• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Lobby Server [BungeeCord]

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Leik Shotbow c:

It sounds cool, but that's what we have the server list for?

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds too much like what the hive has already. You don't want them thinking we're copying them.
Hive didn't invent the cluster idea, however large communities are doing it because they offer more than one minigame type. Unsure if MCSG will go down that route.

It sounds cool, but that's what we have the server list for?
The servers page is indeed useful and we will never get rid of it.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Hive didn't invent the cluster idea, however large communities are doing it because they offer more than one minigame type. Unsure if MCSG will go down that route.

It's a decent idea, but we don't need to fit into the crowd of servers doing the same thing. We need to stand out c:

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score

It's a decent idea, but we don't need to fit into the crowd of servers doing the same thing. We need to stand out c:
I even find the system we use easier, and a bit more logical for our situation. Since, like you said, our only mini-game is Survival Games, we don't need a lobby server just for that. We also have to click join server once, while when clicking on a sign, you can hold right click on it and it will bring you to the lobby of the game almost automatically once it starts.

Elisha

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
There's actually no need for this. Having separate servers are better.

Marco

Spectator
Reaction score
Ok I see what you mean :D the only big reason why I'd like it, is the fact that people who autojoin can't profit because they'll get teleported to the lobby, but I guess the current situation is already a good one :)

ejegun

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
BungeeCord aint no plugin, bungeecord iz proxy, i could explain dis in depff, but me dun wana.

Marco

Spectator
Reaction score
BungeeCord aint no plugin, bungeecord iz proxy, i could explain dis in depff, but me dun wana.
It is, it is the essential interface to interact with multiple servers - in some way it works like a proxy but I think it is more than that (and btw awsome map you've build :] )

jefeperro

Diamond
Reaction score
Hey Folks,
I just thought about some improvements for mcsg and I came to the conclusion that mcsg really needs a lobby server. So I started searching on the internet and found a bukkit plugin that's called BungeeCord. It basicaly allows to run one server as 'lobby' and some signs in it with whitch you can join the 'subservers' [like us9001.mcsg.in etc.].

Some positive aspects I want to mention are listed below:
  • Nodus autojoin would be nonsense because after one round everyone gets teleported back into the spawn
  • Advertisements could be a great addition/alternative to the current Donor system because it's more reliable
  • A bigger expandability (for the upcoming survival server)
  • It adds a kind of oCd style to it. I'd love to see that.
So guys thats it, I would really like to know your thoughts about that so please leave a comment or a vote below :D
[http://www.spigotmc.org/]
Tell me more about this so called nodus

jefeperro

Diamond
Reaction score
I was kidding dood nodus is not allowed on the mcs servers. You will be banned for using it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci