• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Killing teams before they get stuff.

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
You are just bugging us with "You can't kill teams" and "Thay are impossible to beat" etc.
But... Are you really good at PvP? Every skilled player can just killa team of 3 or even more. Just because YOU can't kill them.

Barldonkulous

Spectator
Reaction score
You are just bugging us with "You can't kill teams" and "Thay are impossible to beat" etc.
But... Are you really good at PvP? Every skilled player can just killa team of 3 or even more. Just because YOU can't kill them.
Look, i'm not going to lie to you. I'm not Really good at PvP. I'm not that skilled. But i'm decent, and if you are equally skilled with the team when they have 3x the amount of people than you, it's pretty hard. But i seriously didn't mean to even give that message to people. I just wanted to say it's hard and put that out there. I was asking a question.

XxGagaxX

District 13
Reaction score
Even I can kill a team of three and I'm not that great.
I normally bow someone say.. twice, hit the other dude a few time and rod the last dude. I then hit all three of them making sure none of them get to close.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Just wait out until somebody attacks them and then finish off the remains, it almost never fails unless for some odd reason they decide that you're the priority target.

Barldonkulous

Spectator
Reaction score
Even I can kill a team of three and I'm not that great.
I normally bow someone say.. twice, hit the other dude a few time and rod the last dude. I then hit all three of them making sure none of them get to close.
I can do that at the sart, but by the end, when everyone (Most of the time anyway) has good stuff, it get's hard.

Nadarekyle

Career
Reaction score
Well, as far as fighting against teams, there are some great topics in the Strategy section of the forums, but here are my specific tactics.

Well first off, with teams, you should analyze them. To do this, you can get a look at the team from a distance (I recommend Optifine for this) and check 'em out. First, figure out which one is the priority target, based on his weapon and armor. Next, get the names of the players and type /records playername. If that person has a couple hundred wins, and his teammate has the good items but no wins, I've found that the lesser armored player with lots of skill will still do infinitely more damage. Of course, this is a matter of personal choice, and there are variables to juggle, but yeah, pick a target.

Next, your approach depends on whether you are good at PvP (as in sword combat).

If you're good at PvP (as in sword combat): Wait until their backs are turned and then rush in and sword your target in the back as many times as possible before he realizes what's going on and fights for his pathetic, teaming life. If they are a skype team, his teammate (who you will remember is not weak from being sworded) will begin to fight you as well. This is the part where you're getting gangbanged. Begin block hitting (pressing right and left mouse keys at once) this is despicable, but against a team (which is on morally shaky ground if block hitting is) it is crucial. Keep attacking your target until he is dead. Let his stuff defy physics and hop into your inventory and run away for awhile. Possibly jump in some water and rod the other guy away. Once you feel you have sufficient health, treat this like a 1 on 1 fight.

If you're bad at swords, but good at bows: This is where we get to have some fun. Shoot from a distance (preferably high ground that is hard to scale but easy to descend) at your target (Or the easiest shot. You've got a bow, you do what you want.). Hopefully, your target will think he is being betrayed. This won't work against skype teams, but it's ideal. He will attack his teammate, who is now preoccupied with trying to find the sniper, and someone will die. Chortle at your brilliant handiwork and move on. Assuming the more realistic idea that they will notice you, hop on over. On level ground, try bow-ing them a couple more times before they reach you. If you have a flint and steel, use it. They will set themselves on fire. If this happens, they'll likely panic and separate, trying to find water. Since they're on fire, you will be able to catch up quickly. Also, they won't be able to chase you. It's a good running-away tactic. Basically, make use of secondary weapons and attack with your sword while they're disoriented.

If you're bad at every single kind of PvP...practice! Figure out a weapon or strategy that works for you! Use tactics to excess and play it safe. Learn the maps, knock people off high things, take them by surprise and ambush them. Find lots of stuff and use sheer power-of-gear to overwhelm people. Wait for other people to finish fighting and just kill the survivor. This is basically the strategy I use, since I'm laggy and awful at head-on combat. :p

Anyway, I just realized I wrote a textbook 5-paragraph essay on "Dealing with teams", so, I hope this is of use to you! If not, read it again. o_O

TL;DR: If you need a TL;DR, this is not the post for you. Move along. My teachings need in-depth explanation.

toby22

District 13
Reaction score
Well, as far as fighting against teams, there are some great topics in the Strategy section of the forums, but here are my specific tactics.

Well first off, with teams, you should analyze them. To do this, you can get a look at the team from a distance (I recommend Optifine for this) and check 'em out. First, figure out which one is the priority target, based on his weapon and armor. Next, get the names of the players and type /records playername. If that person has a couple hundred wins, and his teammate has the good items but no wins, I've found that the lesser armored player with lots of skill will still do infinitely more damage. Of course, this is a matter of personal choice, and there are variables to juggle, but yeah, pick a target.

Next, your approach depends on whether you are good at PvP (as in sword combat).

If you're good at PvP (as in sword combat): Wait until their backs are turned and then rush in and sword your target in the back as many times as possible before he realizes what's going on and fights for his pathetic, teaming life. If they are a skype team, his teammate (who you will remember is not weak from being sworded) will begin to fight you as well. This is the part where you're getting gangbanged. Begin block hitting (pressing right and left mouse keys at once) this is despicable, but against a team (which is on morally shaky ground if block hitting is) it is crucial. Keep attacking your target until he is dead. Let his stuff defy physics and hop into your inventory and run away for awhile. Possibly jump in some water and rod the other guy away. Once you feel you have sufficient health, treat this like a 1 on 1 fight.

If you're bad at swords, but good at bows: This is where we get to have some fun. Shoot from a distance (preferably high ground that is hard to scale but easy to descend) at your target (Or the easiest shot. You've got a bow, you do what you want.). Hopefully, your target will think he is being betrayed. This won't work against skype teams, but it's ideal. He will attack his teammate, who is now preoccupied with trying to find the sniper, and someone will die. Chortle at your brilliant handiwork and move on. Assuming the more realistic idea that they will notice you, hop on over. On level ground, try bow-ing them a couple more times before they reach you. If you have a flint and steel, use it. They will set themselves on fire. If this happens, they'll likely panic and separate, trying to find water. Since they're on fire, you will be able to catch up quickly. Also, they won't be able to chase you. It's a good running-away tactic. Basically, make use of secondary weapons and attack with your sword while they're disoriented.

If you're bad at every single kind of PvP...practice! Figure out a weapon or strategy that works for you! Use tactics to excess and play it safe. Learn the maps, knock people off high things, take them by surprise and ambush them. Find lots of stuff and use sheer power-of-gear to overwhelm people. Wait for other people to finish fighting and just kill the survivor. This is basically the strategy I use, since I'm laggy and awful at head-on combat. :p

Anyway, I just realized I wrote a textbook 5-paragraph essay on "Dealing with teams", so, I hope this is of use to you! If not, read it again. o_O
MAKE A TLDR :8

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci