• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Legacy Rank

Sarchikani

Platinum
Reaction score
Trust me when I say this, a lot or the top 100 players agree with me and care about the rank.
Players play the game to have fun, not to get a rank. As for the people who want the rank, that's fine, but they should not expect it to be given just because they feel entitled to it. And, lets not create ranks that group people into different groups. Its bad enough having VIP ranks who get special treatment, lets not add another rank that signifies that someone is better than others. Sure it would be nice to have something to show for the hours you spent playing this game, but if you are actively pursuing this matter as if it was life or death, you need to get your priorities straight.

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Now, if they were to add a rank to these people, the rank would only be cosmetic —and not actually give donor perks and what-not.

JumpingBacon

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Players play the game to have fun, not to get a rank. As for the people who want the rank, that's fine, but they should not expect it to be given just because they feel entitled to it. And, lets not create ranks that group people into different groups. Its bad enough having VIP ranks who get special treatment, lets not add another rank that signifies that someone is better than others. Sure it would be nice to have something to show for the hours you spent playing this game, but if you are actively pursuing this matter as if it was life or death, you need to get your priorities straight.
We'll for starters it kind of signifies being better than others due to you have to be top 100 to get it (If it becomes a thing). Also there's not going to be much special treatment from staff due to the fact that it doesn't represent anything else but years of work and dedication and you were ranked in the top 100 on the legacy leaderboards.

Sarchikani

Platinum
Reaction score
We'll for starters it kind of signifies being better than others due to you have to be top 100 to get it (If it becomes a thing). Also there's not going to be much special treatment from staff due to the fact that it doesn't represent anything else but years of work and dedication and you were ranked in the top 100 on the legacy leaderboards.
To be honest, I don't care what happens. If they reset stats or not, doesn't affect me. And this rank has no impact on me. But the thing is, if people want it, that's great. But they should not feel entitled to it, it is up to the Admins. I like the suggestion, but I find it unnecessary.

547awesomeness

Tribute
Reaction score
In my opinion, I don't think it is a great idea. I realize that some people might want to be the highest member rank on the server. If they were already under 100 and this happened, they would have to talk to the staff in hopes of getting demoted down to member rank.

Danny

Platinum
Reaction score
Agreed.

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
Top 10 Players should get VIP, or bring back friend rank and give it to them

Cameron

Diamond
Reaction score
Top 10 Players should get VIP, or bring back friend rank and give it to them
#darkrai for friend

I think this is good. I've spent almost a year going from rank 1000000 to eventually get to the top 50 but probably people don't remember me on the forums I wasn't that popular . Anyway I was incredibly annoyed to find out all this time that I spent on mcsg was a waste as all that hard work of trying to prove myself as a good pvper by constantly killing hackers and 4 teams. However all I get for the enjoyment of others is a leaderboard that didn't even show my highest point on the leaderboards . I would like a legacy rank with no additional perks. I just want a rank to signify that I worked hard to get to a high point on the leaderboards and that people could recognise it like when I was on the leaderboards. Yes there might be a little bit more targeting but that's incredibly easy to deal with because we are the top 100 we know how to deal with these things :).

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I personally like this idea, however I think we should aim at giving this rank to maybe the top 25 people, 100 seems kind of extreme and a good lot of those top 100 have little interest in MCSG anymore. It would definitely quiet a few of the complaints that come from either the top players themselves or their fans (cause a lot of them seem to have successful YouTube channels, and I'm jealous ._.).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci