• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Lost Mine

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
This rule was never before. They were asked for a copy free of OP items, and ThatOneTomahawk did gave them one. However, the update was never implemented. And, talking about OP items... Doesn't Vida Cova has some? —I mean, they didn't place them, but its said in the rules, and rules are rules... :p
There must be NO items in furnaces, dispensers, trap chests or dropper that does not have the trial of a difficult task and or problem solving a redstone contraption.​

This has always been our rule.​

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
And, its unfair. There should be just one punishment, not a different punishment for each case; all in all its the same rule being broken.
In real life, murder doesn't have one sole punishment. It all depends on circumstances and different factors like severity, which is fair enough. I don't know how fair the removal was, but the principle of different punishments is not inherently unfair.

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
In real life, murder doesn't have one sole punishment. It all depends on circumstances and different factors like severity, which is fair enough. I don't know how fair the removal was, but the principle of different punishments is not inherently unfair.
huh, comparing real life over a game? How do you dare to compare both, morally and 100% different situations? I am basing from all the other punishments in MCGamer.
Spam, foul language, Caps, sexual messages, racism, all those already have predetermined punishments. In here, its unfair as, there shouldn't be any exceptions whatsoever.
Your map has OP items therefore it breaks the rules, whether you placed them or not.

However, Lost Mine is a bit tricky here. Lost Mine, was dealt unfairly. They map, in the first place wasn't going to be removed, but since they never pushed the updated version free from OP items, was deleted. This is way different as one of the authors, which was a moderator, was asked to remove them. Saying this, if they asked him to remove them and they were about to push an update —But, mysteriously never did—, this is rather an unconcluded issue MCGamer left behind.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
huh, comparing real life over a game? How do you dare to compare both, morally and 100% different situations? I am basing from all the other punishments in MCGamer.
Spam, foul language, Caps, sexual messages, racism, all those already have predetermined punishments. In here, its unfair as, there shouldn't be any exceptions whatsoever.
Your map has OP items therefore it breaks the rules, whether you placed them or not.

However, Lost Mine is a bit tricky here. Lost Mine, was dealt unfairly. They map, in the first place wasn't going to be removed, but since they never pushed the updated version free from OP items, was deleted. This is way different as one of the authors, which was a moderator, was asked to remove them. Saying this, if they asked him to remove them and they were about to push an update —But, mysteriously never did—, this is rather an unconcluded issue MCGamer left behind.
The punishments are not set in concrete. The situation matters. If someone says every curse word in the book, they will recieve a much harsher punishment than someone that says one word. This statement has nothing to do with my map or Lost Mine; punishments vary based on the situation, both here and in real life.

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
The punishments are not set in concrete. The situation matters. If someone says every curse word in the book, they will recieve a much harsher punishment than someone that says one word. This statement has nothing to do with my map or Lost Mine; punishments vary based on the situation, both here and in real life.
Using your real life examples I will put both these maps issue.

Lets say Lost Mine did wrong, but was given a second chance to fix things up. However, once they fixed all the mistakes —in this case remove the OP items— they were completely ignored (even when a developer was the one who asked them to remove the op items to push an update). And, they were basically left to rot in prison.

In the case of your map, its still up in the servers, and its 100% breaking the rules, yet its not punished as Lost Mine.

And this is totally unfair because, when Lost Mine was given an opportunity to fix these OP items, they did fix them, but the update was never pushed making the map rot in hell. Whereas your map is 100% breaking the rules and its still up in these servers.

And, if we want to talk about the map with the most OP items, sorry hun, but thats your map.

I had enough of this nonsense, so my last comment here regarding our "conversation".

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Using your real life examples I will put both these maps issue.

Lets say Lost Mine did wrong, but was given a second chance to fix things up. However, once they fixed all the mistakes —in this case remove the OP items— they were completely ignored (even when a developer was the one who asked them to remove the op items to push an update). And, they were basically left to rot in prison.

In the case of your map, its still up in the servers, and its 100% breaking the rules, yet its not punished as Lost Mine.

And this is totally unfair because, when Lost Mine was given an opportunity to fix these OP items, they did fix them, but the update was never pushed making the map rot in hell. Whereas your map is 100% breaking the rules and its still up in these servers.

And, if we want to talk about the map with the most OP items, sorry hun, but thats your map.

I had enough of this nonsense, so my last comment here regarding our "conversation".
My point wasn't that either thing was fair or not >.> I was simply stating earlier that punishments vary and are up to staff decision. I never said that either situation was fair or not, I never even tried to bring my map or Lost Mine into the equation. You're going off on how lost Mine's removal is unfair and how Vida Cova is here but has OP items; I wasn't even talking about any of that in the first place. It feels you're trying to personally hit me, and its irritating, as I never wanted to talk about whether the removal was necessarily fair or not in the first place. I am simply refuting your statement that the same rule should have the same punishment, which I find to not be necessarily true.

RedRavenMC

Career
Reaction score

Ok. The reason to why it was never added back was because the sr staff members did not want the map creators to have their VIP anymore because they were apparently bad influences. Personaly, I think the map creators were great and they were also great friends. I never saw any bad influences with them unless having a sense of humour is bad.

J

Joel/MadDawg

The fact of the matter is that with or without op items that map was not up to the standards of mcsg.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci