• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Majority skipping

Iced94

Survivor
Reaction score
And maybe donators shouldn't have more skip votes (2,3,4) as it only requires a certain amount. They should still keep their extra votes for maps but maybe the extra skip votes could be removed as at the moment only 6 iron donators/4 gold donators/3 diamond donators have to skip for it to be active, so if 3 diamond donators enter and want to skip but no one else does, it will skip.

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Is skip being removed in MCSG V2? Hope so, it would solve a lot of issues regardless of the new 'no same map twice in a row' system.

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
I agree with this, if you get half a lobby of donors and some of them skip you aren't even getting that 50% of the people required to skip, just a small portion.

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I agree with this, if you get half a lobby of donors and some of them skip you aren't even getting that 50% of the people required to skip, just a small portion.
And cos a lot of the donors are 8 yr old breeze and sg4 fanboys who don't care about any of the other maps, a small flock of them can easily keep the server skipping until either Breeze, SG4, or Solar Frost comes into play :/

IamAaron626

Spectator
Reaction score
Any amount that is "50% +1" seems to make sense, but 18 seems a little much. 16 might be a more agreeable amount. Otherwise, I really like the idea and I think that implementing will definitely allow for the use of a greater variety of maps, like you said.
Also kaiomann, I like your idea to reduce the amount of skips to 1. If not 1, then at least 2.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I think 18 is a bit too many. Maybe something like 14/16 skip votes to skip.

sabshupe101

Career
Reaction score
This is a great idea, but this won't work. An iron donor's skip counts as 2, golds' count as three, and diamonds' are 4.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
This is a great idea, but this won't work. An iron donor's skip counts as 2, golds' count as three, and diamonds' are 4.
So? If you put that into consideration it isn't even half the server right now. So it really just adds a couple votes, it will work fine.

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Wow, I had thought this was a good idea, but nobody really looked at it. It's cool to see the buzz it's getting!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci