• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Laptop Computer Suggestions

AviJess

Experienced
Reaction score
Thank you guys for the suggestions! I'll most likely be going with the ASUS. Thanks :D

DE5T1NY

Platinum
Reaction score
What do you mean by "compatibility" ?
Wrong wording, it was 3am wen I wrote this, in my opinion there are more programs/games that can take advantage of Nvidia's CUDA cores, hairworks etc. than amd's features if this makes sense. I don't really know how to word it properly.

SUPERVIP101

Platinum
Reaction score
Wrong wording, it was 3am wen I wrote this, in my opinion there are more programs/games that can take advantage of Nvidia's CUDA cores, hairworks etc. than amd's features if this makes sense. I don't really know how to word it properly.
CUDA cores are the exact same as Stream Processors :p there's no difference other than HBM by AMD which is stupidly more faster than GDDR5. I may go with a 8GB HBM card when it comes out for AMD, at least I'll see the benchmarks first. As for what you where saying, I have no idea xD

DE5T1NY

Platinum
Reaction score
CUDA cores are the exact same as Stream Processors :p there's no difference other than HBM by AMD which is stupidly more faster than GDDR5. I may go with a 8GB HBM card when it comes out for AMD, at least I'll see the benchmarks first. As for what you where saying, I have no idea xD
Im saying that more programs support cuda than opencl

SUPERVIP101

Platinum
Reaction score
Im saying that more programs support cuda than opencl
Right, however that's such a little difference that I couldn't care xD
OpenCL according to quite a few people and benchmarks has better
performance. None the less...

Since they're pretty much the same... I find that the Fury is cheaper in retail.
So in that case I may go for it in future, we'll see. c:

AviJess

Experienced
Reaction score
I just want a laptop that can run MC fast and smoothly XD

SUPERVIP101

Platinum
Reaction score
I just want a laptop that can run MC fast and smoothly XD
It's hokey xD We're talking about desktop PCs. The ASUS one we mentioned is fine for you c: I look forward to seeing how it performs actually

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci