• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Katy's Resignation Letter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Writer

Career
Reaction score
So, here I go.

Approximately 260 days, otherwise 37 weeks or 6240 hours since I was given the blood donor. And now it is my time to step down. My time to move on, and resign from my position as moderator.

I will not ramble on about specific details and reasons about my resignation, but I will leave you with simple and straightforward ones.

I’m a 16 year old teenager girl, and my life at the moment is pretty busy. With all my target grades either being an A or the majority A*, I really want to achieve this so that I can get into the sixth form I have been dreaming to go to for several years. School work is generally taking over my moderation time.

With my hobbies of art, tennis and other interests of backstage theatre work, I find I am taking more frequent leave of absences. I thoroughly enjoy these periods of time knowing I don’t have to worry about not being active as a moderator, and I just feel sometimes that those times where I am away, it could be like that all the time. I love spending time with my friends, going out and having fun, and I am just pretty tired of sitting cooped up in my studio on my computer, waiting for someone to poke me for a hacker, or asking for me to ban people in channel who are being disrespectful.

Now, being a girl on the internet has its highs, but some of the abuse I am given is unacceptable. I love some of the posts on my wall, the cheesy pick up lines, or compliments, I find it cute, and sometimes it makes my day but for example on Teamspeak, it really pulls me down. The comments I receive are often vulgar, and disrespectful. Calling me a catfish, or asking for inappropriate photos and rumours of me that people choose to believe that are clearly not true. But within gaming communities, we girls stand out, and I just find it tiring sometimes. You may say “Oh just ban them”, yes, but they never stop.

I have made some fantastic friends while being moderator, ones who will hopefully stay with me for a long time, but many have either resigned themselves or quit Minecraft completely, and now I understand what position they would have been that I’m in now. Now the majority have moved on, I do not find myself playing Minecraft anymore, I play now and then, but I have become closer to other gaming platforms.

I certainly did not want moderator to achieve Senior Moderator, I would have most likely declined the offer if I was ever considered. Nor that I felt I was never appreciated, in my opinion the staff team is great and like a big family and always sent messages that made you feel good about yourselves.

Unfortunately, I am not going to do a tag list of all the people who I looked up to, or who I feel need mentioning because I am not leaving, just stepping down. Although, I would like to say a general thank you to everyone and anyone who ever helped me, or appreciated me as a moderator. I loved helping all of you, no matter how big or small the job was.

Thanks again, peace out.

Moose

Platinum
Reaction score
;-;

I never really got to talk to you much, I wish we did, but I guess it didn't really happen.

I wish you the best of luck in the future, and hope that you can come pop on the Teamspeak every once and a while. <3

powdski

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
So, here I go.

Approximately 260 days, otherwise 37 weeks or 6240 hours since I was given the blood donor. And now it is my time to step down. My time to move on, and resign from my position as moderator.

I will not ramble on about specific details and reasons about my resignation, but I will leave you with simple and straightforward ones.

I’m a 16 year old teenager girl, and my life at the moment is pretty busy. With all my target grades either being an A or the majority A*, I really want to achieve this so that I can get into the sixth form I have been dreaming to go to for several years. School work is generally taking over my moderation time.

With my hobbies of art, tennis and other interests of backstage theatre work, I find I am taking more frequent leave of absences. I thoroughly enjoy these periods of time knowing I don’t have to worry about not being active as a moderator, and I just feel sometimes that those times where I am away, it could be like that all the time. I love spending time with my friends, going out and having fun, and I am just pretty tired of sitting cooped up in my studio on my computer, waiting for someone to poke me for a hacker, or asking for me to ban people in channel who are being disrespectful.

Now, being a girl on the internet has its highs, but some of the abuse I am given is unacceptable. I love some of the posts on my wall, the cheesy pick up lines, or compliments, I find it cute, and sometimes it makes my day but for example on Teamspeak, it really pulls me down. The comments I receive are often vulgar, and disrespectful. Calling me a catfish, or asking for inappropriate photos and rumours of me that people choose to believe that are clearly not true. But within gaming communities, we girls stand out, and I just find it tiring sometimes. You may say “Oh just ban them”, yes, but they never stop.

I have made some fantastic friends while being moderator, ones who will hopefully stay with me for a long time, but many have either resigned themselves or quit Minecraft completely, and now I understand what position they would have been that I’m in now. Now the majority have moved on, I do not find myself playing Minecraft anymore, I play now and then, but I have become closer to other gaming platforms.

I certainly did not want moderator to achieve Senior Moderator, I would have most likely declined the offer if I was ever considered. Nor that I felt I was never appreciated, in my opinion the staff team is great and like a big family and always sent messages that made you feel good about yourselves.

Unfortunately, I am not going to do a tag list of all the people who I looked up to, or who I feel need mentioning because I am not leaving, just stepping down. Although, I would like to say a general thank you to everyone and anyone who ever helped me, or appreciated me as a moderator. I loved helping all of you, no matter how big or small the job was.

Thanks again, peace out.
Sad to see you resign; hopefully the Mcgamer community might see you casually.

Reaction score
Awh cya katy ! ;-; It was great knowing you :D We've had some great chats together and we both met from RedForest I will miss you *as a mod* ! :D

Last edited:

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Awh cya katy ! ;-; It was great knowing you :D We've had some great chats together and we both met from RedForest I will miss you ! :D
Refer here:
I am not leaving, just stepping down.

Geez, Katy! I spoke to you like two hours ago, and you didn't mention this? :C
I'll be seeing you around, I guess. :) It's good to hear that you're getting out more, rather than staying inside like the hermit that you're not meant to be.

pce, gurl.

Reaction score
Refer here:

Geez, Katy! I spoke to you like two hours ago, and you didn't mention this? :C
I'll be seeing you around, I guess. :) It's good to hear that you're getting out more, rather than staying inside like the hermit that you're not meant to be.

pce, gurl.
I ment as a mod ;P
Edit: I see the confusion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci