• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Map Updates -=2/9/2014=- "Spring Cleaning" Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
You kidding me... you remove Fortune Island, an actually good map. Then you add SG Ancient Japan which is going to just be even more underplayed... also, at least move Fortune Island to 48 players, the map is not underplayed at all. If SG4, Breeze, Valleyside, and Holiday aren't there it almost always gets picked. Same goes with Wyvern's. Why not just remove the OP items and fix the terrible tiering (which is your own fault, since I believe MCSG mods tier the maps.)
[EDIT]: Treacherous Heights removed? YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!
[EDIT2]: I just saw Boombeard's in the voting system :p bug much?
[EDIT3]: Also saw Rugged Lands, forgot to say how that map was awesome, there was literally 1 OP item that everyone knows where it is. Is it that hard to remove? (The regen potion is op, but I don't think the hobo stick is, imo.)

Last edited:

Dave

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You can claim all that you want that there was no bias in that choice but many maps on the forums are clearly better in terms of build quality and gameplay. Examples include waterfall resort, all the discovery works maps, eye of horus, etc. The fact that treacherous heights was removed does not change the fact that your new map was chosen over the others due to the bias of the committee; treacherous heights had to go it was played so little that I imagine that there was very few reasons even though it is a good looking map. I am not openly hating on you; I have nothing against you. What I openly hate on is your choice of which map to add, there is a rather big difference between the two
chad said to put winds of change on not the map committee

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I can agree that Wyvern's Wake was really good, but unfortunately the map creator has hidden tons of OP items where they were not disclosed to us to remove. Once he complies, we may add it back.
Regarding Vida Cova having too many OP items...
I dont remember ever actually being told there were any, let alone asked to remove them

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
Map committee:
•The only problems with Wyverns are easy to fix just get rid of the sword and enchant bottles (maybe something else.)
• I didn't like fortune island but in my opinion it was overplayed winning against sg 4 half the time.
•Bowser didn't fix the chest outside of cow face on twsg 2 you have to move to the side and almost anyone can figure it out.
*•Breeze Island 2 more than half the chests spawn empty and there are very few tier 2s (same problem with tsg3 which was also a Hive exclusive originally) and a lot of players are invisible.
*•On Ancient Japan you can't leave your spawn area and get to corn
•Breeze Island (1) has 2-3 tier 2s on the entire maps now I completely think thats a problem especially because they're right next to each other.
•US Servers gravel trap on sg4 is messed up
• Destiny/s Shiver, Fallen Haven, and The Fallen Collosi are probably the most underplayed maps of all and deserve to be taken out for being underplayed if fortune Island was, and if Destiny/s Shiver isn't being taken out, it has been messed up for months and I really don't see it as that hard to fix the name...

Most of these problems are easy fixs and would take about 1 day of work but I don't really see the map committee fixing many problems ever since a map is added and the problems with breeze island 2 and ancient japan really show how much effort is made with the maps.
On the topic of Destiny/'s Shiver and The Fallen Collosi, I don't think they'll be taken out because they did win the PMC contest, along with Avarcia.

Eravonia

Survivor
Reaction score
On the topic of Destiny/'s Shiver and The Fallen Collosi, I don't think they'll be taken out because they did win the PMC contest, along with Avarcia.
Actually, Destiny's Shiver and Fallen Collosi will be removed soon.

Keep wyverns and remove the OP items. That's not that hard, is it?
Well yeah, it's sounds pretty simply but finding all the items it self is pretty hard. They've only checked 1/8 of the map and found pretty op'd stuff this includes:

• 3 Diamond Swords
  • 3 stacks of Enchantment Bottles
  • 3 stacks of Iron
  • 2 stacks of Gold
  • 5 stacks of Coal
  • 1 stack of Cooked Food
This is a Lost Mine situation, where the amount of things on the map has gone way too far.

With the maps mentioned like Destiny's Shiver, and Fallen Colossi, those will likely be removed soon, as they were so underplayed that they slipped our mind when discussing what to remove >.<

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
Map committee:
•The only problems with Wyverns are easy to fix just get rid of the sword and enchant bottles (maybe something else.)
• I didn't like fortune island but in my opinion it was overplayed winning against sg 4 half the time.
•Bowser didn't fix the chest outside of cow face on twsg 2 you have to move to the side and almost anyone can figure it out.
*•Breeze Island 2 more than half the chests spawn empty and there are very few tier 2s (same problem with tsg3 which was also a Hive exclusive originally) and a lot of players are invisible.
*•On Ancient Japan you can't leave your spawn area and get to corn
•Breeze Island (1) has 2-3 tier 2s on the entire maps now I completely think thats a problem especially because they're right next to each other.
•US Servers gravel trap on sg4 is messed up
• Destiny/s Shiver, Fallen Haven, and The Fallen Collosi are probably the most underplayed maps of all and deserve to be taken out for being underplayed if fortune Island was, and if Destiny/s Shiver isn't being taken out, it has been messed up for months and I really don't see it as that hard to fix the name...

Most of these problems are easy fixs and would take about 1 day of work but I don't really see the map committee fixing many problems ever since a map is added and the problems with breeze island 2 and ancient japan really show how much effort is made with the maps.
  • On 1/8 of the map there was: 3 Diamond Swords, 3 stacks of Enchantment Bottles, 3 stacks of Iron, 2 stacks of Gold, 5 stacks of Coal, 1 stack of Cooked Food. It has gone too far.
  • I would show you the numbers and it would show that the map was heavily underplayed.
  • Has been fixed.
  • A simple /save issue when we were lowering the amount of chests on the map.
  • ^
  • Will be fixed.
  • Will be fixed.
  • So underplayed that they slipped our minds when discussing the issue of "spring cleaning" with the maps.

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
Regarding Vida Cova having too many OP items...
I dont remember ever actually being told there were any, let alone asked to remove them
Not your fault, I know who put it there and honestly I'm disappointed that they did so and that it slipped my view as the leader of the project.

what about Fortress Pyke and Lost Ridge?
Fortress Pyke will most likely be removed, another map that slipped our mind while cleaning out maps.

Lost Ridge and Fallen Haven on the other hand are broken and are still being fixed.

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
Not your fault, I know who put it there and honestly I'm disappointed that they did so and that it slipped my view as the leader of the project.

Fortress Pyke will most likely be removed, another map that slipped our mind while cleaning out maps.

Lost Ridge and Fallen Haven on the other hand are broken and are still being fixed.
If you remove Fortress Pyke I will #@$#ing flip out. It was my favorite map on the servers for a very long time, and is only topped by Origins. You've already removed two amazing maps (Fortune Island and Rugged Lands) Will the madness ever end?!

Reaction score
Avaricia: Thank you, a fourth exit was really needed :)
Most of the maps that were removed were pretty good, but the reasoning for most of them makes sense.
And Ancient Japan is awesome, really happy to see that back :D
Breeze Island 2 is cool, glad we have it now (am I strange for thinking this?...)
In my opinion, Winds of Change looks really good, but it doesn't really make sense to add it, yet remove both Fortune Island and Boombeard's battle. Even though I haven't played it, it seems to be kind of a mash up of the two.
Overall, a great update! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci