• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Make MCSG better. Not worse. AWARENESS.

Kraken

Mapping Team Lead
Reaction score
I was saving this for the still conceptual speech night...but I feel this is more deserving.

Through this hardship is where it all started
even now I cant grasp it
because I dont know where we went wrong but somewhere along the line
we decided that scoring a win was more important that our team mates.
Playing this game went from an up hill struggle to improve,
to a downhill spiral of abuse.
At what stage did we decide that we were any better
Like we never made the same mistake of going outside the DM arena.
and instead of showing some patience we were filled with hatred.
and now when I see a player raging at someone failing I can feel my heart breaking
because I know that player we've been labelling as toxic,
is someone we created.
And I hate it.
and recently I can't seem to get a single game where we all treat each other decently.
It eats me to log into Sg to see people teasing and criticizing each other
just because someone had a disagreement.
I've already got 23 enmies on the other side, why should I have to deal with 5 more on mine
jusy because of that one baron time I miss-timed my shot.
People talk about this community like theyre not part of it
but we are and there's no masking it.
If MCGamer were a living thing we'd be the heart of it.
And the heart beat has stopped so right now we're jump starting it.
I love SG but I hate playing it.
You want to see a change? take your pick
My reason is plain as this, I wanna get that feeling back of being in a match with
complete strangers but feel like im playing with people who I have known my entire life.
so lets bring that back
I miss feelin that.
You have the be the change, you wish to see in the world.
So change

R4ng

Platinum
Reaction score
This is a great video and extremely well done. Good job ^.^

TasteOfReality

Spectator
Reaction score
... It's just a game...

EDIT:
Seems like Dave, Arena, and Virtual talked about the petition, and the recent stuff that has been going on and Arena deleted the petition. (If you have a link to it - you can see.)

StevAndi98

Tribute
Reaction score
Good Video man =) but I still think something needs to be done about the lack of active staff of the AU Servers because there are hackers everywhere and im sure im not the only one that feels this way.

ImToxic21

Platinum
Reaction score
This is so true and i completely agree. we should all respect the staff, which is the 1st rule, so why aren't we? The MCgamer community was once a lovely and peaceful place but now people like to argue, hate, spam and just annoy people. Why can't people be happy and respect what they have. If they don't like the admins/mods/members who are all doing there job right. Then leave.

The_Great_Tito

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
they won't bite you or anything, and you won't get banned for speaking your opinions to them. What you do wrong is speak your opinions to the full community when talking to the admins about it is a completely safe route.
Shouldn't the community be a place to safely discuss opinions?

The_Man

Career
Reaction score
How about we make it easier on ourselves to contact them... Take off Don't Poke...

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
Alright, alright...
There are numerous points, concepts, and ideas that I wish to espouse, but I simply can't with my resources at hand.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PREFACE:
Keep in mind, the shortened amount of text I am about to type displays my belief that both staff members and players are in the wrong.
In no way am I trying to intentionally cause conflict. I am using these forums as they are meant to be: To openly discuss and express personal opinions in a civilized, respectful way.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For months and months, many users have been upset with this community and the staff, in particular. While I do disagree with many opinions, decisions, and actions made by various people, it's not fair to dump the blame on the "Staff" as it's not a single entity. Many moderators, such as Avaline, do a near perfect job. On that note, they need to be publicly recognized and thanked. As for the staff members who, quite literally, screw up, their actions need to remain private, for it does little to no good for uninvolved people to know about. '

So, without a doubt, the majority of fingers are pointed at Dave, mostly in a negative way. I've known Dave for quite a bit. I've also known him on a more personal level, outside of the "work-environment". He's a person, with a personality bearing both negative and positive aspects, like most of anyone. Have I disagreed with some of his staff calls? Well, yes...I have. I have nothing to hide: I do disagree with some of his choices. Dave, who I'm sure will read this, more than likely admits to making mistakes. Really, if you play on the servers, abiding by all rules, you really don't have to interact with any Sr. Staff members, admins included. I haven't seen any first-hand actions by Dave that suggest detrimental after-effects on the server. If Dave was as bad as some describe, he really just wouldn't be an admin anymore. Chad has had a long history of trust-breaking staff that has severely damaged his current trust with staff members. Seeing as Dave devotes as much time as he does, and considering how long he's been an admin for, Chad will keep Dave, assuming he doesn't really screw up. Any further opinions I have on this specific matter will not be publicly expressed, as they are extreme.

In general, you really shouldn't be afraid to talk to admins. I personally recommend keeping an audio recording of the conversation (permission preferable) , for both the safety and integrity of the admin and player.

This is just the tip of the iceberg, in terms of the ideas I wish I could espouse. Before sharing any more ideas on other topics, I'd like to see some responses first.

I can't stress the validity of my expressed ideas and points. I've been here for longer than most, and, as such, have "seen it all".
I type with relatively unknown information resonating within the back of my head. Such information is unknown to many player, moderators, senior moderators, and heck, even some admins! Just please, keep this in mind while reading/responding to my post(s). ;)

Last edited:

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
In general, you really shouldn't be afraid to talk to admins. I personally recommend keeping an audio recording of the conversation, for both the safety and integrity of the admin and player.
With permission, of course. It really isn't fun to be recorded without your knowledge and consent.

How about we make it easier on ourselves to contact them... Take off Don't Poke...
It ain't as simple as that. A lot of moderators can tell you that they get an extreme amount of pokes while on TeamSpeak. Senior moderators get more, mostly about applications. And admins... they get pokes in relation to hackers, applications, and more. Pokes are also extremely annoying. You get a headache once you've received so many, and messaging and email is honestly the best way to get in contact with them.

The_Man

Career
Reaction score
Alright, alright...
There are numerous points, concepts, and ideas that I wish to espouse, but I simply can't with my resources at hand.
PREFACE:
Keep in mind, the shortened amount of text I am about to type displays my belief that both staff members and players are in the wrong.

;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci