• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

It's Time for You to Step Down; an open letter to Chad

Do you think Chad should resign and sell the MCGamer Network?

• Yes - New Co-Owner (50/50 split)

• Yes - New Owner (Chad resigns fully)

• Yes - New owner, but Chad stays around (51/49 split or bigger)

• No - Chad stays here as it is

• No - New administration is needed

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
I read the letter point by point, but I'd rather not post on this subject since I don't want to post something that could falsely defame the staff team.

You're not wron with the risks part. If things go right you play safe if things go wrong you take risks is a saying you can apply to almost anything. However when you can it is best that you take calculated risks and it doesn't seem like you calculated all the cons to your idea. I'll give you a few:

1. How an you be certain that the new Owners would be "better" than our current Owner. For that you need statistics from the current Owner and possible future Owner which is almost impossible for you to obtain.

2. What would be the communities reaction? We can come up with as many theories as you want, but being able to consistently predict a communities reaction to certain situations is close to impossible. Since we can't really make a theory it would be based off of assumptions in which you never want to do as a CEO.

And the list goes on and on. Now don't get me wrong you have done a top notch job on the thread and it really shows that you've researched and spent time getting your facts instead of just babbling out words, but in my opinion, I do not believe this risk is calculated enough when there are safer risks that are still yet to be taken. Getting the Owner to resign by a mass demonstration (no matter how hard you try people will always take things too far) seems a bit to extreme to me.
Well 1. If someone has enough money and guts to buy MCGamer in the first place, then realistically you would probably be good enough for the job. Again, that would be Chad's decision ultimately, and my thread is about Chad doing what I believe to be the right thing for MCGamer and it's future.

2. I would have no idea what the reaction of the community would be ultimately, that's why this letter was public. Undoubtedly there will be people who would resist the change, but that comes with literally every change that every server has made in the past. Sometimes you really can't please everyone.

Last edited:

Lebron12

Quantum
Reaction score
If there isn't someone to call upon a change to be made then Badlion will completely ground SG into the dust. When SG2.0 comes out these servers are going to go RIP (except IP banned players) just because Badlion is run better, has open community feedback and imho has better policies.

If there isn't someone new to make big decisions which could make a huge impact I don't see these servers making it past this year without a huge struggle. Lets be honest Chad does not do as much as needed atm.

PS: IM NOT TRYING TO FLAME IM STATING THE SIMPLE AND OBVIOUS TRUTH.

Last edited:

Giggums

District 13
Reaction score
There are many points to make here, but here is a very important one that needs to be made. One of the major issues you saw was about the community. How his alleged absence has caused many situations to arise where we, as a staff team, are lost without his guidance. How things spiral into a mess, because he isn't here. How it reflects negatively and degrades our community. If one of the main reasons why someone would want Chad out of the picture or to share his Ownership position, they also need to consider how this would effect the community. These types of changes are a double edged sword at times.

From what I believe your mindset is, Chad either changes the current Ownership set up or we eventually fizzle out. It needs to be realized that there are actions that Chad makes that you don't see, I don't see, the Sr. Mods don't see, and the Admins don't see. While his activity on the forums may be sparse, it does not mean that he isn't well informed on the issues happening and isn't creating ways to counteract said issues.

In a way, you could see Chad as pioneer. He started something that not many have done before. If you think about it, big Minecraft servers like this and other networks are still relatively new. There is no playbook on how to run a successful one. No one has had the time to make a lasting business model for this. It's all still in an experimental stage. You discussed how MCGamer has done poorly to challenge what other servers have been bringing to a table. From my experience with MCGamer, the goal is not to be as good as the other servers. It's to offer a family friendly environment that can cater to every individual that could run through your head.

Don't get me wrong. I completely understand where you're coming from. I can't say that I have agreed with every action made here. It has it's issues. It needs ironing out. However, I strongly believe that a change in Ownership, especially such a drastic change like you believe would be best, would only cause more issues. For instance, many complain that the staff focuses on the wrong thing at the wrong time. Well, to those of you that support that though, know that if there was a change in leadership, that would be the main focus and other things probably would not get done.

Also, who is to say that any new leadership would be better? Who says that there is even any available? Relinquishing that power to someone else? They could do irreparable damage. They could drastically change the community that you say is in jeopardization.

Next month, MCGamer will experience its 4th year being operational. 4 years! That's crazy! Yes. It has had many ups and downs in bugs, amount of players, its staff, its community, etc.; however, please trust that if it has made it 4 years, it will not be a stretch of the imagination to make it 4 more. Put some faith into those that have managed to leave it afloat for this long. You've crafted a wonderful argument. One that I'm sure a significant portion of this community shares. Thank you for voicing it.

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
There are many points to make here, but here is a very important one that needs to be made. One of the major issues you saw was about the community. How his alleged absence has caused many situations to arise where we, as a staff team, are lost without his guidance. How things spiral into a mess, because he isn't here. How it reflects negatively and degrades our community. If one of the main reasons why someone would want Chad out of the picture or to share his Ownership position, they also need to consider how this would effect the community. These types of changes are a double edged sword at times.

From what I believe your mindset is, Chad either changes the current Ownership set up or we eventually fizzle out. It needs to be realized that there are actions that Chad makes that you don't see, I don't see, the Sr. Mods don't see, and the Admins don't see. While his activity on the forums may be sparse, it does not mean that he isn't well informed on the issues happening and isn't creating ways to counteract said issues.

In a way, you could see Chad as pioneer. He started something that not many have done before. If you think about it, big Minecraft servers like this and other networks are still relatively new. There is no playbook on how to run a successful one. No one has had the time to make a lasting business model for this. It's all still in an experimental stage. You discussed how MCGamer has done poorly to challenge what other servers have been bringing to a table. From my experience with MCGamer, the goal is not to be as good as the other servers. It's to offer a family friendly environment that can cater to every individual that could run through your head.

Don't get me wrong. I completely understand where you're coming from. I can't say that I have agreed with every action made here. It has it's issues. It needs ironing out. However, I strongly believe that a change in Ownership, especially such a drastic change like you believe would be best, would only cause more issues. For instance, many complain that the staff focuses on the wrong thing at the wrong time. Well, to those of you that support that though, know that if there was a change in leadership, that would be the main focus and other things probably would not get done.

Also, who is to say that any new leadership would be better? Who says that there is even any available? Relinquishing that power to someone else? They could do irreparable damage. They could drastically change the community that you say is in jeopardization.

Next month, MCGamer will experience its 4th year being operational. 4 years! That's crazy! Yes. It has had many ups and downs in bugs, amount of players, its staff, its community, etc.; however, please trust that if it has made it 4 years, it will not be a stretch of the imagination to make it 4 more. Put some faith into those that have managed to leave it afloat for this long. You've crafted a wonderful argument. One that I'm sure a significant portion of this community shares. Thank you for voicing it.
I don't agree at all with what you said, but that's OK! Thanks for thoughtfully commenting on the thread

Giggums

District 13
Reaction score
I don't agree at all with what you said, but that's OK! Thanks for thoughtfully commenting on the thread
Could you elaborate on why you disagree with the points I made?

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
You just literally proved his point. Get out of the thread if you're not going to add anything helpful
No. I'm saying we need new leadership because the community left because of staff. I'm literally not proving his point.

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
Could you elaborate on why you disagree with the points I made?
I'd rather not because I don't want this thread to end like 'all the others', but if you insist.
If one of the main reasons why someone would want Chad out of the picture or to share his Ownership position, they also need to consider how this would effect the community. These types of changes are a double edged sword at times.
Indeed it is, no change that has been worth it has been completely perfect. Here's the flaw with that: if we decide that we aren't going to pursue change because things 'might' go wrong, then we've already lost. The vision has been lost, your aspirations and goals go down the drain. This is just one idea that I feel will bring positive change to the community.

It needs to be realized that there are actions that Chad makes that you don't see, I don't see, the Sr. Mods don't see, and the Admins don't see. While his activity on the forums may be sparse, it does not mean that he isn't well informed on the issues happening and isn't creating ways to counteract said issues.
True, but he's still making too many mistakes. Just because someone does things in the background doesn't mean that their mistakes get written off because 'OH, he does things we dont see so those mistakes don't matter'.

In a way, you could see Chad as pioneer. He started something that not many have done before. If you think about it, big Minecraft servers like this and other networks are still relatively new. There is no playbook on how to run a successful one. No one has had the time to make a lasting business model for this. It's all still in an experimental stage.
Hypickle, Mineplex, GommeHD, Hive, Badlion... I could go on. There are lots of successful servers with real business models that are proven to work. Unfortunately they tend to go down the freemium model that has proven to work VERY effectively on mobile devices, but it's still a proven model nonetheless.

You discussed how MCGamer has done poorly to challenge what other servers have been bringing to a table. From my experience with MCGamer, the goal is not to be as good as the other servers. It's to offer a family friendly environment that can cater to every individual that could run through your head.
See, I don't agree this is a good mindset to have because the community is completely competitive now. Look at all the representative youtubers and streamers and name ONE that is 'family friendly' and I will change my mind. I dare you.

Valid point, legal work and behind-the-scenes business transfers do take up more time indeed and it's something that should be considered. Once sorted though then the issues will be resolved at a much more rapid pace IMO

I say any of the administrators of any of the most popular servers would be capable enough. If Chad were to announce that he would sell, I'm sure there would be more people than you think that would be willing to at least make an offer.

That's a logical fallacy; something's worked before, so it's obviously going to work now. The thing is, the MCGamer community (and loosely Minecraft as a whole) has become more of a competitive community who plays for the PVP instead of 4 years ago, where the focus was to replicate the Hunger Games books as closely as possible. The gameplay and community are completely different than what it used to be, so I don't honestly think that it would continue to be successful. I don't want to see MCG suffer the same fate as Multicube and be forced to shut down due to lack of funds; this is what I see as a preventative measure.

Also,
Perhaps Chad was a great owner in the past, but he's made it clear that he doesn't want to be here anymore. So why is he? It's time for Chad to do what he should have done a long time ago: sell MCGamer and move on. I believe that if Chad were to sell MCGamer, it would be a positive change. Thousands of players who had since 'abandoned' the server would easily come back when they see that significant changes are being made.

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
All I want to say is, MCGamer's peak players has been around 4000, not 10000. ;p

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
All I want to say is, MCGamer's peak players has been around 4000, not 10000. ;p
Hey Diar, sorry if I wasn't as clear as I had hoped. I was trying to say that when the server launched 4 years ago, the peaks were around 10k if I am not mistaken. If someone has a number/screenshot to prove me wrong I'd gladly be proven wrong. I'll try to edit the post to make it more clear

TotalDramaTony

District 13
Reaction score
Hello everyone. as a former Sr. Staff member, hopefully I can give you all some insight.

Chad is the owner, and like owners of large companies do, they distribute powers to someone that will be right below them, for Chad, he gives a lot of power to the admins. Chad could not possibly manage this entire network and each aspect of it including the staff and devs, so he assigns roles and gives authority to more people. For a lot of decisions for the network, Chad is not even needed. The admins can do a LOT on their own and so they do not need Chad in the first place.

In saying Chad is not around that much, it is true for the community, he does not appear in the community very often, however, he is around to a degree for the upper staff. Issues with servers, communication between the Admins and Devs, he is around for, but he can not be consistently around on the lower levels at all times, that's impossible for anyone unless they can dedicate 24 hours a day to the server.

However, there are still issues. Chad may not be needed for everything and the admins may be able to do a lot on their own, but he is needed for some things. However, he is not always available for everything, so the idea of a new owner would not be a terrible, but not necessarily needed.

Overall, having a second owner or a new owner would not be a bad idea, having someone to be around more who can do what Chad does, but really, that's not necessary. The network does not need him to manage much other than the big picture stuff. There is a LOT the community will never see that Chad does, he works on high level things that the Sr. Mod team barely know about let alone the community, so to say he does nothing or is not around is false. To say he is not around on the forums much or on TeamSpeak talking to the community, that is true, but fact of the matter is, it's not necessary, he isn't needed and he puts that time into something else.

All in all, Chad does do things that the community does not see and will never be able to truly appreciate, like paying for the servers, getting licences, making sure people get their donors, it's the behind the scenes things. Granted, he is not around in places that the mods, community or Sr. Mod team see very often, but he is around. In my opinion, a new owner would be cool, but unnecessary, I think a better answer would be a new local admin. Someone like Col. Star who can keep up with Chad directly and keep up with even more aspects of the community. Col. Star is basically what the community would like Chad to be, but thing is he can never be. Col was not responsible for some of the things Chad was, so he has different responsibilities instead such as helping manage the community and overseeing staff affairs, something Chad does not do, but has invested that power into the current admins.

In conclusion, a new local admin would be the best addition for this community and could help a lot of the issues that people tend to blame on Chad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci