• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Make MCSG better. Not worse. AWARENESS.

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
My name is Captain | Lqzer, and I approve this message.

Seriously, Dave does more work than almost anyone on the whole staff team. He is an extremely nice guy who has a great sense of humor. Dave isn't scary; he is one of the nicest guys you could meet.

Many community members think that what I am saying is crap. They feel that being staff completely changes how you view the community. And you know what? They're right. Except in the totally wrong way! I finally can see the real truth being part of the staff.

How many of you who are saying things about Dave have ever talked to him personally over voice chat via Teamspeak? Probably less than 5% of you. The community hears rumors, and spreads them around like wildfire. Much of the community is running around like chickens with their heads cut off, it's completely ridiculous!!

People hear things, and assume it's true. Thus, rumors spread and hate begins to develop.

But think about this: what if you were constantly abused and insulted by others for things you didn't do? Wouldn't you get a bit frustrated? Dave has done absolutely nothing that is or was uncalled for. He did not, or never will, insult, abuse, or offend someone on the offensive side. If it comes to that, it is purely out of defense and defense alone.

Dave does a ton of work for the community, and members who don't think he should be staff have either a) done something bad and faced consequences, b) never talked to him ever, c) jumped on the bandwagon blindly without ANY knowledge, or d) a combination of the above.

To further prove my point about the lack of the community's knowledge, here's an example:

Around a week ago, a certain user was banned for breaking the rules. However, the community assumed things, and demanded that he be set "free" because he did nothing wrong. What he did would have gotten anyone banned who did the same thing, and was completely fair! Anyone who doesn't agree either doesn't know the whole story, was told false information, assumed things, or is completely blind. If you don't know what I'm talking about, don't bother asking.

The staff does not make biased decisions. All decisions made are 100% fair, and if they aren't, we will apologize for them.

If you don't agree and think this is a load of crap, then you're just like everyone else: running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

I challenge anyone who disagrees with this to comment listing reasons politely and civilized why they disagree and provide facts to back it up. I guarantee nobody will be able to disprove anything I have stated.

Any flame, abuse, or pointless comments on this thread will be promptly deleted. Well thought out and civilized comments only, please!

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
I disagree with this.
I disagree with a lot and agree with a lot of things said in this video about this specific person, however it would be inappropriate for me to say my opinion. Therefore I shall not say.
Since we all have a right to our own opinion I disagree with a lot of the video. But it was an excellent idea to create it.
If so many people have been saying these things, I think there is something wrong that people have to address.
And arena doesn't deserve to be treated right?

Now I would write an extremely long text stating my opinion, but it would most likely just get deleted so I won't waste my time doing that.
Do you have any facts or anything to back up why you disagree? If so, then by all means state them in a thoughtful and polite matter! They won't get deleted if you do so.

If you have nothing true to back up your claims, I suggest you rethink your opinions.

Binct

Career
Reaction score
If so many people have been saying these things, I think there is something wrong that people have to address.
If you are talking about punishment, that will only make matters worse. As it has happened many times in MCSG. I can give examples if you'd like.
Do you have any facts or anything to back up why you disagree? If so, then by all means state them in a thoughtful and polite matter! They won't get deleted if you do so.

If you have nothing true to back up your claims, I suggest you rethink your opinions.
Why would you delete it, it's simply their opinion. Opinions have to be voiced inside MCSG to make it better. It's not like any of them were doing in a rude manner, anyways.

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
If you are talking about punishment, that will only make matters worse. As it has happened many times in MCSG. I can give examples if you'd like.

Why would you delete it, it's simply their opinion. Opinions have to be voiced inside MCSG to make it better. It's not like any of them were doing in a rude manner, anyways.
I said I wouldn't delete anything. :p

Echo/Haydn

Platinum
Reaction score

Seriously, Dave does more work than almost anyone on the whole staff team. He is an extremely nice guy who has a great sense of humor. Dave isn't scary; he is one of the nicest guys you could meet.

Many community members think that what I am saying is crap. They feel that being staff completely changes how you view the community. And you know what? They're right. Except in the totally wrong way! I finally can see the real truth being part of the staff.

How many of you who are saying things about Dave have ever talked to him personally over voice chat via Teamspeak? Probably less than 5% of you. The community hears rumors, and spreads them around like wildfire. Much of the community is running around like chickens with their heads cut off, it's completely ridiculous!!

People hear things, and assume it's true. Thus, rumors spread and hate begins to develop.

But think about this: what if you were constantly abused and insulted by others for things you didn't do? Wouldn't you get a bit frustrated? Dave has done absolutely nothing that is or was uncalled for. He did not, or never will, insult, abuse, or offend someone on the offensive side. If it comes to that, it is purely out of defense and defense alone.

Dave does a ton of work for the community, and members who don't think he should be staff have either a) done something bad and faced consequences, b) never talked to him ever, c) jumped on the bandwagon blindly without ANY knowledge, or d) a combination of the above.

To further prove my point about the lack of the community's knowledge, here's an example:

Around a week ago, a certain user was banned for breaking the rules. However, the community assumed things, and demanded that he be set "free" because he did nothing wrong. What he did would have gotten anyone banned who did the same thing, and was completely fair! Anyone who doesn't agree either doesn't know the whole story, was told false information, assumed things, or is completely blind. If you don't know what I'm talking about, don't bother asking.

The staff does not make biased decisions. All decisions made are 100% fair, and if they aren't, we will apologize for them.

If you don't agree and think this is a load of crap, then you're just like everyone else: running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

I challenge anyone who disagrees with this to comment listing reasons politely and civilized why they disagree and provide facts to back it up. I guarantee nobody will be able to disprove anything I have stated.

Any flame, abuse, or pointless comments on this thread will be promptly deleted. Well thought out and civilized comments only, please!
<3

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
(gosh darn, that's some nice background music.)

First of all, this my opinion and point of view. I'd appreciate it if it was not censored, although if you feel that it invades anyone's privacy then please let me know so that I can edit it.
I agree with some points of this, and disagree with others.

First off, some good things.
He does do a lot of work for MCSG. He quit his job (I think) in order to dedicate more time to MCSG, proving how dedicated he is.
Some of the people bashing Dave have been very rude about how they conduct themselves. If they want to do something about him, the proper way is talking to Admins, emailing Chad, and maybe even trying to have a face-to-face conversation with Dave himself.
Probably the only reason he has grammatical errors is because of his dyslexia, which I have heard he is working hard to fix.
He is a leader of one of the most well-known map building teams in MCSG. Without him, some of the maps that MCSG has currently may not be here, or could be very different.

And then, some not so good things.
He has ignored the punishment system before, in order to carry out consequences of his own preference. I only know of a few instances.
His dyslexia can occasionally affect his ability to communicate with someone who doesn't yet know that he is dyslexic, and they may misinterpret him. This is rare, but can happen if someone reads too quickly.

Also, in my personal experience, I have seen him blow up at me for agreeing with another user who pointed out a very valid but small mistake that he made.
He said, "Little reminder, I answer to chad not users. Please talk to me with the respect i have earned. If you have a problem message me. Do not try to show me up in public thank you."
If we were actually trying to "show him up," then I wouldn't have taken offense at this. I PM'ed him, and he apologized and blamed it on his dyslexia. There was some other messages sent back and forth, but I won't include that.
I, personally, put this behind me, but it's an example.

(I was going to write some more, but my League game is about to start. I'll edit this later if I think of something else to say.)

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
And arena doesn't deserve to be treated right?

Now I would write an extremely long text stating my opinion, but it would most likely just get deleted so I won't waste my time doing that.
Can I ask who arenamaster is???

ImTheNarwhal

District 13
Reaction score

This was written with a good point. The problem is, if a community member does something wrong, he/she can be dealt with accordingly. A regular member doesn't have any responsibilities. From the certain petition that went around, I've seen the confrontation. The reason that screenshot; to me anyway, was wrong, was because Dave has a position of authority. He's in a position where needs to have the highest maturity and etiqutte. I have nothing particularly wrong with him, but what was said on his part was uncalled for.

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score

Iv'e seen evidence, which I shall not exploit not because i cant be bothered or i know your right, but because im sure Dave does a lot and he does, however from what ive seen over social media is not very appetizing.

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
This was written with a good point. The problem is, if a community member does something wrong, he/she can be dealt with accordingly. A regular member doesn't have any responsibilities. From the certain petition that went around, I've seen the confrontation. The reason that screenshot; to me anyway, was wrong, was because Dave has a position of authority. He's in a position where needs to have the highest maturity and etiqutte. I have nothing particularly wrong with him, but what was said on his part was uncalled for.
If you were in the situation where you were getting constantly harassed, you'd probably reach your breaking point as well...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci