• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Lobby Server [BungeeCord]

Marco

Spectator
Reaction score
Hey Folks,
I just thought about some improvements for mcsg and I came to the conclusion that mcsg really needs a lobby server. So I started searching on the internet and found a bukkit plugin that's called BungeeCord. It basicaly allows to run one server as 'lobby' and some signs in it with whitch you can join the 'subservers' [like us9001.mcsg.in etc.].

Some positive aspects I want to mention are listed below:
  • Nodus autojoin would be nonsense because after one round everyone gets teleported back into the spawn
  • Advertisements could be a great addition/alternative to the current Donor system because it's more reliable
  • A bigger expandability (for the upcoming survival server)
  • It adds a kind of oCd style to it. I'd love to see that.
So guys thats it, I would really like to know your thoughts about that so please leave a comment or a vote below :D
[http://www.spigotmc.org/]

jensoo7

Spectator
Reaction score
Sounds like an awesome idea for me... That lag is really annoying... :D If there were maybe some lobby servers that would be nice! So much easier to find a starting game then...

Marco

Spectator
Reaction score
Sounds too much like what the hive has already. You don't want them thinking we're copying them.
Hmm, ok thats true in some way but I guess the coders coud make some awsome things with it , Bungee Is only the core of all :D

kaiomann

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
No. That would cost even more money to run that hub server with maybe 500+ slots, it would be really hard to join servers, and it would just be a Hive copy.

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Not to mention it would be similar to those common bukkit plugins, which is....no.

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
Hey Folks,
I just thought about some improvements for mcsg and I came to the conclusion that mcsg really needs a lobby server. So I started searching on the internet and found a bukkit plugin that's called BungeeCord. It basicaly allows to run one server as 'lobby' and some signs in it with whitch you can join the 'subservers' [like us9001.mcsg.in etc.].

Some positive aspects I want to mention are listed below:
  • Nodus autojoin would be nonsense because after one round everyone gets teleported back into the spawn
  • Advertisements could be a great addition/alternative to the current Donor system because it's more reliable
  • A bigger expandability (for the upcoming survival server)
  • It adds a kind of oCd style to it. I'd love to see that.
So guys thats it, I would really like to know your thoughts about that so please leave a comment or a vote below :D

[http://www.spigotmc.org/]
No.

And that is advertising...
slasherxtreme

Marco

Spectator
Reaction score
They copy us.
Good Point, and btw I realy just stumbled upon that plugin :D but I thought it would be nice because it is only the core - the essential / userinterface is self programmable or expandable through plugins.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Lots of other Survival Games servers have this type of thing. What we do sets it apart from them, and in my opinion is easier to use. This has also been suggested many times before, and always shut down by the staff. Sorry :(

Levah

District 13
Reaction score
We are aiming to have as less plugins as we can! I think we only have 3 plugins on this servers if I remember.
But I think this idea is a good start on somthing

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci