• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Kit PvP Arena Contest -==Final Results==-

iLyfe

Survivor
Reaction score
Well for some maps, yes, and for others, no. It's so strange the broad spectrum of votes. Some judges gave 25 points to maps and others gave 1 point to the same maps. I guess it's personal taste :p
*edit: Or they just got lazy and gave 1 point because they felt like it xD
Read the thread. if a judge gave one point, it means that map was 11-25 for them. If the judge thought it was the best map, it would get 25, 2nd 20, and 3rd 15. Read for the other amount of points.

On the other side, I have no idea how the community votes worked.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Read the thread. if a judge gave one point, it means that map was 11-25 for them. If the judge thought it was the best map, it would get 25, 2nd 20, and 3rd 15. Read for the other amount of points.

Yeah, I kinda read the thread after posting that. My bad. But it's so weird that some judges think a map is really good and others think it's horrible. Strange o_O

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score

I think he understands that, it's just he feels its odd that one judge gave the max points and another have the minimum to the same map. That's part of the reason I think wider point separation might have been good.

Edit: Nevermind, but point still stands.

J

Joel/MadDawg

The community votes are a bit confusing; I was under the impression that votes only affected whether or not you made the top 25.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
The community votes are a bit confusing; I was under the impression that votes only affected whether or not you made the top 25.
Capt. said he was going to further explain it soon; I'm very curious as well. IMO community votes shouldn't have counted as much as they did, many people voted on some people's maps because they're popular or they're friends with them.

iLyfe

Survivor
Reaction score
I'm really waiting for this community votes explanation. They make absolutely no sense to me.

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
How exactly did the community points work? Block Fortress got the same amount of votes as Yodenheim, but 1/2 the points. Don't even get me started with Flubber's Castle and the community points.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
How exactly did the community points work? Block Fortress got the same amount of votes as Yodenheim, but 1/2 the points. Don't even get me started with Flubber's Castle and the community points.
I'm assuming it had to do with the judges scores, maybe the higher the judges scored the maps the more points were added from the community votes? I can't think of any other formula they'd use to calculate that...

iLyfe

Survivor
Reaction score
I'm assuming it had to do with the judges scores, maybe the higher the judges scored the maps the more points were added from the community votes? I can't think of any other formula they'd use to calculate that...
It just doesn't make sense. They would be such a faulty system. It makes it exponential.

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
The Docs used for the voting have been posted in the main post, the "Community Votes" should be explained there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci