• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCGamer 1.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sevy

Survivor
Reaction score
1.8 simply crushed pvp by making knockback equal in all situations making strafing useless and giving more room for those guys that call themselves "good" while completely counting on luck and straightlining.

jtmboy

Diamond
Reaction score
I like the message of this thread, it does get a good point across

ThatTyle

Platinum
Reaction score
I personally feel it wasn't the best idea for MCGamer to switch to 1.8. Am I allowed to disagree? Yes. Although, I can see what the future holds for the network for itself, and it is still a very interesting to see the player-base switch from MCGGamer's servers and other networks. We have competition, and competition in the financial world is highly interesting to me :)

Now for the real question. I really wonder if 1.9 will change the style and turn for battles, and then like Zeff said, we will probably be begging and rioting for 1.8 to come back. Look at other situations such as the hub and MCG 2.0. What did we hear the past 2 weeks? bring the old MCG back, #mcsg1.0, etc. It seems as if we as a community are highly submissive to change, but we get used to it after a while.

Rasclarts

Experienced
Reaction score
I do agree with you in the sense that 1.7 PvP is 10000% more balanced. In 1.8, the game just isn't as fun. Seeing as 1.9 is to be coming out in the somewhat near future, I'm excited to see what it has in store, but at the same time I'm scared that none of the 1.8 "issues" will be fixed, and even worse there may be features that completely screw up PvP in the competitive aspect. We'll just have to wait and see.

Regarding Badlion, yes it is nice that you can play Badlion on 1.7, but it's so unbalanced between 1.7 and 1.8 players, that I'm surprised such a competitive network has created such an uneven playing field. I mean, most Badlion players use 1.7, but rip the people on 1.8 :c

I just wish all of these PvP related changes hadn't happened in 1.8, because then we wouldn't be having these problems.
HOLY ****

A MOD CAPABLE OF FORMING THEIR OWN OPINION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci