• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Killing teams before they get stuff.

Barldonkulous

Spectator
Reaction score
Well, as far as fighting against teams, there are some great topics in the Strategy section of the forums, but here are my specific tactics.

Well first off, with teams, you should analyze them. To do this, you can get a look at the team from a distance (I recommend Optifine for this) and check 'em out. First, figure out which one is the priority target, based on his weapon and armor. Next, get the names of the players and type /records playername. If that person has a couple hundred wins, and his teammate has the good items but no wins, I've found that the lesser armored player with lots of skill will still do infinitely more damage. Of course, this is a matter of personal choice, and there are variables to juggle, but yeah, pick a target.

Next, your approach depends on whether you are good at PvP (as in sword combat).

If you're good at PvP (as in sword combat): Wait until their backs are turned and then rush in and sword your target in the back as many times as possible before he realizes what's going on and fights for his pathetic, teaming life. If they are a skype team, his teammate (who you will remember is not weak from being sworded) will begin to fight you as well. This is the part where you're getting gangbanged. Begin block hitting (pressing right and left mouse keys at once) this is despicable, but against a team (which is on morally shaky ground if block hitting is) it is crucial. Keep attacking your target until he is dead. Let his stuff defy physics and hop into your inventory and run away for awhile. Possibly jump in some water and rod the other guy away. Once you feel you have sufficient health, treat this like a 1 on 1 fight.

If you're bad at swords, but good at bows: This is where we get to have some fun. Shoot from a distance (preferably high ground that is hard to scale but easy to descend) at your target (Or the easiest shot. You've got a bow, you do what you want.). Hopefully, your target will think he is being betrayed. This won't work against skype teams, but it's ideal. He will attack his teammate, who is now preoccupied with trying to find the sniper, and someone will die. Chortle at your brilliant handiwork and move on. Assuming the more realistic idea that they will notice you, hop on over. On level ground, try bow-ing them a couple more times before they reach you. If you have a flint and steel, use it. They will set themselves on fire. If this happens, they'll likely panic and separate, trying to find water. Since they're on fire, you will be able to catch up quickly. Also, they won't be able to chase you. It's a good running-away tactic. Basically, make use of secondary weapons and attack with your sword while they're disoriented.

If you're bad at every single kind of PvP...practice! Figure out a weapon or strategy that works for you! Use tactics to excess and play it safe. Learn the maps, knock people off high things, take them by surprise and ambush them. Find lots of stuff and use sheer power-of-gear to overwhelm people. Wait for other people to finish fighting and just kill the survivor. This is basically the strategy I use, since I'm laggy and awful at head-on combat. :p

Anyway, I just realized I wrote a textbook 5-paragraph essay on "Dealing with teams", so, I hope this is of use to you! If not, read it again. o_O

TL;DR: If you need a TL;DR, this is not the post for you. Move along. My teachings need in-depth explanation.
Thanks dude! I'm going to try out some techniques.

Nadarekyle

Career
Reaction score
An example of killing teams using tactics: http://imgur.com/a/0JF4h

After providing this advice, I figured walking the walk would be a good idea. I killed about 6 people using only a fishing rod on SG5, and 4 of them were on a team. They just kept on coming despite what happened to their buddies :/

I finally died when my brother said "Hey, I bet you can make the jump to that ladder!" -_-

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci