• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Staff iVelocityGaming's Resignation Letter - "That's all folks!"

Niall

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
That’s all folks! My time as a MCGamer Staff Member has come to a conclusion. Did I ever expect it to come to me resigning by choice? No, I never thought I would choose to resign when I first got Moderator, even up to 1 month ago. This has been an extremely hard decision to make, but I know for the long run, it is the right decision. This experience has been extremely rewarding and I have learnt so much from it which I am ever so grateful for. Though all great things must eventually come to an end. This resignation letter is broken up into different sections for the reader. So if you really don’t care about all the cliche things I will say in this letter, then feel free to skip sections.

How I Got Here

Ok, so, where do I begin? Around August time in 2013, I became interested in becoming a Moderator at MCGamer. Though, unfortunately at the time with the 15 year old age requirement, I was too long to apply normally and I actually would be still young to apply now under them terms. So for about 3 months or so after that, I was ‘on and off’ about wanting to become a staff member and didn’t take the applying very seriously and therefore during that time got denied in my first age exception application. I remember setting a reminder on my laptop to remind me on the day I could reapply as this time I wanted to become a staff member badly. I wanted to become a figure in the community that people would look up to and I was eager to take on a leadership position as in my life I have always been in high leadership positions of some description. Then on my second age exception application, I reached the interview stage of my application to only have the age limit dropped to 14 when I was in that stage and therefore I reapplied normally. My application went quickly through the stages with positive feedback from my application. During waiting for my interview, I met some of the most amazing people who are featured in my ‘thank yous’ below. The people I met encouraged me even more and I was determined to become a moderator. So after waiting for about a week for sometimes even up to 12 hours a day at least 2 times a week, I finally got my interview. I was interviewed by Shelby (LadyOfLove), Chandelle (ChandelleMC) and AquaTechMC and passed my interview and successfully became a MCGamer Moderator on June the 8th 2014. I was ecstatic!

I then started to perform my moderator duties as everyone does, but I then I realised that I needed a goal. I like to set myself goals and improve myself whenever possible, so I decided to set myself the goal of becoming a Senior Moderator. Now, I did not solely become a staff member to become a Senior Staff member, nor did I perform my moderator duties to become a Senior Staff member. This was just an ambition I had and one that I worked towards, but did not work for. I got involved in community events such as the CFG and CEP and I enjoyed these thoroughly, as well as building the current Survival Games lobby with Nick (KitMencha) and others. Then I, on the 5th of October 2014, became a Trial Senior Moderator. I was surprised and honored to be able to have this position and I later passed my Trial. Oh, when you are a moderator you are so blind to the drama that goes on. That was probably the biggest thing that shocked me to find that not everyone in the staff team was how I thought they were. I discovered negative sides to the staff team, but above all, I got to appreciate the staff team even more for how amazing they are. I’m proud of what I have achieved here, I have:

• became most likely the youngest senior staff member ever, which is something that I’m extremely proud of.
  • became a senior staff member within only 4 months of being a staff member.
So that pretty much leads me to where we are now.

Why I’m Resigning

No, I’m not resigning because I was forced to, no I’m not resigning as I dislike the staff team and no I’m not resigning because I am being forced to. This current and past staff team that I have involved with are absolutely amazing! They are amazing people and people that I have loved spending time with. I have to resign though because I am not achieving the results I like at school. I have achieved a majority of As (As are the highest grade in my school), but not predominantly in my recent reports. I have the potential to do much better at school and achieve straight As like previously, but unfortunately, being a staff member, and Minecraft in general, is a commitment and barrier in the way of me achieving this as I can simply not manage both of these priorities. To future applicants, before applying, please ensure you have enough time to dedicate and make sure you know your priorities before applying. School comes first. Another reason why I’m resigning, but not the main reason, is because I do not feel that I have enough time to commit to perform this role to the best of my ability. I’m a perfectionist of sorts and I strive to do that, but I simply cannot in my circumstances.

Where to now?

Now, I need to concentrate on my school work. When school starts again that is my number one priority. I will rarely play Minecraft anymore, for a while now, I have no longer enjoyed the game after playing it for 4 years now. The possibility of me coming back in the future is slim, but if I came back, I would have to be sure I could handle the task of being a staff member. I will be present every now and then on the TeamSpeak as well as the forums and rarely in game. I will be playing CS:GO occasionally with my friends and my Steam account is below. If you ever want to contact me, feel free to do so through the following contacts.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ivelocitygaming

Twitter: https://twitter.com/iVelocityGaming

Thank You’s

@TheWholeStaffTeam - Every single one of you work so hard and are absolutely amazing people. Thank you for everything you do and I truly admire your work! :)

@TheSeniorStaffTeam - You guys hold this network together and do the most amazing job. Good luck with your future here at MCGamer and elsewhere!

KitMencha - Dad, thank you. You have done so much for me while I have been a staff member and one of my closest friends on the staff team. Words can’t express how appreciative I am of you and you are a credit to this staff team. I have enjoyed every second around you and I will make sure we stay in touch. :)

Sheldor - You are extremely fun to be around and a hard worker. I have enjoyed being around you are just having casual chats and I will make sure we talk soon.

Bowser52000 - We really do need to catch up sometime. You are also a fun person to be around and a great friend. You are always full of energy and a ray of sunshine that will never stop glowing.

ChandelleMC - Thank you for being so friendly and energetic.

C0nsole - You probably won’t see this, but you are an amazing person and I enjoyed every second being around you on the staff team.

Vanicle, ViolentKitten, @kjh, Nephilim - Good luck with your trials and I wish you the best of luck!

OhFancy - Perth bae, we need to catch up some time IRL.

AnomalousDyna - Love you long time. Talk to you soon. :)

Chelsea19 - “I personally said no to Chelsea being moved up.” I can have a conversation to you about pretty much anything.

@Keno | TheNightRise - Top bloke. (I still beat you in PvP, just in case you forgot.)

ChadTheDJ - Pretty self explanatory, but thank you for all the work you have done and continue to do. :)

@[email protected] - I will miss you.

@TeamSpeak - Meh, not bad.

@Slack - Skype is jealous, just in case you didn’t know.

@EveyoneThatIHaveMissed - You know who you are. Thank you so much for making my experience what it was! :) Don’t feel upset if I didn’t include you as I probably just forgot, you mean so much to me.

Last edited:

Pearlyyy

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Thank you for your service to the community :) You will not be forgotten and good luck on future endeavors!

soggypickle

District 13
Reaction score
I was not expecting that at all, wow. You were a great Sr. Mod, and we thank you for your service. Best of luck at school!

Freshly

District 13
Reaction score
Good luck with your future, thank you for your service in the staff team <3

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
You were a great Sr. Mod and I've seen so much dedication in you for helping the community. You will always remain in our memories, never forgotten. I wish you well in your studies, go get em straight A's! ;)

ArgaJones

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Thanks for being a great friend and an all around amazing person. i hope we can keep in touch <3

Matt0808

Career
Reaction score
I didn't really get to meet you much but I wish you luck in all your future endeavours! :p

Chelsea19

Survivor
Reaction score
I really didn't expect this to happen! You were an amazing staff member, and you are an amazing friend! Hopefully we'll still stay friends and talk! :) I wish you the best of luck for your future and wherever it may take it! :)

J

Jojo

:(

Extremely sad to see you resigning! :(
Anyways, thank you so much for your work and time, spent for the servers!!
I wish you the best for your future! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci