• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Make MCSG better. Not worse. AWARENESS.

NotCanziano

Diamond
Reaction score
I feel that I am 50 / 50 with this video, especially with this part: http://prntscr.com/3h4axy

Of course people make mistakes, that what makes non robots, but I feel that there is a limit to how many times you can do that mistakes, I haven't seen or experienced everything that people said, the only 2 times I've been interacted with Dave was when I got kicked for calling him a "Im insulting someones family and I should feel bad" and when I sang "What is Life" in the OMN to him (good times). The rest of the stuff I've seen were from stories / screenshots of conversation and stuff like that (yes, I've seen quite a bit of information if I could say so to myself). What annoys me that I haven't seen staff members saying that they were "wrong" when I felt that it was indeed a mistake, I may just be blind and haven't noticed it, but I just didn't see that happen from my experience. Although I agree with that part that if you have any problems go to the TeamSpeak and talk with a staff member about it, I've been into a conversation like that the day I got banned and when me and 2 other players were in a conversation with a couple senior staff members about The_Arena_Master's thread, the reason is because that when you are in a conversation with them, it actually gets serious rather than making a petition where they obviously give a damn about. I am not sure if I am allowed to say it, but if there is a moment where I felt that Dave has used his powers for no good reason was in a clan war that TeamSypher had against Nitride, I do not remember on which map it was, but I know that one of Nitride members got trapped into a place which he wasn't meant to GET OUT (I capitalized it because it will be important), and he got TP'd out by Dave because he was in the clan when the event happened.

Moving on, I won't say that I will change my mind towards Dave, but I can look up to the staff and have some faith in them, especially with the project that's been going on in EU in order to decrease the amount of rule breakers on the EU region (there are too many and I'm glad it's happening). I think that I went out a bit of the topic of the thread, but I felt like expressing my opinion on this subject.

I might ask Jack to add more stuff into it as I am forum banned forever (cri evrytim). But I hope that I stated my opinion clear enough. And before I will go, I'd just like to say sorry for the drama that I have caused by copying Arena's thread into a file and giving people the link to upload it. I hope that the staff members will forgive me for that :c

Signing out, TNTime12.

P.S: Pls don't shoot the messenger. ;-;

Echo/Haydn

Platinum
Reaction score
I feel that I am 50 / 50 with this video, especially with this part: http://prntscr.com/3h4axy

Of course people make mistakes, that what makes non robots, but I feel that there is a limit to how many times you can do that mistakes, I haven't seen or experienced everything that people said, the only 2 times I've been interacted with Dave was when I got kicked for calling him a "Im insulting someones family and I should feel bad" and when I sang "What is Life" in the OMN to him (good times). The rest of the stuff I've seen were from stories / screenshots of conversation and stuff like that (yes, I've seen quite a bit of information if I could say so to myself). What annoys me that I haven't seen staff members saying that they were "wrong" when I felt that it was indeed a mistake, I may just be blind and haven't noticed it, but I just didn't see that happen from my experience. Although I agree with that part that if you have any problems go to the TeamSpeak and talk with a staff member about it, I've been into a conversation like that the day I got banned and when me and 2 other players were in a conversation with a couple senior staff members about The_Arena_Master's thread, the reason is because that when you are in a conversation with them, it actually gets serious rather than making a petition where they obviously give a damn about. I am not sure if I am allowed to say it, but if there is a moment where I felt that Dave has used his powers for no good reason was in a clan war that TeamSypher had against Nitride, I do not remember on which map it was, but I know that one of Nitride members got trapped into a place which he wasn't meant to GET OUT (I capitalized it because it will be important), and he got TP'd out by Dave because he was in the clan when the event happened.

Moving on, I won't say that I will change my mind towards Dave, but I can look up to the staff and have some faith in them, especially with the project that's been going on in EU in order to decrease the amount of rule breakers on the EU region (there are too many and I'm glad it's happening). I think that I went out a bit of the topic of the thread, but I felt like expressing my opinion on this subject.

I might ask Jack to add more stuff into it as I am forum banned forever (cri evrytim). But I hope that I stated my opinion clear enough. And before I will go, I'd just like to say sorry for the drama that I have caused by copying Arena's thread into a file and giving people the link to upload it. I hope that the staff members will forgive me for that :c

Signing out, TNTime12.

P.S: Pls don't shoot the messenger. ;-;
dat clan game , we never counted it anyway so :p and it was fortune Island

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
dat clan game , we never counted it anyway so :p and it was fortune Island
The fact still stands that he was willing and able to use his Administrator privileges in order to do something potentially game-changing, and showed favoritism towards someone for personal/friendship reasons.
On the other hand, if the person had gotten in there because of a glitch or something that was MCSG's fault, then and only then would it have been justified for him to do so.

Echo/Haydn

Platinum
Reaction score
The fact still stands that he was willing and able to use his Administrator privileges in order to do something potentially game-changing, and showed favoritism towards someone for personal/friendship reasons.
On the other hand, if the person had gotten in there because of a glitch or something that was MCSG's fault, then and only then would it have been justified for him to do so.
He didn't break any rule, check the rules, if your stuck in a hole, an admin is allowed to TP you out if the trap doesn't kill you.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
He didn't break any rule, check the rules, if your stuck in a hole, an admin is allowed to TP you out if the trap doesn't kill you.
As far I know and have seen, there is no rule that states that explicitly, and I just read the rules in order to check if that was in fact a rule.
I have, however, seen this rule:
1. Respect all staff members and their decisions
And this one:
15. These rules are subject to change at any time
And I suppose that would be able to justify his actions, as he could, if he so wished, have enough power to be exempt from these rules.
Edit: However, one could also argue that if he did so, then he would be abusing his powers, which is why I'm sure he has not done that.

Brandon6895

Platinum
Reaction score
Dave has as much to learn from these comments as those who, like myself, had disagreements with Dave in the past. However, unlike me, these people dislike Dave as a person. All of my issues have been with MCGamer policy - most of which were not created and written by just him.

In the long run, I would very much appreciate it if Chad Dunbar did take charge a bit more. Though I cannot claim to have seen behind the curtain, to the public eye, Chad is the Queen of England and the devs and admins are the Parliament, seemingly doing all the work. Dude, if you don't know Java that well, go to Cal Poly and take some classes. If you don't want to be a jack-of-all-trades, Mr. Everything, then at least explain that to us. Tell us why you and the devs delegate so much responsibility TO Dave.

In my experience, Dave and wooders1996 have been quite professional when inflicting disciplinary action and/or in cases that require a certain level of public relations (such as ban disputes). I wouldn't necessarily call Dave a dictator. Yes, the map committee could meet a little more often so that people like @cadbane234 get their work recognized a bit sooner. However, even if he might appear grumpy some days, perhaps all the perceived "power" Dave has is what's actually making him seem like a "dictator." I'd imagine Dave wouldn't appreciate being used as a devmin scapegoat (which is theoretically far more plausible).

Other than that, this whole "corruption" factor has been blown way out of proportion. If it didn't make me sound like a total jerk, I'd attribute it to the young overall age of the MCG member base. I could name a few people on the MCG staff who could improve in a wide variety of ways, but Dave isn't anywhere near the top of the list now that I know a bit more about him and his backstory. Antster, since I've never really had more than two conversations with the boy, isn't really for me to judge.

Granted, the player base most likely is mistaking Dave's and Ant's....sometimes....gruffer demeanors as rude or insensitive. They're merely taking the job seriously. What, do you want staff that's all caffeinated bubbles, laughing, and smiles? NO! MCGamer is an authentic gaming organization that requires administrative decisions in any department to contain a certain amount of weight. They're a non-profit business and they need to treat it as such.

My apologies for the rambling nature of these above paragraphs. I don't particularly plan out my thoughts too well when writing on my phone. It comes from the heart while the head is off, checking the grammar. Anywho, even though I'd like to think of myself as one of MCG's biggest policy critics, hope you enjoyed my defense of thee. Ironically, I did pay $75 for reasons other than the perks.
I was reading this laying on my bed last nigh and I got stung in the arm by a wasp. First time I've ever been stung by a wasp or anything. D:

Besides that, good read.

Dave

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Just saying on that clan match people only say i did wrong cuz bic was never informed enough in anything to know the rules so he said we were not allowed
If a player is stuck in a trap that does not kill them they may be teleported out by an Admin
we are allowed to do that and i would do it for anyone as it is the rules and our policy and the person in question was stuck in the redstone workings of the map where you are not ment to be so hey another examply of people A) not listening to us or saying they did listen where they dident and B) people not checking there facts before commenting. also i sore someone saying why dont the staff post replys i for one dont as you can see from this post i am very bad at righting as a lot of people know and a lot of the people saying things against me latly and in this thread have attcked or abused me for which is soooo not cool JS.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Just saying on that clan match people only say i did wrong cuz bic was never informed enough in anything to know the rules so he said we were not allowed we are allowed to do that and i would do it for anyone as it is the rules and our policy and the person in question was stuck in the redstone workings of the map where you are not ment to be so hey another examply of people A) not listening to us or saying they did listen where they dident and B) people not checking there facts before commenting. also i sore someone saying why dont the staff post replys i for one dont as you can see from this post i am very bad at righting as a lot of people know and a lot of the people saying things against me latly and in this thread have attcked or abused me for which is soooo not cool JS.
This is ever-so slightly off-topic from this thread, but since you're in charge of maps and whatnot, do you have any plans to fix areas such as that one on Fortune Island, so that the players cannot reach the redstone?
Also, I'm assuming that you are referring to a one-block wide path that is underground, with a pressure plate that triggers an opening floor? If that is the case, then I'm pretty darn sure that the trap is supposed to be there, it's just that they aren't supposed to be able to access the redstone wiring.
This is just my personal suggestion, but if there are traps such as that, then perhaps either re-do them so that they do kill the players, remove them entirely, or change the current rule/policy so that teleporting players is not allowed in such cases. It's not really fair if one person is fortunate enough to have an Administrator teleport them out, whereas your average player is stuck there the rest of the game, simply because there are no Admins present to teleport them out, even if it is, as you claim, your "policy" to bring them out into freedom as long as the trap does not eliminate them from the game.

(However, if I am incorrect in assuming where the person was stuck on the map, and we're thinking of different areas, then I apologize. Echo mentioned it was on Fortune Island, and I know of only one such place within that map.)

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
"You won't get banned for speaking up" ok. Cut the lying now friend.

Just saying on that clan match people only say i did wrong cuz bic was never informed enough in anything to know the rules so he said we were not allowed we are allowed to do that and i would do it for anyone as it is the rules and our policy and the person in question was stuck in the redstone workings of the map where you are not ment to be so hey another examply of people A) not listening to us or saying they did listen where they dident and B) people not checking there facts before commenting. also i sore someone saying why dont the staff post replys i for one dont as you can see from this post i am very bad at righting as a lot of people know and a lot of the people saying things against me latly and in this thread have attcked or abused me for which is soooo not cool JS.
Also, Dave. No offense but people would take you much more seriously if you used proper grammar. Visual appeal is just as important as actually doing your joblol.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
"You won't get banned for speaking up" ok. Cut the lying now friend.

Also, Dave. No offense but people would take you much more seriously if you used proper grammar. Visual appeal is just as important as actually doing your joblol.
Dyslexia. He's working hard in order to fix it, but right now he doesn't really have much of a choice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci