• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCGamer Community Bookclub?

Would you like to participate?

• I love reading yes I would!

• No, I like reading but I'm too busy.

• I like reading sure c:

• This is a stupid idea

• I don't like reading

Results are only viewable after voting.

undercoverhail

Diamond
Reaction score
Now, before anyone says anything or makes any comments like "this is a server for games?!?!?!" or "people are here to play minecraft not read", keep in mind that there are the occasional gamers that enjoy sitting down with a book when they aren't acing CS:GO rounds or winning games of sg.

I am one of those people. Wether it be on my ride home, or just taking a break from the internet world I enjoy reading a well written book.

So, I thought: Why not make a book club!
No hate please to all you people who think reading is a giant waste of time or that this is a stupid idea. I think that something like this would be a great way to bring some community members that share the same interests together to bond over a common hobby.

So a few ideas:
1. This would be hosted once a month where everyone that is a member can come together to talk about the book that was read
2. If a member of the staff finds interest in this it could be held in a private channel
3. We could have votes together about what book we would like to read
(Just so everyone knows you aren't required to read the book if you don't like it)
4. I will look for a pdf, epub, or online format of the book being read so you can all get to it at your liesure
Anybody who is interested can put their ideas below!​

Aidan

Platinum
Reaction score
No. I am escaping education with MCSG... RIP me

jk idk this sounds cool

but i dont like reading

ps i didnt read the thread so if this isnt about a bookclub then awk0

Vigilo

District 13
Reaction score
Good idea!

Unfortunately, I only read very simple English book for school, because my English level is really not that high...

I can maybe participate when you read books which are also translated to Dutch!

Lets see! :)

TheMangoTiger

Platinum
Reaction score
This actually sounds like a really good idea ! I used to read soososo much when I was younger, but then I kinda just stopped and the internet took over :3
So if this was a thing I would try and join it to encourage myself to read more again xD

undercoverhail

Diamond
Reaction score
Yaaa I'll join if it becomes a thing.
Nice! :D
No. I am escaping education with MCSG... RIP me

jk idk this sounds cool

but i dont like reading

ps i didnt read the thread so if this isnt about a bookclub then awk0
XD
Good idea!

Unfortunately, I only read very simple English book for school, because my English level is really not that high...

I can maybe participate when you read books which are also translated to Dutch!

Lets see! :)
I can look for Dutch translations when the time comes and let you know :)
This actually sounds like a really good idea ! I used to read soososo much when I was younger, but then I kinda just stopped and the internet took over :3
So if this was a thing I would try and join it to encourage myself to read more again xD
Yayy <3 <3 <3

ThatTyle

Platinum
Reaction score
Both a good idea... And a GREAT idea! I would definatly join in, except I would probably use audible instead of actually reading xD

Freshly

District 13
Reaction score
Nice! :D

XD

I can look for Dutch translations when the time comes and let you know :)

Yayy <3 <3 <3
You just got mod today?!?! Congrats! Also, thank you for being the moderator support of this little idea! I will be sure to keep you posted :)
Remember not to double post...

On the otherhand, definitely wouldn't mind being a part of this. I'm always busy but this is definitely a cool idea, and most definitely something different from other events here at MCGamer. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci