• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Least favourite mcsg maps.

zorrodc

Career
Reaction score
I'm gonna do more than three cause #Yoloswaggy ^-^

-Freeze Island
-Holiday resort
-Valleyside university
-SG 2
-SG 3
-SG 5
-moonlight lake
-Moonbase 9
-Fallen Empire

Have a nice day :)
Again, please list why you don't like them to show the map maker some critique.

Serventor

Survivor
Reaction score
I am going to make a long post here. So, there are some maps that the majority of the community strongly dislike. I don't get it why MCSG doesn't remove them then. I will tell in this post what maps should be removed and why. I like all the effort in the maps, and I hope I don't insult any map maker.

There is a map that is basically unplayable. Fallen Empire. Fallen Empire is not really good looking. It never gets voted and when it does, it is just by trolls that want to crash the server. Team Elite is a great build team, but this map is not good. In the most recent couple of months, this map got voted 5 times. And when the lobby ended, and we were pre-game, the server just crashed. Why the heck would there be a map that is not even playable? I don't really get the point.

This map is old, and should be removed. It is Kharmunrah. It's really fun, not the gameplay and PvP aspect, but the discovering. I love exploring on this map, but for MCSG, it doesn't fit. It is the biggest map out there I believe. It is boring to play and I always get forced DMs. This map is the BEST for exploring, but it would fit a bit better in Beta, when it all was about survival, while it's now about PvP. This map is too big and doesn't fit for MCSG, that's why this map should be removed.

The Fallen Colossi... Ugh. This map got added through the PMC contest. It had great presentation, with shaders and all, but it looks terrible. The shaders took all the credit. The gameplay is boring, the map is too big and the looks aren't even that good. I'm really sorry, but I think this is the worst map. Avaricia is 2nd. Because it doesn't use as much shaders, while Avaricia is way better.

Another map from PMC, is Destiny's Shiver. It is even broken in the voting Destiny\'s Shiver (coding contains loads of 's and "s, so you have to put a \ before those in strings). Great looks overall, but it is just bad gameplay. Not really a Survival Games map. The corn is also weird.

If these four maps are going to be removed, the quality will be a bit higher. There are some maps that don't look good, but they are fit for MCSG. Some people are complaining about Breeze Island and Moonlight Lake, while they have great gameplay. Water chases might be annoying, but I don't really see the problem. The maps with bad looks but great gameplay should maybe be revamped with better terraforming and buildings, so the level of quality becomes even higher.

And don't forget, MCSG does listen to the community! If they didn't, MCSG Ruins, Asia Games and Freeze Island would still be there.

Btw, Moonlight Lake 2 is released, I just wanted to point that out for adding or replacing ML1.

TL;DR: Some maps don't fit MCSG, but other stuff. Other maps that have good gameplay but ugly looks should be revamped to let more people like it.

cscoop

Platinum
Reaction score
Not sure how appropriate this thread is, but I think that is long if it isn't a thread to bash map makers, than it's all good. For me, it would be the Freeze Island, because of the horrible ice chases, Solar frost, because it over-favors teams and theres really no way to get from one side of the map to another without going through corn. And also probably Demon's breeze, because I think it's quite ugly compared to the other maps.
Lol, shout out the maps that have the same island theme as Breeze Island. I personally like Demon's better than breeze.

billyguy1

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Fallen Empire. The games always take 30 minutes, and it is just way too big and confusing for my liking.

flyon21

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I hate Valleyside (sorry overplayed and boring)
Holiday ^
Solar Frost (I don't like how op a team is, and not a beeg phan of the spawn area)

Blazerboy | Noah

District 13
Reaction score
Fallen Colossi - same reason that everyone else hates it

Kharmunrah - See Serventor's post

Fallen Empire- Never even played it, that's how often it crashes, glitches or is not-voted

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci