• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Map Updates -=2/9/2014=- "Spring Cleaning" Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mathijs3011

Platinum
Reaction score
Wyverns wake and fortune island really have to stay, these two are really fun!! Btw couldn't you remove remnant or fallen haven<--- those are the ones that are really underplayed....

Last edited:

martengeu

Spectator
Reaction score
What does it make you think fortune island is underplayed?! That doesn't even make sense!

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
KorStonesword's Long, Lengthy Reply with opinions people will probably not care about.

I think that MCSG needs to create a better removal system. Here it goes:
Don't remove maps that are good. DO remove maps that are.
I hate the reasoning that 'because it's underplayed, it should be removed.' In my opinion that's just plain stupid. I LIKE the occasional long game, with a map that's rarely played. I LIKE to play in a match where no-one has a route, and the map seems unexplored and full of mystery every once in a while. Just because a map is underplayed does
NOT mean that it is bad! I enjoy playing on Kharmunrah, SG2, and Fallen Empire every once in a while.
Heck, Origins is underplayed, yet the map took 8 months to create, is massive in scale, has epic lore and a unique gameplay style. In my opinion it's the best map on the servers, from a personal and technical standpoint.

Fortune Island and Rugged Lands were far from underplayed (Where did you get your stats from?!) but even if they were, that wouldn't mean they deserve to be removed!
The only maps here that I really agreed with their removal were Boombeards Battle and Treacherous Heights (Poorly designed from a gameplay standpoint, in my opinion.) [EDIT]: Despite the complaints, I think Wyvern's Wake deserves to be removed if there are as many hidden items as they say there are. Maybe they could search the map over a period of a month or so (maybe doing like 10 minutes of searching a day or something.) and once they found all the OP items bring the map back.

Please, please, PLEASE hear my plea MCSG.

tl;dr
Keep good maps even if they are underplayed!

P.S
'And more soon! This map update was rushed and we could only add a few, so more will come ;)'

Waterfall Resort, Eye of Horus, and Cloudy w/ a chance of survival pl0x :p

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
KorStonesword's Long, Lengthy Reply with opinions people will probably not care about.

I think that MCSG needs to create a better removal system. Here it goes:
Don't remove maps that are good. DO remove maps that are.
I hate the reasoning that 'because it's underplayed, it should be removed.' In my opinion that's just plain stupid. I LIKE the occasional long game, with a map that's rarely played. I LIKE to play in a match where no-one has a route, and the map seems unexplored and full of mystery every once in a while. Just because a map is underplayed does
NOT mean that it is bad! I enjoy playing on Kharmunrah, SG2, and Fallen Empire every once in a while.
Heck, Origins is underplayed, yet the map took 8 months to create, is massive in scale, has epic lore and a unique gameplay style. In my opinion it's the best map on the servers, from a personal and technical standpoint.

Fortune Island and Rugged Lands were far from underplayed (Where did you get your stats from?!) but even if they were, that wouldn't mean they deserve to be removed!
The only maps here that I really agreed with their removal were Boombeards Battle and Treacherous Heights (Poorly designed from a gameplay standpoint, in my opinion.) [EDIT]: Despite the complaints, I think Wyvern's Wake deserves to be removed if there are as many hidden items as they say there are. Maybe they could search the map over a period of a month or so (maybe doing like 10 minutes of searching a day or something.) and once they found all the OP items bring the map back.

Please, please, PLEASE hear my plea MCSG.

tl;dr
Keep good maps even if they are underplayed!

P.S
'And more soon! This map update was rushed and we could only add a few, so more will come ;)'

Waterfall Resort, Eye of Horus, and Cloudy w/ a chance of survival pl0x :p
Oh god yes, while I may not agree with your opinions of what maps are good and bad, I(VERY MUCH) agree that a long game is truly underrated, and that it's so much fun to play TSG3 every once in a while rather than playing SG4, BI, etc etc..

ThisJKid

Diamond
Reaction score
What defines a good(or bad) map?
Why do you play video games, for fun?

A good map is a fun map. Whatever you feel is fun is up to you. If a large number of people think it's fun then they'll want it to stay.

On a separate note, how the hell are Fortune Island and Vida Cova underplayed while Destiny's Shiver and Fallen Collossi are still in?!

Last edited:

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
Why do you play video games, for fun?

A good map is a fun map. Whatever you feel is fun is up to you. If a large number of people think it's fun then they'll want it to stay.

On a separate note, how the hell are Fortune Island and Vida Cova overplayed while Destiny's Shiver and Fallen Collossi are still in?!
Overplayed? ;P typosforthewin

Sayf

Experienced
Reaction score
Wyvern's Wake should stay there aren't too many OP items. The only OP item that I can think of is the diamond sword. Enchantment bottles aren't that big of a deal.

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
Wyvern's Wake should stay there aren't too many OP items. The only OP item that I can think of is the diamond sword. Enchantment bottles aren't that big of a deal.
V
I'm just going to solve the Wyvern's Wake problem here with listing all of the OP items I found on one eighth of the map:
  • 3 Diamond Swords
  • 3 stacks of Enchantment Bottles
  • 3 stacks of Iron
  • 2 stacks of Gold
  • 5 stacks of Coal
  • 1 stack of Cooked Food
This is a Lost Mine situation, where the amount of things on the map has gone way too far.

With the maps mentioned like Destiny's Shiver, and Fallen Colossi, those will likely be removed soon, as they were so underplayed that they slipped our mind when discussing what to remove >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci