• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Kit PVP Arena Contest

__DarkVoid__

Diamond
Reaction score
Woo hoo more maps :) I probably wont build one because I am pretty bad at building.

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
For those saying TE and RF shouldn't enter, technically they aren't entering anyway, me and Dave alone have 5 Build Projects for MCGamer, TE has 4 projects, and RF has about 3 or 4, we are all very busy and can only really spare the time to work on those.

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
Are Team Elite and Red Forest going to enter this contest? If so, isn't it a little messed up that they're allowed to enter when the owners of these build teams are judging the competition?
I agree with you, I don't think it'd be fair at all. It'd be more fun to let lesser known groups/people build a map and not have RF/TE build a map and auto-win.

No. It's really not fair in my opinion. They should be able to submit a map for KitPvP but not have it in this contest that'll let some other people have 15 minutes of fame.
Think about it like this: We have an equal amount of TE and RF judges, so if there were to be a map submitted by RF, then I would assume the TE judges would be the primary reviewers. Same with TE maps. Likewise, the judges were based on our standings within the MCGamer building community. Dave being Head Builder and Capt. being senior builders, with Ninetail, Tree, and I being build managers.

Last edited by a moderator:

CorruptCrow

Survivor
Reaction score
Think about it like this: We have an equal amount of TE and RF judges, so if there were to be a map submitted by RF, then I would assume the TE judges would be the primary reviewers. Same with TE maps. Likewise, the judges were based on our standings within the MCGamer building community. Dave and Capt. being senior builders, with Ninetail, Tree, and I being build managers.
That's a fair point but haven't RF and TE worked together before? It still seems like favoritism might play a part but I guess we can wait and see how things turns out, we dont realy have a reason to doubt yet

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
That's a fair point but haven't RF and TE worked together before? It still seems like favoritism might play a part but I guess we can wait and see how things turns out, we dont realy have a reason to doubt yet
Yes, there have been collaborative projects between RF and TE. Nevertheless, arenas will be judged based on quality, and not the team that built it.

SpaghettiSquid

Platinum
Reaction score
LadyOfLove Not just for the VIP though, mainly to create something that thousands of people will enjoy playing on! :)

@Cubez: I forgot that Dave was the leader of TE :p Glhf to everyone playing! And may the kits be ever in your favor.. Or whatever..

Edit: Also, people! There will be 25 winners or something like that! I recommend getting into the mindset of "I'm making this map to help the community and show off my building skills" rather than "OMG it said VIP guys did u hear dat he's giving out VIP! *screetches*"

Guinessis

Experienced
Reaction score
Might adapt some of my older builds for kitpvp - obviously won't be eligible for the contest but it's good to see that map submissions are open!

SpaghettiSquid

Platinum
Reaction score
Are we permitted to use command blocks? (I know /testfor and /setblock are currently disabled by Craftbukkit)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci