• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Map Donations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cory

Tribute
Reaction score
Not online yet, but will be in a second...It's a Minecraft Server...I have 12 GB out of 32 GB allocated too it.

Viscid

Spectator
Reaction score
I'd love to help out too, in any way I can. It's like Quake mapping all over again.

juanhbk1

Experienced
Reaction score
I was about to suggest, who wants to work as a team on building a map? I can host a small server locally if anyone was interested.
Hey, Im already working on a jungle Hunger Games map, with lakes and a mountain, if you want reply back if you would like to work together :)

I have the starting area done and the landscape, all I need help with is the traps and to find a way to put the glass dome in :)

Cory

Tribute
Reaction score
Hey, Im already working on a jungle Hunger Games map, with lakes and a mountain, if you want reply back if you would like to work together :)

I have the starting area done and the landscape, all I need help with is the traps and to find a way to put the glass dome in :)
Use: CraftBukkit http://bukkit.org

Plugin: WorldEdit

At the spawn point dig down to like 20 blocks (or bedrock) and then do:

//hsphere glass 500

Arkandji

Tribute
Reaction score
If you guys need help with mapping, redstone contraptions or anything, send me a private message.

I'm currently using WorldPainter, SinglePlayerCommands and WorldEdit to create the terrain.

Hopefully a support forum for mapping will be created soon so we dont have to spam the suggestions :D

Robbo905

Spectator
Reaction score
If you guys need help with mapping, redstone contraptions or anything, send me a private message.

I'm currently using WorldPainter, SinglePlayerCommands and WorldEdit to create the terrain.

Hopefully a support forum for mapping will be created soon so we dont have to spam the suggestions :D
Hey Arkandji, is there anyway of seeing what work you've done so far? I'd love to take a look :)

Robbo905

Spectator
Reaction score
Furthermore, can our maps include TNT traps? None are included in the original, is it something we can use or not?

Arkandji

Tribute
Reaction score
Hey Arkandji, is there anyway of seeing what work you've done so far? I'd love to take a look :)
I'm Member of FyreUK (look it up on Youtube if you dont know them) and helped build in some of their timelapses. Other than that, I have no visuals to show.
I can although upload a small tutorial about how to create a map with WorldPainter and how to fool around with WorldEdit. Would take me a few days I guess since it's not a weekend atm.

Robbo905

Spectator
Reaction score
I'm Member of FyreUK (look it up on Youtube if you dont know them) and helped build in some of their timelapses. Other than that, I have no visuals to show.
I can although upload a small tutorial about how to create a map with WorldPainter and how to fool around with WorldEdit. Would take me a few days I guess since it's not a weekend atm.
Simply for being a member of that bunch you've gained my respect ;) Have you used a superflat world or a normal world?

Arkandji

Tribute
Reaction score
Well as I said, I'm using WorldPainter to create my own map.

I start with making a 1200 x 1200 area, everything water, added sand 1 level above the water (so I have very shallow water)
Then I add islands and terrain and such and lower the sea outwards into the ocean. That way I have a clear edge when I create a dome and outside of the dome will be only water for at least 10-20 junks.
Terraforming is easy with WorldPainter but it takes a long time to perfection. I'm currently practicing myself as I havent used it alot before.
The terrain looks very generic but for some reason it looks a lot more realistic than having a seed that is created by Minecraft.
With WorldEdit I'll do some more detailed work and then use it to create custom caves and hideouts, trees, houses, traps, etc.

I've never been much of an amazing scaling artist or somebody that is very good with architecture. I'm usually the guy for detail and redstone contraptions and especially surreal and creative inventions.
A while ago I've also created a Deathrun Map for Minecraft and a Parkour map. So yea, Traps and such are more the sort of stuff I'm good at.

kpwn243

Administrator
Reaction score
No tnt traps please. Simply put they are hard on servers and clients.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just to clarify a few things, this plugin was designed in mind to expand it to as many slots as we want. We can even program a 100+ tribute hunger game match if we wanted to. To keep it simple, for now we are looking for 24 or 48 slot maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci