• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MAC help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xx_Nuclear_xX

Survivor
Reaction score
when you go on minecraft, on the bottom left it says something like "Minecraft 1.-.- . mines says 1.3.1

bramdidly

Spectator
Reaction score
nah i figured out how to install it but now i cant open minecraft when its instaled, i just get blackscreen even before the main menu.

Xx_Nuclear_xX

Survivor
Reaction score
yea so the installation failed, hmm ill give ya a good youtube video to help ya out

Did you delete the META-INF folder?

bramdidly

Spectator
Reaction score
thanks yeah that vid helped heaps, working fine now, thanks heaps dude!

Acathine

Experienced
Reaction score
yeah iv tried installing optifine 1.2.5 numerous times, deleting the META-INF folder, but now im getting blackscreens and cant find a solution online, lol just having on going troubles, if you know how to fix the blackscreen that would be a great help.
I would advise doing a complete reinstall of vanilla Minecraft first (open the MC launcher and select 'force update' in the options section). Wait for that to complete, then close Minecraft and open the Optifine .zip and the Minecraft .jar in WinRAR. Then drag the files in the .zip file across to the Minecraft .jar file. Delete META-INF. Start Minecraft and it should now work.

May I also note that you are trying to install Optifine 1.2.5. The latest version is 1.3.2, here. You need to install this version if you are using Minecraft 1.3.2.

Edit: Seems like you've got the problem sorted then. Really should've refreshed the page before I posted.

bramdidly

Spectator
Reaction score
I would advise doing a complete reinstall of vanilla Minecraft first (open the MC launcher and select 'force update' in the options section). Wait for that to complete, then close Minecraft and open the Optifine .zip and the Minecraft .jar in WinRAR. Then drag the files in the .zip file across to the Minecraft .jar file. Delete META-INF. Start Minecraft and it should now work.

May I also note that you are trying to install Optifine 1.2.5. The latest version is 1.3.2, here. You need to install this version if you are using Minecraft 1.3.2.

Edit: Seems like you've got the problem sorted then. Really should've refreshed the page before I posted.
Haha thanks anyway though, its a good guide though so anyone else who reads the thread can use it to fix their issues :D

Tkd184

Survivor
Reaction score
You dont need Modloader.. Btw. delete your META-INF in your .minecraft folder.
I don't delete my META-INF folder on my mac and optifine still works as it should :p Also, Bramdidly, if you're still having that FPS lag add me on skype "Tkd175" or "Tkd184" I'll help you fix it.

EDIT-------God, I really should start reading whole threads before posting ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci