• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Kit PvP Map Contest -==Top 25 Discussion==-

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
It had
  • No terraforming
  • More No votes than Yes
  • Builds from a tutorial
  • Just above minimum size.
  • Probably built in about 10 mins.
There's no reason to be rude about it, no matter what you think of the map. If you want to criticize someone's map, give constructive criticism and don't assume things like 'It was probably built in 10 minutes'. People work hard on their maps, no matter what it may seem.

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
Not sure where he said that can you get that for me when you are on computer?
Finally back c: So, this is what it says on the main thread-

Placement out of 25.
Overall points out of 250.
Points from community votes.
Points from Judge 1 Votes.
Points from Judge 2 Votes.
Points from Judge 3 Votes.
Points from Judge 4 Votes.
Points from Judge 5 Votes.

Here is how the point system that helped out us in choosing the map:

1st Place: 25 Points
2nd Place: 20 Points
3rd Place: 15 Points
4th-5th Place: 10 Points
6th-10th Place: 5 Points
11th-25th: 1 Point

And here's Capt's explanation later on-

Okay, so Community vote comprised of:

Community Top 25 of all entries: 20%
Judges' Top 25 of all entries: 20% each

So it's: Points from Judge A+Points from Judge B+Points from Judge C+Points from Judge D+Points from Community Top 25=Community Votes.

I hope this helped c: I'll try to add onto anything needed if I can. If you have any questions, just ask :)

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score

Placement out of 25.

So it's: Points from Judge A+Points from Judge B+Points from Judge C+Points from Judge D+Points from Community Top 25=Community Votes.

I hope this helped c: I'll try to add onto anything needed if I can. If you have any questions, just ask :)
I understand how it works, but I'm wondering the reasoning for factoring in the judge scores for community votes. Shouldn't they be completely separate?

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
I understand how it works, but I'm wondering the reasoning for factoring in the judge scores for community votes. Shouldn't they be completely separate?
Well, people always complain about stuff saying that "the community gets no say" (when in fact they have quite a lot :p but this isn't the thread to go into all sorts of other stuff) so we decided to factor in the community votes on maps. I understand that some people just spammed their maps around to friends or just everyone in general to get them to vote on them but that's also how quite a lot of threads with maps are today. I can go into super detail but I've written so much stuff in the past few days (school and another thread thing) so I'd like to hold off on doing that unless absolutely necessary. If you want though, I can, it's up to you.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Well, people always complain about stuff saying that "the community gets no say" (when in fact they have quite a lot :p but this isn't the thread to go into all sorts of other stuff) so we decided to factor in the community votes on maps. I understand that some people just spammed their maps around to friends or just everyone in general to get them to vote on them but that's also how quite a lot of threads with maps are today. I can go into super detail but I've written so much stuff in the past few days (school and another thread thing) so I'd like to hold off on doing that unless absolutely necessary. If you want though, I can, it's up to you.
I think you misunderstood; I think the community opinion should have been included in the final standings, but I don't think the "community vote" should have had any judge points in it. I think it would be less confusing to have the judge scores and community scores as completely separate point categories.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score

Placement out of 25.

I still don't completely understand how it works. So I understand the placements, and the points from that, but what's the "Community Top 25 of all entries" and "Judges' Top 25 of all entries"?

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
I think you misunderstood; I think the community opinion should have been included in the final standings, but I don't think the "community vote" should have had any judge points in it. I think it would be less confusing to have the judge scores and community scores as completely separate point categories.
No, the community scores are a separate category as are the judges scores. In the end, they all add together for the final score.
Do you mean that they should have counted less or something?

I still don't completely understand how it works. So I understand the placements, and the points from that, but what's the "Community Top 25 of all entries" and "Judges' Top 25 of all entries"?
The "Community Top 25" is the 25 maps that were "most liked" or voted on by the community whereas the "Judges' Top 25" are each individual judge's list of what they think is the top 25 regardless of voting.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
No, the community scores are a separate category as are the judges scores. In the end, they all add together for the final score.

The "Community Top 25" is the 25 maps that were "most liked" or voted on by the community whereas the "Judges' Top 25" are each individual judge's list of what they think is the top 25 regardless of voting.

It says here the point category "Community Votes" was made up of votes on the thread and judge scores. Then judge scores were listed separately on the thread. I'm fine with judge scores counting more, but couldn't they just have higher weighting? A point category shouldn't be called "community votes" if it also comprises judge scores.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score

But then why does it say both are worth 20%?

Claps

Diamond
Reaction score
To be honest, I skimmed the responses and still don't quite get the way voting worked, but I still think it should have been done differently.
People could have been limited to voting for say, one map. This would have made them vote for the map they honestly liked the most. Also, not letting people vote their own maps may have been good.

Halo_0

Career
Reaction score
I was gonna give my opinion but I have no idea whats going on... I really don't feel like ready all of the chat too...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci