• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Make MCSG better. Not worse. AWARENESS.

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Honestly, I disagree with most of the persons replies in that petition.
Dave has helped so much, although he has made some mistakes he has also made a lot for MCGamer.
I always say he is a good person —despite not even knowing him (However, I know he is good, a good guy, he is human)—, but also I say that the mistakes he has done, yes he fixed most of them, but most of these are what makes most of the people hate him...
Dave might not be the best at grammar and vocabulary, but thats up to him...

Probably Dave won't do this, but if he apologized to Arena I'm sure some things would change.

Also, one of these comments said "MCSG went downhill when Dave became Admin".... Thats obviously not true... I personally think MCSG is at its highest, however I also think when Vareide left staff became more lazy.

I suggest not hating on Dave... Would any of you would like this hate? Honestly, its not about demoting him, its about talking about the problems and how can we could fix them...

Dave

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This was long before this happened.
Also, if he's getting harassed, he could take a break. He could also look into why there leaving comments like that. He can improve from that. Dave's not innocent. Neither is the community.
Just saying i was on holiday (My break) when all this started.
In my eyes is the community something that Life855/ Dave cares about more than anyone else. He Takes his Jobs serious. He works 12 hours normally a day. He's there ALL the time for MCGamer. I almost cry wacthing 'our' comments! The hashtag for him, #DaveIsNotAFail2014
praticly 24 hours a day as i get woken up in the middle of the night to deal with things.

Binct

Career
Reaction score
You said you could give me examples.
About when punishment for talking against Staff has made matters worse?
One example is OnlyMathias, he was banned for speaking against the Staff after being moderator for awhile. He was just voicing his opinion and he got perm-banned. What did this do? This merely made people dislike Staff even more.

Also, I do not think Dave should be demoted or anything, I personally don't even know why people don't like him. He has done a lot for these servers. I'm just stating how people shouldn't be punished for voicing their opinions.

Sench

Diamond
Reaction score
Umm.....no one on the MCG staff is an absolute saint either. That seems to be what you're implying. Also, by "works", he (most likely) isn't employed (which is what I meant by calling them non-profit as all the would-be "employees" are volunteers). He's there within the limits of his time. He, like most staff higher than regular moderator, is also difficult to get in touch with. Most of the staff higher than senior mod is usually unreachable through the forum PM system, Teamspeak (poke and PM), and e-mail.

If they don't think you're worth replying to, then your message is "conveniently" lost in the shuffle, spam-filtered, or - in the case of Teamspeak - doesn't get through at all since most admin-ranked staff or higher have Don't Poke/Don't Message on. To Dave's credit, he at least leaves "Don't Message" off. Due to the difference in his timezone to my Pacific one though, I rarely get PMs to him successfully and even more rarely hear replies back from any staff I send TS PMs to then have to go offline.

This isn't a rant at any particular person. It's just my continued rant that the senior staff should be more accessible to the people.
As the video is more about Dave getting hated, I thought that my little paragraph would benefit the theme well. And no, I am not trying to say that no one is better than another or whatever you tried to tell me. I just hate how people are so busy of getting Staff Members demoted when Staff Members is what we will need more of in our community.

Dave

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
About when punishment for talking against Staff has made matters worse?
One example is OnlyMathias, he was banned for speaking against the Staff after being moderator for awhile. He was just voicing his opinion and he got perm-banned. What did this do? This merely made people dislike Staff even more.

Also, I do not think Dave should be demoted or anything, I personally don't even know why people don't like him. He has done a lot for these servers. I'm just stating how people shouldn't be punished for voicing their opinions.
it the way they do it it sould be in a calm private manner not in a public scene.

Tyco

Career
Reaction score
Also don't just email them staying "ojoonw THE SERVER SUKZ U SHULD B DEMOTED UR BAD AT UR JOB!" At least try to give constructive criticism on what they have to improve and maybe give a possible solution or two.

Binct

Career
Reaction score
it the way they do it it sould be in a calm private manner not in a public scene.
You have a point, but perm-banning a moderator for voicing their opinion is sort of extreme for that. This may be biased due to the fact I am perm-banned as well and I dislike somethings staff do because of it.

Sench

Diamond
Reaction score
You have a point, but perm-banning a moderator for voicing their opinion is sort of extreme for that. This may be biased due to the fact I am perm-banned as well and I dislike somethings staff do because of it.
True fact, Binct, were you permanently banned? I always thought that you were Temporary banned

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci