• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Kit PVP Arena Contest

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
I think that TE and RF should be able to apply, but the judges, or leaders of those build teams cannot lead the builds.

J

Joel/MadDawg

I think that TE and RF should be able to apply, but the judges, or leaders of those build teams cannot lead the builds.
I think that TE and RF should not be allowed to apply at all, and here's why:

1. Any map that TE or RF makes is pretty much guaranteed to get in anyway, so why let them take map spots from builders that wouldn't normally have a good chance of getting accepted?
2. If a TE or RF map wins this competition tons of people will believe that this contest was rigged and that the judging was biased (even if it wasn't).
3. TE and RF, quite honestly, will probably win if they are allowed to apply, so why should I bother making a map if I know I'm going to lose?

V

Viretine

1. Any map that TE or RF makes is pretty much guaranteed to get in anyway, so why let them take map spots from builders that wouldn't normally have a good chance of getting accepted?
2. If a TE or RF map wins this competition tons of people will believe that this contest was rigged and that the judging was biased (even if it wasn't).
3. TE and RF, quite honestly, will probably win if they are allowed to apply, so why should I bother making a map if I know I'm going to lose?
Well if your map isn't good enough it will lose, simple as that. If you try harder and have a better attitude, you might get da swiggity swaggity purple name.

J

Joel/MadDawg

Well if your map isn't good enough it will lose, simple as that. If you try harder and have a better attitude, you might get da swiggity swaggity purple name.
Excuse me if you think I have a bad attitude, but do you really think I alone can beat RF or TE? Honestly I don't think I can, simply because of the amount of quality builders they have that can work for multiple hours a day fine tuning their maps to perfection. Meanwhile, I'm lucky to get on for two hours a day and will probably have no time to fine-tune my build at the end.

Burtry

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

I agree 100% They should not be allowed to submit a map for this contest, they can submit a map for fun but not for this.
If you compare a TE or RF map to another map you'll see that TE or RF is better. So, why not let another group make a map and have a chance to help out the community?

V

Viretine

Excuse me if you think I have a bad attitude, but do you really think I alone can beat RF or TE? Honestly I don't think I can, simply because of the amount of quality builders they have that can work for multiple hours a day fine tuning their maps to perfection. Meanwhile, I'm lucky to get on for two hours a day and will probably have no time to fine-tune my build at the end.
I didn't mean it like that. But if you really want to win, you can get other people to help you.

Niall

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If you compare a TE or RF map to another map you'll see that TE or RF is better. So, why not let another group make a map and have a chance to help out the community?
Your argument is very valid, but I do believe TE and RF should be aloud to apply. I am very sure that the judges would judge fairly. I think it would be good to also get a judge who isn't it TE or RF and they can make sure it isn't bias.

Burtry

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Your argument is very valid, but I do believe TE and RF should be aloud to apply. I am very sure that the judges would judge fairly. I think it would be good to also get a judge who isn't it TE or RF and they can make sure it isn't bias.
I still think TE and RF shouldn't be able to apply but if they are they should add another judge who wouldn't be biased.

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
I don't think it is a problem if TE and RF are in it. It makes it challenging.

SpaghettiSquid

Platinum
Reaction score
Since this all started my view on RF and TE participating has flip flopped. While I trust the judges to be unbiased in their decisions, I strongly agree with Burtry that if they enter, not only will they most likely win due to the fact that they have more man power, but they also have more famous builders than any other build team that I know of. While I would love to have them enter and see what they put on the table, I don't think it is fair to compare small build teams and solo builders to huge build teams that (from what Dave and Tree have suggest) are planning on entering MULTIPLE maps.

I don't want to sound like a little kid who complains about every little thing, but I feel it is like placing a 5 year old child on a basketball court and telling him to compete with a 5 armed, 7 foot tall NBA All-Star who also controls the scoreboard.

Spaghetti

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci