• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCGamer - What's happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrMad2000

Before I get a lot of hate. I just want to state one thing...

Ever since I've joined this community. I've felt welcomed. Now, I feel harassed. What's going on? Change is good, but why has MCSG changed so negatively? I know I'm not the only one...

Before you attack me with scientific or factual evidence giving me a list of 100 things I don't need to know, just take this into consideration...

MCSG's community is starting to die down... I'm not sure if many of you noticed it. So what? We have now got 2,000,000 players. Massive milestone, but many people are either quitting or being banned. (Not questioning staff's decisions on certain bans but I swear about 100 - 300 people get banned per day which seems excessive.) If you're staff then think of this in a non-professional way. You work way to hard and there's no need to consistently maintain a professional attitude everywhere you go.

Anyways. I just want a quick, short and slightly justified opinion of what you think. Do you think that MCSG has changed? For the better or the worst? I think we've changed in a lot of ways that have affected us as a community quite a bit but benefited staff and vice-versa but the impact that has in the long term could arise to be a problem as I see things starting to happen now.

(Plz nu bein' rud)

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
I agree, the community is definitely not what it used to be. I would definitely have quit by now if it weren't for a few people who I would miss.
aww thanks. (kidding you dont mean me..)

I would post what I would say, but I'm not due to I dont it to be interpreted wrong.

M

MrMad2000

I agree, the community is definitely not what it used to be. I would definitely have quit by now if it weren't for a few people who I would miss.
Agreed.

I feel like a majority of the community reject their position. Not as much as staff but most members do at the very least which can lead to a bad influence which staff can take on to abuse their rights. I won't say names but if I did I could say a few.

M

MrMad2000

Yes, I miss it, back when it was 'MCSG' you could feel safe from mods correcting you at every point, no offence meant, but that's what it feels like now.
I think that the Staff team should be completely reconsidered. Some of the staff are amazing. I aspire to be like them sometimes, but there's others who don't do there job well. Some actually become mod to just go into games.

Mods, before you defend yourselves and take offence because of this statement*, be aware that this is probably not including you. As a majority of the staff are good at what they do.

(This is not meant to offend anyone. I'm not backchatting or gossiping about any people of the team either.)

Fireized

Diamond
Reaction score
Well I am kinda new to MCSG so I wouldn't know what it was like, but I would assume it was a better and more friendly community back when MCSG wasn't as popular. Now there's just tons of people joining the bandwagon and not caring about the community.

Reaction score
I was recently perm banned. The mods seemed desperate to ban me, I will respect the fact that they thought I broke the rules. But my reason was worth a week max.

M

MrMad2000

In the old days, the last thing I expected was to get banned for hacks. Now I am so scared that I record my controls just in case most of the time because there are so many ban-hungry mods.
I disagree with what you've said incon, but I do see what you mean...

I think that security and safety was a lot more important back in V1, but now some staff ignore the major things and pick on the small things like a hack that allows you to press a key and a sword in your inventory goes into your first slot. (keybinds)
I feel like the staff have always been strict on the policy of how hacks should be dealt with and it's always brought to their attention. But when the donator issue was happening and SG was loosing money because the drawback of the payment for a donation they still focused on the minor things and allowed it to happen until it got way too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci