• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Map Donations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbo905

Spectator
Reaction score
I understand that you're looking to us to create and donate our maps to our server, something I'd be very interested in doing! Although what sort of size are we looking at? I was wondering if we could have some better specifications such as the radius of the arena, how many slots it should have, what sort of features you would like and so on.

Arkandji

Tribute
Reaction score
Although I'm not part of the team in any way I'd suggest you take your own ideas regarding the overall terrain that is given and the layout.

I've started mapping for the SurvivalGames aswell and I felt like a 256 radius (that's 512 circular diameter) sphere was just good enough for a small map, about 350 radius is quite big and 512 radius is a very large area.

The original map has a radius of 500 from the center point, so the overall lenght is 1000 blocks. That being optimized atm for 24+ players.

I feel like the original map is "simply too big" so in case you have less water around or less flat areas, about 250-400 radius is just fine.

Obviously I dunno if Chad and the guys that are accepting and revisiting maps will accept smaller maps but I couldnt imagine why they wouldnt if they are well made.

And I'm also sure that there will be a need of various sized maps in the future so just go for it. My advice ;)

Cory

Tribute
Reaction score
I'd say base the size of the map off the original, slightly smaller is fine, but keep a minimum of 24 players, We're also looking for a 48 players map too.

Not sure if we're going to have a dome to restrict the area (Best idea, so we don't have to add another plugin) unless we add in a WorldBorder type plugin to where it's not needed.

Robbo905

Spectator
Reaction score
I can do domes easily. *Rolls up sleeves and brings out his wooden axe, arrow and gunpowder* Let's do this!

Cory

Tribute
Reaction score
I can do domes easily. *Rolls up sleeves and brings out his wooden axe, arrow and gunpowder* Let's do this!
WorldEdit and/or VoxelSniper (Never used, can be dangerous) for the win!

K

Karoleigh

LOL

VoxelSniper is not *THAT* dangerous... It's very useful in the right hands. :p

Arkandji

Tribute
Reaction score
I believe all you need is a good seed, world edit or voxel sniper and a mind full of creativity and ideas :D
Maybe a little bit of mania doesnt hurt when creating traps and such as well :D

Cory

Tribute
Reaction score
Yeah, We over at MCM (BebopVox Server) will probably going to construct a map as a community.

Robbo905

Spectator
Reaction score
I was about to suggest, who wants to work as a team on building a map? I can host a small server locally if anyone was interested.

Cory

Tribute
Reaction score
Join: JustOneMoreBlock.com - If you want to help build.

We're building a 48 Player Server...

Adding: WorldEdit, VoxelSniper and maybe any other plugin we made need.

Robbo905

Spectator
Reaction score
Join: JustOneMoreBlock.com - If you want to help build.

We're building a 48 Player Server...

Adding: WorldEdit, VoxelSniper and maybe any other plugin we made need.
That website doesn't work. If that URL is actually the IP address, well that doesn't work either :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci