• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCGamer US upgrades has begun!

Investing

Spectator
Reaction score

Hello MCGamers! We have some exciting news to share adding on to the recent news of updates with our community. subv3rsion dv90 Ava Acathine and I are currently in Phoenix, Arizona working on upgrading the US network. What can you expect with all of this amazing hardware? More mini game servers, better connections, more capacity, better hub experience, and faster physical servers! Once we finish the setup, we will be swapping to the new servers hopefully by this weekend. We don't expect any long outages in US but will warn you all if there will be some downtime.

We thank you for your continued support and our next focus after the US upgrade will be AU and CA. We appreciate our premium members giving us the opportunity to budget upgrades like this one! Not a premium member? Help us out by upgrading your account as anything helps! http://shop.mcgamer.net (Our mid-summer sale also ends tonight for 25% off everything.)

Want to take your premium to the next level? Code named Quantum rank to help MCGamer upgrade to 10Gb is now accepting orders in Canada and Mexico! Order yours today: http://quantum.mcgamer.info (EU/UK/AU locations are still being worked out for shipping costs. Details will come later in the week). Get an exclusive light-green rank, a signed shirt from me, and a server dedicated to you!

More pictures:

I'm really excited! I'm still hoping that there is a lot less lag, but cool!

JoelJCE

Career
Reaction score
So you just build the dedi's? Also how do you host them in a warehouse someone's house etc?
Entirely depends on the server ordered. For some servers you need to put things together, others are ready right out of the box.

The servers are colocated in PhoenixNAP's data center (also called PNAP). Colocation means that you provide your own hardware and the data center provides electricity and an uplink to the Internet. It's typically cheaper than renting the hardware and it's beneficial because you OWN the servers, and thus you can sell them after you're done with them (whereas if you're renting you own nothing after you stop paying).

However, don't get any bright ideas if you live near Phoenix. The facility is patrolled around the clock by armed guards and identification is required every time you enter the building. PNAP houses sensitive information for many different companies, so they don't take their jobs lightly. If I recall correctly, the last time Bill and Justin were in Phoenix there was a few guys from Buycraft in the same building.

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
Wait Mexico?!?!?! Does this mean there's going to be a South American Server?

JoelJCE

Career
Reaction score
Wait Mexico?!?!?! Does this mean there's going to be a South American Server?
I believe he means that they can now ship the shirt to Mexico. When the original Quantum post was added they could only accept orders within the United States. Now they can accept orders within Canada, Mexico and the United States.

Edog

Platinum
Reaction score
What will this change..? Does this mean better connection, or just DDoS protection?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci