• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MAC help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bramdidly

Spectator
Reaction score
im using a macbook pro, runs other games such as diablo 3 really smoothly, but when playing mcsg i get a lot of delay, other players seem to jig around on the map and its impossible for me to kill anyone, from what iv read up on im getting FPS lag, iv done a few basic measures such as dedicating RAM space to minecraft, iv also downloaded a mod optifine, but not sure if i installed properly because there hasnt been much reduction in the lag.
if your a fellow mac user or just happen to have the solution your help would be extremely appreciated. thankyou.

Hystericallify

District 13
Reaction score
Not FPS lag, FPS lag is when you literally freeze and you literally can't control your movements.
What you're getting is connection lag = your internet connection couldn't keep up with the server so it just sends occasional infos therefore causing lag. Pretty much when you hit someone in A, he's actually already in B logically.
I'm on a MacBook Pro and FPS lag isn't much of a big thing, rather it rarely happens (2 GB dedicated).

bramdidly

Spectator
Reaction score
any idea how i can improve this without getting new internet ?
seems to work fine for other games

the_french_guy

Experienced
Reaction score
At the moments i get lag in servers and i have good internet. I think the servers have lag issues atm or they fixed it and i didnt notice. Maybe its just me and my 2 months old outdated optifine XD

Rashirim

Experienced
Reaction score
I have a macbook I had before a more or less similar problem but now its gone I didnt do anything really so it might be ur connection becaues where I was playing it was really bad or its just a bug that will get fixed

James.D

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
When you install Optifine, your ment to adjust the settings so that everything is off or reduced.

bramdidly

Spectator
Reaction score
ah k thanks guys il have a look at my connection and see if i can fix it, James im not sure if my optifine installing worked because nothings changed but i followed the tutorial perfectly so im not sure haha

James.D

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
ah k thanks guys il have a look at my connection and see if i can fix it, James im not sure if my optifine installing worked because nothings changed but i followed the tutorial perfectly so im not sure haha
Did you edit the options ingame?

bramdidly

Spectator
Reaction score
ummm im like really new to minecraft, what did you mean by that?

Xx_Nuclear_xX

Survivor
Reaction score
When you install optifine you get more video setting options, and when you go to options --> video settings, there will be more settings, and to reduce lag, you can turn some of the graphics enchanters off.

Im running on a MacBook Pro, and i have no problem as in "Fps Lag" but i do get server lag, cause im from indonesia and if i play at the US or EU Servers i lag ALOOOOTT. but if i play on the AU Servers i get not lag.

Hope this helps

bramdidly

Spectator
Reaction score
thanks that does help. i went to my video settings and have no new ones so im guessing i havent installed optifine properly so il have another look at that. thanks.

bramdidly

Spectator
Reaction score
When you install optifine you get more video setting options, and when you go to options --> video settings, there will be more settings, and to reduce lag, you can turn some of the graphics enchanters off.

Im running on a MacBook Pro, and i have no problem as in "Fps Lag" but i do get server lag, cause im from indonesia and if i play at the US or EU Servers i lag ALOOOOTT. but if i play on the AU Servers i get not lag.

Hope this helps
what version of optifine would you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci