• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCGamer 1.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
Wait until Mojang updates to 1.9. Depending if it's great or not people will complain to bring back 1.8.

Also what's the pvp breaking thing in 1.8 thats got everyone wanting 1.7 back? I never really could figure that out.
Same, I don't know either. Like 1.8 is just fine.

Nix

Platinum
Reaction score
I do agree with you in the sense that 1.7 PvP is 10000% more balanced. In 1.8, the game just isn't as fun. Seeing as 1.9 is to be coming out in the somewhat near future, I'm excited to see what it has in store, but at the same time I'm scared that none of the 1.8 "issues" will be fixed, and even worse there may be features that completely screw up PvP in the competitive aspect. We'll just have to wait and see.

Regarding Badlion, yes it is nice that you can play Badlion on 1.7, but it's so unbalanced between 1.7 and 1.8 players, that I'm surprised such a competitive network has created such an uneven playing field. I mean, most Badlion players use 1.7, but rip the people on 1.8 :c

I just wish all of these PvP related changes hadn't happened in 1.8, because then we wouldn't be having these problems.
Usually, Badlion consists of more skilled players, who will choose to play on 1.7, since it gives such an advantage to them. Less players will choose to play on 1.8, either because they do not know they can change, or because some people will choose to play on 1.8, because it gives them an advantage, as they are better on the new update (like GoldenWave ).
That is why balancing those 2 versions of Minecraft would be better, since everyone would choose the Minecraft version they prefer.

N

Nikola

My brother hack my account I swear I never hack!! No, seriously it's just a game, just an optional update. I don't get people, if you don't enjoy the game why do you play it?

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
Usually, Badlion consists of more skilled players, who will choose to play on 1.7, since it gives such an advantage to them. Less players will choose to play on 1.8, either because they do not know they can change, or because some people will choose to play on 1.8, because it gives them an advantage, as they are better on the new update (like GoldenWave ).
That is why balancing those 2 versions of Minecraft would be better, since everyone would choose the Minecraft version they prefer.
I feel like i'm better on 1.8 than 1.7. But having a server where you can have both versions gives people an advantage over the other. If everyone is on 1.8, everyone is equal. like everyone always says pvp is better on 1.7, so if all the good players played on 1.7 and the less good players or other people play on 1.8 then the good players will have an advantage over them.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Unless it's pot pvp. Then you're a rest in peace on 1.8

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
My brother hack my account I swear I never hack!! No, seriously it's just a game, just an optional update. I don't get people, if you don't enjoy the game why do you play it?
Its like drugs or drinking its an addiction :p

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
completely agreed, 1.8 is a giant slap in the face to potpvpers(also soupers).
In all honesty, it isn't that bad for Survival Games, or simple 1v1s, and it isn't a problem if both players are on 1.8, but once you're facing someone on 1.7 you're toast

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
In all honesty, it isn't that bad for Survival Games, or simple 1v1s, and it isn't a problem if both players are on 1.8, but once you're facing someone on 1.7 you're toast
Exactly, thats why server that support both 1.8 and 1.7 are bad!
Edit: Even tho I still wreck people on badlion (using 1.8).

Evermore

Career
Reaction score
I feel like i'm better on 1.8 than 1.7. But having a server where you can have both versions gives people an advantage over the other. If everyone is on 1.8, everyone is equal. like everyone always says pvp is better on 1.7, so if all the good players played on 1.7 and the less good players or other people play on 1.8 then the good players will have an advantage over them.
No...it doesn't give an advantage, as every single player has a choice of what version to play on.

Any server that allows both 1.7 and 1.8 clients use altered 1.7 protocols to allow 1.8 clients; the server itself is technically 1.7. Therefore, the mechanics controlled by the server are 1.7. If someone plays on 1.8 on one of these servers, it may offer a less stable experience, giving them a disadvantage.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Exactly, thats why server that support both 1.8 and 1.7 are bad!
In most cases yep. Supporting multiple versions has always been an awkward job. Heck, before 1.7 it wasn't even possible from what I'd experienced. There are some less savory things aboit PvP in 1.8, but it hasn't killed everything..

Not to mention that 1.9 is coming out soon. Cross your fingers and hope that the update is actually beneficial, instead of geared toward survival players again .-.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci