• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Kit PvP Map Contest -==Top 25 Discussion==-

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I can't really provide any info on how the points worked since I don't really know the system of that xD It's complicated to say the least :p
Can you get someone that understands the system well to explain it to us? I'd like to know how the system worked.

Mlpoknzaba

Diamond
Reaction score
GUYS, I JUST GOT HOW IT WORKS!

Let me try to explain.....

After the submission deadline had been reached, each Judge put their top 25 favourite maps in order. Didn't matter about votes or anything like that.
Then each map got given points depending on where they were in each list, as stated here:
1st Place: 25 Points
2nd Place: 20 Points
3rd Place: 15 Points
4th-5th Place: 10 Points
6th-10th Place: 5 Points
11th-25th: 1 Point​
These votes can be seen in the columns I marked in yellow here: http://imgur.com/JSb46N4

The maps were also put in order by community votes, as you can see in the "Community top 25" in the image in that imgur link above. That list also got points, again following the rules above.

For example, Judge 1 put Paradise Valley in 4th, Judge 2 put it in 18th, Judge 3 put it in 21st, and Judge 4 put it in 2nd.
Paradise Valley was the 2nd most popular map to the community, so:
4th Place = 10
18th = 1
21st = 1
2nd = 20
2nd = 20

Total Points = 10+1+1+20+20
=52

Then once the top 25 maps were short-listed, there was a second round of voting.
However this time the judges could only have the previously decided top 25 maps in their lists.
http://imgur.com/jSg1F6H
In the image above, the points from round 1 are in the yellow box.
The votes from round 2, judge by judge and totals, are in the blue boxes (The columns with coloured bars at the top)
And finally, the totals from both rounds are in green boxes, organised by position after round 1 on the right, and by final position on the left.
Yellow + Blue = Green (hehe)

So, for example, Paradise Islands total points =
Points from round 1 + 4th from judge 1 + 18th from judge 2 + 17th from judge 3 + 2nd from judge 4 + 18th from judge 5
Or
52 + 10 + 1 + 1 + 20 + 1 = 85

I did most of this for my own benefit, but if it helps any of you guys, then yay!

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score

After the submission deadline had been reached, each Judge put their top 25 favourite maps in order. Didn't matter about votes or anything like that.
Then each map got given points depending on where they were in each list, as stated here:

These votes can be seen in the columns I marked in yellow here: http://imgur.com/JSb46N4

The maps were also put in order by community votes, as you can see in the "Community top 25" in the image in that imgur link above. That list also got points, again following the rules above.

For example, Judge 1 put Paradise Valley in 4th, Judge 2 put it in 18th, Judge 3 put it in 21st, and Judge 4 put it in 2nd.
4th Place = 10
18th = 1
21st = 1
2nd = 20
2nd = 20

=52

Then once the top 25 maps were short-listed, there was a second round of voting.
However this time the judges could only have the previously decided top 25 maps in their lists.
The votes from round 2, judge by judge and totals, are in the blue boxes (The columns with coloured bars at the top)
And finally, the totals from both rounds are in green boxes, organised by position after round 1 on the right, and by final position on the left.

Points from round 1 + 4th from judge 1 + 18th from judge 2 + 17th from judge 3 + 2nd from judge 4 + 18th from judge 5
Or

I did most of this for my own benefit, but if it helps any of you guys, then yay!
I understand how it works, I just still don't get some of the reasoning behind parts of it :/

shoottomaim

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Why have the insane judges points though? You end up having half the maps getting 1 point from each judge >_>.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score

4th Place = 10
18th = 1
21st = 1
2nd = 20
2nd = 20

=52

Or

Unless I'm missing something, that still doesn't explain how the community points actually work. Why does 60 votes become 16 community points but about 100 votes becomes 52 community points and 19 votes is also 16 community points. That's what doesn't make sense to me.

Mlpoknzaba

Diamond
Reaction score
Unless I'm missing something, that still doesn't explain how the community points actually work. Why does 60 votes become 16 community points but about 100 votes becomes 52 community points and 19 votes is also 16 community points. That's what doesn't make sense to me.
"Communtiy Votes" basically means "Judges round 1 votes + Community votes"

I already showed how Paradise Valley got 53 community points, but here's how Duskveil and Cryogenesis both got 16 "community points"

Community Points = Points from judge 1 + Points from judge 2 + Points from judge 3 + Points from judge 4 + Points from community votes.

So Duskveil = Not in judge 1's top 25 + 6th from judge 2 + Not in judge 3's top 25 + 12th from judge 4 + 4th by number of votes.
Or
Duskveil = 0 + 5 + 0 + 1 + 10 = 16

And Cryogenesis = 9th from judge 1 + 7th from judge 2 + 17th from judge 3 + 7th from judge 4 + Not in communities top 25
Or
Cryogenesis = 5 + 5 + 1 + 5 + 0 = 16

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
"Communtiy Votes" basically means "Judges round 1 votes + Community votes"

I already showed how Paradise Valley got 53 community points, but here's how Duskveil and Cryogenesis both got 16 "community points"

Community Points = Points from judge 1 + Points from judge 2 + Points from judge 3 + Points from judge 4 + Points from community votes.

So Duskveil = Not in judge 1's top 25 + 6th from judge 2 + Not in judge 3's top 25 + 12th from judge 4 + 4th by number of votes.
Or
Duskveil = 0 + 5 + 0 + 1 + 10 = 16

And Cryogenesis = 9th from judge 1 + 7th from judge 2 + 17th from judge 3 + 7th from judge 4 + Not in communities top 25
Or
Cryogenesis = 5 + 5 + 1 + 5 + 0 = 16
That's stupid -.- It should be community votes completely, not judge votes. But thanks for explaining! :)

J

Joel/MadDawg

That's stupid -.- It should be community votes completely, not judge votes. But thanks for explaining! :)
I think this system is pretty good. If the equation only included community votes, Aura would have had a decent chance of winning despite the fact that none of the judges gave it a good ranking (this is an example).

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I think this system is pretty good. If the equation only included community votes, Aura would have had a decent chance of winning despite the fact that none of the judges gave it a good ranking (this is an example).
They simply should have given the judge scoring more weight, rather than making the community votes not really the community votes. It's just confusing for everyone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci