• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Kit PvP Map Contest -==Top 25 Discussion==-

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
It says here the point category "Community Votes" was made up of votes on the thread and judge scores. Then judge scores were listed separately on the thread. I'm fine with judge scores counting more, but couldn't they just have higher weighting? A point category shouldn't be called "community votes" if it also comprises judge scores.
But then why does it say both are worth 20%?
Ohhhhh, I derped super hard. Ignore me xD I was interpreting it completely wrong :p

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
So you don't understand it either then? :p
Not entirely but I think I get the premise of it c:

So why did yodenheim get like 200 total points yet we got like 20? That can't make sense?
When a map gets 1st place on a judge's list, it gets 25 (I think it was) points. It ranked extremely high on all judge's lists. However, maps that got between 11 and 25 (I think) got only 1. The point system was odd which explains the huge difference in points

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Not entirely but I think I get the premise of it c:

When a map gets 1st place on a judge's list, it gets 25 (I think it was) points. It ranked extremely high on all judge's lists. However, maps that got between 11 and 25 (I think) got only 1. The point system was odd which explains the huge difference in points
But it doesn't explain the community points. Also, just wondering, why was yodenheim so high on your lists? What did you like about it so m uch?

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
But it doesn't explain the community points. Also, just wondering, why was yodenheim so high on your lists? What did you like about it so m uch?
Although the texture pack makes the map look extremely good in the screenshots, it actually looks just as nice in game! There was quite a lot of thought put into the map and I think it will provide quite fun gameplay on more than just one flat level (it has a huge bridge and stuff to pvp on). That's why it ranked high on my list but I can't speak for the other judges since I'm not them. That's just my opinion on it

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Although the texture pack makes the map look extremely good in the screenshots, it actually looks just as nice in game! There was quite a lot of thought put into the map and I think it will provide quite fun gameplay on more than just one flat level (it has a huge bridge and stuff to pvp on). That's why it ranked high on my list but I can't speak for the other judges since I'm not them. That's just my opinion on it
Ok, that's all I was wondering. I understand liking that it's not flat, but it looks a bit too mountainous in some areas, and the 1/8th snow slabs just turn me off of anything. Thanks :)

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
Ok, that's all I was wondering. I understand liking that it's not flat, but it looks a bit too mountainous in some areas, and the 1/8th snow slabs just turn me off of anything. Thanks :)
I checked it out in single player, while the edges near the wall do slope up, there is plenty of space to pvp in a lot of different areas c:

J

Joel/MadDawg

I'm going to download Yodenheim now because you guys have made me so curious :p

J

Joel/MadDawg

Ok, I downloaded Yodenheim and DAMN it is sexy. It has by far the best use of acacia wood I've ever seen, and it still as tons of open room for pvp. It is definitely deserving of first place.

Plg21

District 13
Reaction score
I checked it out in single player, while the edges near the wall do slope up, there is plenty of space to pvp in a lot of different areas c:
Still don't understand but whatever happened happened xD we are still on the server so whatever :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci