• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Kit PvP Map Contest -==Top 25 Discussion==-

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Congrats to all the maps that got in. :D
How did Barnyard get in though?
The builds were from a Keralis tutorial. Not sure if thats allowed or not, just thought I'd mention it.
That's plagiarism in a way, considering they didn't come up with the builds....
Hmmm..

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
That's plagiarism in a way, considering they didn't come up with the builds....
Hmmm..
It is not plagiarism since its a building tutorial. Theres a lot of building tutorials where is says between the video or in the description you can use this kind of buildings in your projects for public use.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
It is not plagiarism since its a building tutorial. Theres a lot of building tutorials where is says between the video or in the description you can use this kind of buildings in your projects for public use.
True, so it's not quite plagiarism, but it is still copying the build and making the map not unique.

NICKNATAW

Platinum
Reaction score
"Each map must be completely original i.e. not taken from other preexisting maps." -Rule #7 from the front page post. Whether building something from a tutorial is against the rules or not is completely up to the judges.

Lord_Axely

Survivor
Reaction score
Didn't the announcement forum for the competition say that the way a map got into the Top 25 was by votes? Because my map, Skybloom Valley, got way more votes than Abandoned Construction Site, and yet it's in the Top 25? Have I missed something here?!

mr_pendle

Diamond
Reaction score
Didn't the announcement forum for the competition say that the way a map got into the Top 25 was by votes? Because my map, Skybloom Valley, got way more votes than Abandoned Construction Site, and yet it's in the Top 25? Have I missed something here?!
Thats the same with my map, it got more votes than like 4 others but didn't get in. I guess there's other reasons too :/
Just saw your map, looks really good.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Votes was the main criteria, but the maps were evaluated as well.

Lord_Axely

Survivor
Reaction score
Thats the same with my map, it got more votes than like 4 others but didn't get in. I guess there's other reasons too :/
Just saw your map, looks really good.
Sad and kinda annoying, I'll ask about it. And thanks!

SpaghettiSquid

Platinum
Reaction score
This may have been answered in another thread, but when are the maps getting uploaded in order? :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci