• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Map Voting and It's Cons.

Do you oppose or support my opinion?

• Total voters
Reaction score
I'm certain I'm not the first to say this, but I hate voting. Some people may like the feature when used as it was meant to (which it is, technically) but that's just half the crowd. The other half would like random map each time, or a cycle. I like playing on au6 because there is no voting, and instead of a lobby, you're let loose to look around the upcoming map. It removes a lot of the stress of waiting, as you can plan out your route as you are waiting, instead of just walking around a lobby that gets boring after the first look around.

My ultimate solution would be to split the servers into two groups; half with voting, and the other half without, like au6.

Daalexantor

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I disagree with removing map voting, because while I agree that spam is so annoying, their is a perfectly good reporting system (just press F2 when you see some spam, post a thread on the report abuse sectoin, then let a mod take care of the rest) that in my option, isn't used that often.

Plus, Map voting allows people to play what they want. If they like a map they vote for it. It also allows a way for people to see what maps work and what maps don't work.

JoshAU

Survivor
Reaction score
i believe what you are saying about the new maps being over played. they are so over played that they are old now, we need a cool down system for the maps, if you don't know what i mean by cool down its where if you play a map more than twice you cant play it a 3rd time.

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I liked the days when it was random, but it needs a lot of extra RAM to run it that way.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
I think every player should be FORCED to vote for one map and once all players have voted the game should automatically start. This would be to save time. It gets annoying waiting 5 minutes before every match especially as there's a chance you won't even last 5 minutes in the actual game. Other than that I like voting maps.
If there was one AFK person, however, this would completely stop the server. And what if people just voted really fast to start the game straight away and no one else had a chance to join? Sorry, but this isn't the best or most thought out idea.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci