• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Kit PvP Map Contest -==Top 25 Discussion==-

Tokzy

Spectator
Reaction score
I think this system is pretty good. If the equation only included community votes, Aura would have had a decent chance of winning despite the fact that none of the judges gave it a good ranking (this is an example).
Yea I think it played out fairly well, it is a little confusing when it came to presentation; but i understand it. Like our map would''ve been pretty far down since we're sorta new here and we got downvotes from other contest entries-- but in order for this whole thing to not have been some big popularity contest i think it's good thing they decided to go mostly off of judging.

shoottomaim

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think this system is pretty good. If the equation only included community votes, Aura would have had a decent chance of winning despite the fact that none of the judges gave it a good ranking (this is an example).
Yeah, but then you'd have like 10 maps which were pretty much neck and neck because of the 1 point votes.

J

Joel/MadDawg

Yeah, but then you'd have like 10 maps which were pretty much neck and neck because of the 1 point votes.
I don't see what's the problem with that. If the judges all didn't like 10 of the maps that much, it's fair that they all tie for last. The problem with giving community votes a lot of weight in the final judging is that it would be largely a popularity contest. I'm fine with getting into the top 25 being a popularity contest, but I'm not ok with it determining the final results. With this said, I think the system that was used was very fair because it gave the judge's votes much more weight than the community votes.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I don't see what's the problem with that. If the judges all didn't like 10 of the maps that much, it's fair that they all tie for last. The problem with giving community votes a lot of weight in the final judging is that it would be largely a popularity contest. I'm fine with getting into the top 25 being a popularity contest, but I'm not ok with it determining the final results. With this said, I think the system that was used was very fair because it gave the judge's votes much more weight than the community votes.
I think it wasn't bad except for the way the points were set up, it made for a big confused mess of people at the beginning. Judge weight should have just been higher to begin with rather than included in Community Votes.

shoottomaim

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
That's funny because Aura happened to beat Duskveil with 1 point from each of the judges.

J

Joel/MadDawg

That's funny because Aura happened to beat Duskveil with 1 point from each of the judges.
If you don't like where Duskveil placed, talk to the judges directly. I'm done talking about this because arguing about the scoring system way after the contest ended is pointless.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
If you don't like where Duskveil placed, talk to the judges directly. I'm done talking about this because arguing about the scoring system way after the contest ended is pointless.
He was saying that even though they did worse than us in the opinion of the judges, they still beat us because of their masses of community votes.

shoottomaim

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I actually did :3. It's technically not arguing, it's more debating seeing as no flame has been started.

J

Joel/MadDawg

I actually did :3. It's technically not arguing, it's more debating seeing as no flame has been started.
I hate it when people say they are flaming and they really aren't, my bad for not being clear :3
He was saying that even though they did worse than us in the opinion of the judges, they still beat us because of their masses of community votes.
You're right, that is messed up. Like I said, talk to the judges about it and see if something will change :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci