• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

It's time to talk about the Rules...

Are the rules fair?

• Yes

Votes: 3,083 96.6%
  • No

Votes: 110 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

njm

Spectator
Reaction score
i agree to all the rules but why do u have to be 18 to be a mod just because ur 18 doesnt gaurente u have anymore (sry dont know how to spell this) machority i think it should be lovered to around 15 or 16

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
i agree to all the rules but why do u have to be 18 to be a mod just because ur 18 doesnt gaurente u have anymore (sry dont know how to spell this) machority i think it should be lovered to around 15 or 16
Maturity*
There are multiple Moderators under the age of 18. The youngest I believe is 15. (I may be off by a year.) I am 15 myself and I applied to be a moderator. I guess the age prerequisite is just to make sure Karoleigh does not get a ton of emails from people around the ages of 11 or 12. (This is minecraft, a game for all ages.)

Reaction score
I am sorry, I don't want to sound like an ass, but if you're talking about yourself being a mod, regardless of your age I couldn't take you seriously with that spelling/grammar/typing :( In majority of cases 18+ will have more maturity than younger counterparts and also more life experience and often more free time (no school, homework, bedtimes etc in most cases). Yes there are some people (I know a few) under 18 could do a Mod duty, but these are few and far between and I think rules could be bent for them.

Reaction score
Your Name: Sven Bosma
Your Age: 21
Your Minecraft Username: samhunter911
Your Forum Username (if different): Sam Hunter
Past Administration or Moderating Experiences: I am the leader of a 1-year old Clan with 50 Members and 80+ Visitors/day. Link
What examples of situations will you use /kick?: Kicking is an option to show players, that they don't act like they should to. To remind them, not to do this i.e. Spamming, offensive language,... i'll use kick.
What examples of situations will you use /ban?: If kick didn't helped after few times to the same user, it's time to temp-ban a user. Also Bans are used for very extreme offensive language and radical spamming for virus/trojan-pages,...
How much time a week are you willing to donate to help moderate our forums and servers?: I am willing to moderate the Boards 30mins/day. At the weekend smth. more
Where are you located? (Time Zone): I am located in Germany, CEST

Also, it will be a great idea, to split the forum for a german community, too. I am looking forward to help, if u are going to start German Forums.

I, Sam Hunter, accept the responsibilities by donating my own time by watching over MCSG Community and agree that any mistake or action not approved by the administration could result in permeant ban or removal from the website.
You're meant to e-mail that to the address in the first post.

UltimaGW

Spectator
Reaction score
...I'm offended by the fact that you have to be 18 to be a mod. That's totally unfair...

UltimaGW

Spectator
Reaction score
In what way are you offended?
I'm 16, and I really don't see why the rule is in place. I mean, I can understand not wanting someone who is very immature, but it's not like EVERYONE under 18 is like that. In fact, most of the people like that are under 13, not 18.

Maklegend

Tribute
Reaction score
so how do you start a new thread? I was just hoping someone knew the answers to the following questions (not to sound like a whiner, just curious)
1.- When will the 120 servers be up?
2.- When will the 'kicking after game is over' be resolved?
Thats pretty much it. Thanks guys if you can help!

Reaction score
so how do you start a new thread? I was just hoping someone knew the answers to the following questions (not to sound like a whiner, just curious)
1.- When will the 120 servers be up?
2.- When will the 'kicking after game is over' be resolved?
Thats pretty much it. Thanks guys if you can help!
You go to a forum section, scroll to bottom and click "Post New Thread"

To the 16 year old; It isn't that offensive, I'm sure a lot of big forums go by the same rules. Yes they aren't all like that, but the majority is, yes some over 18 could be like that, but there's processes to prevent that. Wheat and Chaff and all that..

And Sam Hunter, you're meant to e-mail the application.

Xephos1239

Spectator
Reaction score
Chad i would love to be a moderator, im Xephos1239, i think i could really help out the server.I completely understand the rules, please awnser back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci