address some of the statements both sides of the argument have made.

Look at the player count; where it used to peak at 10,000+, at launch 4 years ago; now the peaks are literally as big as the low times of before, with the low times now averaging around 300-350 players at best.
As far as I'm aware, MCGamer has never hit the 10,000 mark. Although we don't have statistics from before MCSG v2 (mid-February 2013) as the system that was in place before I was hired didn't keep track too well, the highest number of players we've ever hit since then is about 6,600.

Chad always keeps track of the servers. When a server goes down for any reason he's always the first to catch it and notify the devs.
The first thing to notify us is usually our monitoring system, which catches a lot of issues within seconds of them happening. From there, staff are usually our second source of notification, due to simple math: it's far more likely that one of our ~100 staff members will be online than it is that one of the developers (or Chad) will be online.

The competition has a system where players automatically get their donator ranks upon processing; it's all done by plugins and code. Would MCG think of doing something like that? Nope
Actually, we do have a system where premium members get their rank automatically upon processing, done entirely in code. It's not 100% perfect, and sometimes purchases will need manual processing, but for the vast majority of cases it works fine.

You have to remember, though, that MCGamer is not a business.
From a fundamental standpoint, this is incorrect, and it's something we've never tried to hide. MCGamer is a business at its core, because if it weren't, we wouldn't survive. Although MCGamer isn't made for profit, that doesn't make it any less of a business.

Decemberr

VIP (;
Reaction score
Hmm... I think I’ll just congratulate you on your spunk and thoroughness here.
Not many users take the time to create, what seems to be, a thread that’s actually been given a fair amount of thought (and kudos for using appropriate grammar and spelling).

I think I’ll abstain from responding my personal opinion, like Ava .
Though, I will say that I think Chad should definitely read this through with a completely open and impartial mind. :)

Let me just add this thread to the list of things that likely causes Chad’s hair to grey...

ImmaSlapYoFace

Platinum
Reaction score
5) Make CAmadeusA and Ava part owners and hire Rustywolf back as a developer. Rusty made the whole SG plugin so I don't know why he isn't dev today. Just my personal opinion
Sorry for necro but I still saw this thread relevant and it points out very good facts

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
5) Make CAmadeusA and Ava part owners and hire Rustywolf back as a developer. Rusty made the whole SG plugin so I don't know why he isn't dev today. Just my personal opinion
Sorry for necro but I still saw this thread relevant and it points out very good facts
Actually, the developer who made the majority of the MCSG v2 plugin back in 2013 (mooman219) is no longer with us, by his own choosing. Rusty was hired by me in April 2014, just as CAmadeusA was hired by me for the developer position in January 2016.

ImmaSlapYoFace

Platinum
Reaction score
Actually, the developer who made the majority of the MCSG v2 plugin back in 2013 (mooman219) is no longer with us, by his own choosing. Rusty was hired by me in April 2014, just as CAmadeusA was hired by me for the developer position in January 2016.
Oh really? I was talking to him on TS and he said he made the SG Plugin

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci