• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

It's time to talk about the Rules...

Are the rules fair?

• Yes

Votes: 3,083 96.6%
  • No

Votes: 110 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

greatestdan

Spectator
Reaction score
Hey sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this or if it has been answered (I am certain other "can I use the mods ..." have been asked and answered, but I haven't looked through)
I have played modded minecraft forever, starting when I joined the game and discovered technic pack but soon I found how to add mods to the game myself. I have a list of mods that I am wondering if they would be allowed. Note, I am trying to stretch it as far as I can, some mods I can't play without, others are just convenient.

1. Inventory tweaks. by default, simply sort your inventory. With settings you can add custom sorting (certain tools/items in certain slots. like sword in slot 1, pick in slot 2, etc.) and the sorting is with a single button click. You can also have settings to auto equip armor. I am sure that this mod may be against the "spirit" of the pure survival aspect, but some parts may be against the rules. I am pretty sure the auto armor would not be allowed. I want to know what I could have from this mod to still keep it legal. the most I could see as an advantage is taking a weapon from a chest then instantly putting it in my hand, but you could do that yourself if you are fast enough. Inventory Tweaks is mostly useful for when you die and pick up all of your stuff at once, not like that will happen much. I could set a personal rule of no sorting unless I am in a safe area.

2. Better Sprinting. This mod simply adds 2 new controls. 1 is a new way to sprint (I always like to sprint with the control key, it is more convenient) and another is a button you can click to toggle sprinting. I could turn off the toggle sprinting if that would be a problem but the control to sprint is just more convenient for me (and fixes some buggyness with smp sprinting)

3. Optifine. I know you already said graphical mods are fine, but I am wondering about the zoom feature of optifine. that is all.

4. Dynamic Lights. I am not sure if this would come in handy in any way with survival games, but it may have its occasional use. like burning mobs providing light, and maybe held/dropped torches lighting the way (since you obviously can't place blocks) There is a config (so I could, for example, set all swords to emit light as bright as a torch) but I would keep it default (except maybe changing the on/off key)

SOme of these may give a sort of "advantage" but it is not a true combat/survival advantage. If you have any disagreements with the mods I use I will immediately remove them. I want to play and have fun so I don't want to get banned. just, like I said. Some of these mods are very convenient for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci